Updated on - 27 Oct 2021
There might be several reasons due to which a customer might want to transfer the HP gas connection. The owner might be deceased or have other reasons for HP gas transfer. HP allows its customers to avail the facility of connection transfer. The process is hassle free and easy to perform.
How to Transfer HP Gas Connection
If you’re shifting your residence to a different location within the city in which you already have an active LPG connection, follow these steps:
- Approach your distributor with your consumer number and Subscription Voucher (SV) and fill out the Transfer Form.
- Submit the Transfer Form and consumer number with the distributor and inform them that you are shifting residence and hence require the address and KYC to be updated to reflect the change in address.
- The distributor will give you an electronic Consumer Transfer Advice (e-CTA) which is valid for 3 months.
- Once you’ve shifted residence, take the e-CTA to the new HP Gas distributor, who will update your SV or issue a new one as the case may require.
It’s important to note that if you aren’t shifting between cities, you can retain the same LPG cylinder and pressure regulator and reuse the same at the new distributor.
If your current distributor can still service the location of your new address, you can just have them update your address details in their KYC documents and continue filling the same cylinder at the same location.
Transferring HP Gas Connection to a New City
If you are shifting your residence to different city from the one in which you’re registered for an HP Gas connection, follow these steps:
- Approach your HP Gas distributor with your SV, DGCC Booklet, empty LPG cylinder, pressure regulator, and filled out transfer form.
- Submit all these to the distributor, who will give you a Termination Voucher (TV) which is valid for one year along with the security deposit for the cylinder and pressure regulator.
- Once you’ve shifted residence, take the TV and DGCC Booklet to the new distributor in the new city of residence and submit the same.
- The distributor will then issue a new SV and update the consumer number.
- After registration, the distributor will issue a new LPG cylinder and pressure regulator upon the payment of the deposit amount.
Transferring HP Gas Connection to Individuals
LPG connections can be transferred for any of 5 acceptable reasons as mentioned under:
The government has allowed LPG customers to transfer their LPG connections in the following cases:
Transfer of Gas Connection to a Family Member:
For the purposes of LPG transfer, family member means either Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Brother or Sister. An ID proof and address proof document of the Transferor and Transferee is required to be submitted to the HP Gas distributorship at the time of transfer. A declaration form has to be filled out and duly signed by bother the Transferor and the Transferee and be submitted to the distributor.
Transfer of Gas Connection Outside the Family:
A valid LPG connection held with all KYC documents in place can be transferred by the connection holder to a person who is unrelated (not the father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter). An ID proof and address proof document of the Transferor and the Transferee must also be submitted at the time of transferring the connection for the distributor’s records and to maintain legality in the transaction. Both the Transferor and Transferee have to sign the declaration form.
Transfer of Connection without Consent from the Transferor:
If a person holds a Subscription Voucher and equipment from a particular distributor, but a letter of consent cannot be acquired from the Transferor for whatever reason, the connection can still be transferred. The Transferee need only fill out and duly sign the declaration form and submit the required ID and address proof.
Transfer of Connection Due to the Death of the Connection Holder:
In the event of the demise of a LPG connection holder, the next of kin/legal heir can have the connection transferred to his/her name. In order to transfer the connection on these grounds, a death certificate of the original registered LPG consumer and KYC documents of the legal heir/next of kin must be submitted to the distributor.
Regularization of LPG Connection:
This is the process to follow if the LPG connection had been held without a Subscription Voucher in the past. In this case, a process needs to be followed which will regularize the LPG connection. A set of KYC documents needs to be filled out and submitted along with ID proof and address proof and a duly filled out declaration form.
HP Gas Transfer Form
The government has made it possible to transfer LPG connection and registration from one person to another in various circumstances. To do this, a process must be followed which starts with filling out a form. The layout of the form is given below along with instructions on how to fill it up correctly:
FORMAT FOR TRANSFER OF DOMESTIC LPG CONNECTION
Name & Address of the Distributorship: Here, fill out the name and address of your current HP Gas LPG distributor>
From: Name of the Transferor:
HP Gas Connection Portability
The government has made it possible for consumers to shift between the oil companies that provide them with LPG cylinders and services in order to hold the distributors and companies to the highest standard of customer service.
A form must be filled out and submitted to the same effect along with all equipment that had been provided by the current company, as the equipment may be incompatible with that of another company.
In order to initiate the portability process from HP Gas to another provider like Bharat Gas or Indane, log on to the HP Gas portability portal at http://myhpgas.in/myhpgas/hpgas/OptPortability.aspx and log in with your credentials.