Updated on - 27 Oct 2021
LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas has become a household staple nowadays and is the most widely used cooking fuel. There are a number of providers supplying this essential product in the Indian market, with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (Bharat Gas Connection) being one of the most prominent.
BPCL is a Government of India venture that provides petroleum and allied products to the Indian market. The company supplies a range of products such as LPG, petrol, diesel etc.
Its LPG product is known as Bharat Gas, and is the most widely used LPG product in the country. BPCL’s distribution network stretches the length and breadth of the country and it supplies LPG gas cylinders for both private as well as commercial use through over 4000 distributors.
In order to facilitate quicker service, the company has launched “eBharat Gas”, an online initiative through which customers can register, apply for and track their LPG orders.
Bharat Gas New Connection
Customers looking to apply for a Bharat Gas connection for the first time can choose to do so either online or offline. Both methods offer quick and efficient service delivery.
Process to Apply for Bharat Gas Connecion Online and Offline:
To apply for an online as well as an offline bharat gas connection,
- You will have to register your mobile or land-line number with your local Bharat Gas distributor.
- You can download the registration form online or you can visit the nearest distributor or office and collect the form.
- Once you have filled in the details, submit the form and you will be notified regarding your registration.
Online Procedure to Apply for Bharat Gas New Connection:
Customers seeking to apply for a new Bharat Gas connection online can do so in a few quick and simple steps.
- Log on to the Bharat Gas Website and register as a new customer.
- On the home page, select the “new user” option and provide the required details (your name and mobile number) to begin the registration process.
- If you have not registered your number with Bharat Gas, download the form and fill in the details requested.
- You will receive an SMS with your login details confirming your registration, after which you can sign in to your account.
- Sign in to your account and select the “new domestic LPG connection” option.
- Fill in the online form with the details requested. Once you have entered all the details requested, click on the “submit” button.
- You will have to upload the supporting documents or you can choose to submit them to your nearest gas distributor.
- You will receive updates on the status of your application online, and receive a notification once it has been registered.
Offline Procedure to Apply for Bharat Gas New Connection:
To apply for a new gas connection offline, kindly follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit your nearest Bharat Gas dealer or office and collect an application form.
- Submit the filled in form along with the required documents to the dealer or office.
- You will receive a call confirming your request, and your application will be processed within 4-5 working days.
Documents Required for New Bharat Gas Connection
When applying for a new Bharat Gas connection, whether offline or online, you will have to submit certain documents along with your application form. These documents, also known as “Know Your Customer” or KYC documents, are used to verify your identity and address. The documents to be submitted are listed below:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address/Residence
Proof of Identity Documents:
Any of the following documents can be submitted towards proof of identity when applying for a new Bharat Gas connection:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter identity card
- Driving licence
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- ID proof issued by either the Central or State Governments
Proof of Address Documents:
Any of the below mentioned documents can be submitted towards proof of address when applying for a new gas connection:
- Driving licence
- Voter’s identity card
- Ration card
- Lease agreement
- Utility bills- telephone /electricity/ water bill
- LIC policy
- Bank statement
- House registration document
- Letter of possession or allotment for a flat/apartment
- Declaration of address attested by a Gazetted officer
Bharat Gas Booking Procedure
Once you have submitted the required forms and have registered yourself, you can start booking for Bharat Gas Connection. You can do so either online or offline.
Bharat Gas Booking Online Procedure:
- You can book online by signing in to your Bharat Gas account and select the “booking” option.
- Enter the details requested, such as delivery date and time and submit the form.
- You will receive a notification confirming your booking.
Bharat Gas will accept a booking only 21 days after a previous booking was made.
Bharat Gas Booking Offline Procedure:
You can also choose to book offline. When making an offline booking, you can do so using any of the below options:
Bharat Gas Booking Through SMS:
If you live in a metro city or a state capital, you can book via SMS.
- You will have to register your mobile number with your local Bharat Gas LPG distributor.
- Once you have registered yourself, you can book a cylinder by sending ‘LPG’ to 57333.
- Those using Tata, Vodafone, MTNL and Idea as their service providers can send the same SMS to 52725.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS along with a booking reference number.
- Once your cylinder is delivered, you will receive an SMS confirming the delivery.
Bharat Gas Booking Through IVRS:
You can book a cylinder through the 24 X 7 IVRS facility, which is available across the country.
- You will have to register your landline or mobile number with your local Bharat Gas distributor (see above for details).
- You can then call on your state’s IVRS number and follow the instructions to book your cylinder.
- If you have registered your mobile number, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
Bharat Gas Booking Through Mobile App (for Android and iPhone):
Smart-phone users can download the “Bharat Gas” mobile app from Play Store or from the official website.
- To activate the booking service you will have to provide your mobile number, the distributor code and your consumer number, both of which are available on the Transparency Portal (accessible through the official website).
- Submit the information, after which you will receive an activation code.
- You will have to provide a security code, which has to be entered whenever you use the app.
Bharat Gas LPG Subsidy
You can avail of the LPG gas subsidy scheme run by the Government of India. This is subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for the subsidy.
Registering Through Aadhaar Card
You can link your Aadhaar card to your bank account and receive the subsidy directly into your account.
To register for the subsidy, you will have to provide the following details:
- Aadhaar card details
- Bank details such as bank name, IFSC/MICR Code, account number and your name.
Registering for LPG Subsity Without Aadhaar Card
If you do not have an Aadhaar card, you can submit your bank account details to your local Bharat Gas distributor, who will issue an acknowledgement slip for the same. You will also have to provide the subsidy form called “PAHAL”, which can be collected from the distributor or downloaded online from the official website.
Bharat Gas Products
Bharat Gas provides a number of variations of LPG to suit every requirement, as detailed below:
Bharat Gas Industrial LPG:
Industrial LPG, as the name suggests, is used by manufacturing and industrial units for a variety of purposes. Some of the industries where LPG is widely used include the biscuits and confectionery industry, in the glass industry for precision melting and shaping of glassware, as well as in the annealing of glass products. It is also used widely in the hotel industry as well as in the milling and steel industries.
Bharat Gas Piped LPG:
A more convenient option to the regular cylinder, Bharat Gas’s piped gas connections are safe, secure and eliminate the hassle of cylinder booking. Its ease of use and continuous gas supply, coupled with complete assistance during installation and round the clock assistance make it a popular choice.
Bharat Gas Auto LPG:
Bharat Gas also provides an alternative to the conventional fuel sources of petrol and diesel. With LPG a cleaner and environmentally friendly fuel source, its use helps control pollution. BPCL has been a pioneer in the promotion of LPG as a fuel source, setting up a number of dispensing stations across the country.
Bharat Metal Cutting Gas:
A revolutionary way of cutting metal, Bharat Metal Cutting Gas (BMCG) replaces the generally used acetylene mixture which is both expensive as well as has limitations with regard to supply. The BMCG is a low cost alternative that is easy to use and provides the same quality of finished product as the acetylene.