PAHAL (DBTL) scheme will ensure that the subsidy for all LPG cylinders will be provided directly to the Aadhaar linked bank accounts of the customer. Subsidies are available for 12 cylinders per year. Certain modified schemes also allow customers without Aadhaar cards to receive this subsidy. Families with an income of over Rs. 10 lakhs per year will not be eligible to receive gas subsidies.
How to get LPG Subsidy?
Recently, the central government has initiated the facility of transferring the subsidy amount directly to the bank account of the beneficiary of the PAHAL DBTL scheme. There are two different ways in which the subsidy amount is transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary.
- Via the Aadhaar card
- Without the Aadhaar card
How to get the LPG Subsidy amount via the Aadhaar Card?
Any beneficiary of the PAHAL DBTL scheme who has an Aadhaar card that is linked to the bank account can avail it via entering the Aadhaar card number. The Aadhaar card number should also be linked to the LPG consumer number.
How to get the LPG Subsidy amount if the consumer does not have the Aadhaar Card?
If the consumer does not have the Aadhaar card, he or she can directly provide the bank account number to the LPG distributor so that the subsidy amount can directly be transferred to his or her bank account. This facility of providing a subsidy to customers who do not have Aadhaar card is done so that none of the consumers miss out on the benefits of the scheme. The two different details that can be given by consumers who do not have an Aadhaar card are:
- Bank account information such as the name of the account holder, bank account number and the IFSC code of the bank branch.
- LPG consumer information which is a 17 digit LPG consumer ID.
Check Bharat Gas Subsidy Status Online
- If customers procure Bharat Gas, then in order to check their enrollment status, they will have to visit the official website of Bharat Gas.
- They will then have to click on the tab titled ‘My LPG’
- Then click on the ‘Check PAHAL status’ tab.
- They will then have to provide details of their Aadhaar card number, 17 digit LPG ID and mobile number.
- They can also choose another option in case they do not have an Aadhaar number wherein they will need to provide details regarding their state, district, distributor and consumer number.
- Once they click the ‘proceed’ button, their status will be given.
Check HP Gas Subsidy Status Online
- If customers procure HP Gas then in order to check their status, they will have to visit the official HP gas website.
- They will then have to click on the link that says ‘Check PAHAL status’.
- Customers can find out their status through two options.
- In the first one, they will have to provide the name of the distributor, consumer number or Aadhaar number or their LPG ID and click proceed.
- In the second option, they will to provide details regarding their state, district, distributor and consumer number and click proceed post which the status will be displayed.
Check Indane Gas Subsidy Status Online
- For customers who purchase Indane gas, finding out their enrollment status is quite simple. They will have to visit the Indane website and click on the link that says ‘Check PAHAL status’.
- Customers can find out their status through two options.
- In the first one, they will have to provide the name of the distributor, LPG ID or Aadhaar number or their consumer number and click proceed.
- In the second option, they will to provide details regarding their district, state, distributor and consumer number and click proceed post which the status will be displayed.
The DBTL/PAHAL subsidy has become one of the biggest in the world and provides a subsidy to millions of Indian citizens. The above methods can be used to check for the DBTL enrollment status online.
LPG Subsidy Helpline
At times, when you have any question or doubt about the LPG subsidy scheme, you can call up on the DBTL Helpline number I.e 18003001947 . A common call centre has been set up by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. All the LPG customers of HP Gas, Indane and Bharat Gas can call up on this helpline number for resolving their queries.
Latest Updates on LPG Subsidy
Government increases subsidy prices for LPG by 60%
The government has increased subsidy amount for LPG used for cooking gas by 60% in the last two months to keep in line with the rising international LPG prices. Under the scheme introduced by the government, 12 subsidised cylinders of 14.2 kg each is distributed to each household. This is done by transferring the subsidy amount directly in the bank account of the beneficiary of the scheme. This subsidiary amount that is transferred by the government directly in the bank account has been increased by 60% to Rs.257.74 per cylinder. The subsidy for LPG was Rs.159.29 per cylinder in May and Rs.204.95 in June.
The tax to be paid in addition to the price of the LPG will remain same for both subsidised and non-subsidised LPGs. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) to be paid will always be calculated based on the international market price of LPG.
What to Do If You Do Not Receive the LPG Subsidy in the Bank Account?
Several consumers of Bharat Gas, Indane and HP Gas have this question. The DBTL PAHAL ensures that the LPG customers get the subsidy credited directly to their bank accounts. In case you have applied successfully for the LPG subsidy but have not received it yet in your account, the following could be the possible reasons behind it:
- Cylinder delivered but the subsidy was not received – It takes two to three days for the subsidy to get credited to your account after the cylinder is delivered to your house. It is advisable to extend the wait period for 1 or 2 more days and then check the account.
- The transaction failed – It can happen that the transaction was initiated but it failed so the payment did not get credited. You need to visit the bank branch with your Aadhaar number to get a solution for this situation.
- Subsidy transferred but bank did not receive it – In this case, you must contact your bank’s branch.
- Cylinder booked but the subsidy advance not received – In general, it takes 2 to 3 days for the subsidy advance to get credited. However, it is advisable to you wait for a period of 4 days.