Updated on - 24 Sep 2021
PAHAL (DBTL) scheme will ensure that the subsidy for all LPG cylinders will be provided directly to the Aadhaar linked bank accounts of the customer. Subsidies are available for 12 cylinders per year. Certain modified schemes also allow customers without Aadhaar cards to receive this subsidy. Families with an income of over Rs. 10 lakhs per year will not be eligible to receive gas subsidies.
How to get LPG Subsidy?
There are two different ways in which the subsidy amount is transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary.
- Via the Aadhaar card
- Without the Aadhaar card
How to get the LPG Subsidy amount via the Aadhaar Card?
- Click on the link http://mylpg.in/index.aspx and under ‘Forms’ click on ‘PAHAL Joining Form’. An application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Download and print out a couple of copies of the form. Fill the application form ensuring all the details are correct where in one of the forms you will be required to fill Part A, and Part B and submit it your LPG distributor.
- In the other form, fill the PART A, PART B, and PART C of the form and submit it to the bank with whom you have a bank account. Make sure you also attach relevant documents with your application form before submission.
How to get the LPG Subsidy amount if the consumer does not have the Aadhaar Card?
- Click on the link http://mylpg.in/index.aspx and under ‘Forms’ click on ‘PAHAL Joining Form’. An application form will be displayed on your screen. The application form will be displayed on your screen which you will have to download and printout.
- Since, you don’t have an Aadhaar, you will have to fill up PART A and PART C of the form.
- Ensure that you have attached all the relevant documents such as a copy of your passbook, bank statement, certificate from your distributor, bluebook, cash memo which you would have received while booking a new gas connection.
- Make sure that all the details on your application form are correct. You can then submit the form to either your LPG distributor or your bank.
Methods to link your Aadhaar with LPG
You can visit the PAHAL website to link your Aadhaar with LPG. There are various ways through which you can link Aadhaar with LPG.
Link through IVRS
Click on the link http://petroleum.nic.in/dbt/sms.html. Here you will find the link to the IVRS section on the respective pages of Indane Gas, HP Gas, and Bharat Gas. Based on your distributor, you can visit the page and dial the number given to link your Aadhaar with LPG.
Link through SMS
|Steps||Indane Gas||Bharat Gas||HP Gas|
|Step 1: Register your mobile number||Send SMS IOC < STD Code + the distributor's telephone number> < Consumer Number >||Register your mobile number with your distributor||Send SMS REG distributor telephone number with STD code without zero consumer number|
|Step 2: Send SMS for submission of Aadhaar||UIDAadhaar number (UID123456789012)||UIDAadhaar number (UID123456789012)||UIDAadhaar number (UID123456789012)|
Link through Post
You can link your Aadhaar with LPG via post. You will be required to send a copy of your Aadhaar along with your name, consumer number, mobile number, and address to the relevant address of the LPG gas distributor from you have availed a gas connection. You can click on the link http://petroleum.nic.in/dbt/post.html to find the address of the LPG gas provider relevant in your case.
Through Call Centre
Call on the number 18002333555 and get in touch with a customer care executive. Inform them about your decision to link your Aadhaar with LPG. The customer care executive will take you through the linking process.
Steps to check LPG Subsidy Status Online
- Click on the link http://mylpg.in/index.aspx.
- In the box, enter your 17-digit LPG ID and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will be able to view your LPG Subsidy Enrollment status.
- In case you don’t know how your LPG id, then click on ‘Click here to know your LPG ID’.
- Choose the distributor from whom you have applied to avail an LPG gas connection – Indane Gas, Bharat Gas, and HP Gas.
- Once you choose the gas provider, you will be directed to its official website page.
- You can find your LPG ID by doing either a quick search or a normal search. In the former process, you will have to enter the name of the distributor and enter your consumer ID. If you choose the ‘normal search’ option, then enter the state, district, distributor, and your consumer number. Enter the captcha in the box and click on ‘Proceed’. You will be shown your 17-digit LPG ID which you can then use to either login to your distributor’s portal or go to mylpg.in and check the status.
Check Bharat Gas Subsidy Status Online
- If customers procure Bharat Gas, then in order to check their enrollment status, they will have to visit the official website of Bharat Gas.
- They will then have to click on the tab titled ‘My LPG’
- Then click on the ‘Check PAHAL status’ tab.
- They will then have to provide details of their Aadhaar card number, 17-digit LPG ID and mobile number.
- They can also choose another option in case they do not have an Aadhaar number wherein they will need to provide details regarding their state, district, distributor and consumer number.
- Once they click the ‘proceed’ button, their status will be given.
Check HP Gas Subsidy Status Online
- If customers procure HP Gas then in order to check their status, they will have to visit the official HP gas website.
- They will then have to click on the link that says ‘Check PAHAL status’.
- Customers can find out their status through two options.
- In the first one, they will have to provide the name of the distributor, consumer number or Aadhaar number or their LPG ID and click proceed.
- In the second option, they will to provide details regarding their state, district, distributor and consumer number and click proceed post which the status will be displayed.
Check Indane Gas Subsidy Status Online
- For customers who purchase Indane gas, finding out their enrollment status is quite simple. They will have to visit the Indane website and click on the link that says ‘Check PAHAL status’.
- Customers can find out their status through two options.
- In the first one, they will have to provide the name of the distributor, LPG ID or Aadhaar number or their consumer number and click proceed.
- In the second option, they will to provide details regarding their district, state, distributor and consumer number and click proceed post which the status will be displayed.
The DBTL/PAHAL subsidy has become one of the biggest in the world and provides a subsidy to millions of Indian citizens. The above methods can be used to check for the DBTL enrollment status online.
LPG Subsidy Helpline
At times, when you have any question or doubt about the LPG subsidy scheme, you can call up on the DBTL Helpline number i.e 18002333555 . A common call centre has been set up by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. All the LPG customers of HP Gas, Indane and Bharat Gas can call up on this helpline number for resolving their queries.
PAHAL Helpline Numbers
You can call on the number 18002333555 in case of any query. You can call the number to get in touch with a PAHAL customer care executive to get your query resolved.
FAQs on LPG Subsidy Enrollment Status
What is LPG subsidy amount?
Due to the rise in price of fuel and gas, the cost of LPG in India has also increased. Hence, in order to cushion the effect of rise in price of LPG, the customers can avail a subsidy on their LPG where the differential amount will be credited to their bank account every month. However, if your annual income is above Rs.10 lakh then you are not eligible to receive the LPG subsidy amount.
Is LPG subsidy removed?
Currently, the Government of India has removed the LPG subsidy on gas cylinders due to drop in global oil prices and market being at par with the subsidised rates, and hence, a customer despite being eligible will not have a subsidy amount credited to their bank account. Currently, the cost of a non-subsidised and subsidised gas cylinder is the same.
How long does it usually take to link my Aadhaar number with an LPG connection?
It normally takes 2-3 business days for your Adhaar number to be linked with your LPG connection.
Will I get a notification once the subsidy linking has been activated?
Yes, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number and a mail on your email ID confirming the activation of your subsidy linking.
Where can I find my 17-digit LPG ID?
You can find your 17-digit LPG ID by visiting your respective LPG distributor website where either by doing a quick search or a normal search you can find your 17-digit LPG ID. If you are using the quick search method, you will have to enter the name of the distributor and enter your consumer ID. If you choose the ‘normal search’ option, then enter the state, district, distributor, and consumer number. Once the details have been entered, enter the captcha in the box given and click on ‘Proceed’. You will be able to view your 17-digit LPG ID. Note it down.
How can I know my LPG subsidy amount?
Click on the link http://mylpg.in/index.aspx where you will have to provide your 17-digit LPG ID and click on ‘Submit’. You can then view the subsidy amount you will be eligible to receive by mentioning the details of your bank account and Aadhaar number.
Who is not eligible for gas subsidy?
People with annual income of Rs.10 lakh and above will not be eligible to receive gas subsidy.
What happens if LPG subsidy is not received?
If you have not received your LPG subsidy, you can wait for another 1-2 days for the amount to be credited. If the amount is still not credited, get in touch with your LPG distributor’s customer care executive or call on the number 1800-2333-555 to enquire regarding the subsidy amount being credited to your bank account. You can also get in touch with your bank to find out why the subsidy amount has not been credited to your bank account.