Updated on - 19 Oct 2021
Liquified Petroleum Gas, popularly known as LPG, has become the widely used household fuel because of the convenience and safety that it offers. LPG is not only an economical fuel source but it is also easy to use & store. Indian Oil launched LPG in India in early 1970s under the brand name Indane which is now one of the largest packed LPG brands across the globe. Since the introduction of Indane LPG in the 1970s, millions of lives have been transformed with the advent of efficient and clean fuel source. Indane caters to the ever growing needs of 5.8 million customers across the country by delivering over 1.20 million cylinders daily through its wide distribution network.
Indane has over 45 Area offices to meet the customer demands with ease. Indane Gas meets the fuel demands of over 57.41 million by supplying LPG cylinders through 5500 plus Indane Gas distributors. Also, 27% of Indane’s total customers are in rural and semi urban markets.
Every second LPG Cooking Gas Cylinder connection in India is an Indane - if you want to know more details about how to apply for a new gas connection, read on to find more information about the channels and procedure for getting a new cooking gas connection from Indane.
How to Get An Indane Gas New Connection?
For the benefit of future and existing customers, Indane Gas services can be availed through the web portal, SMS, Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) and by contacting the distributor directly. To apply for a new Indane gas connection, individuals can either apply online or offline. The online and offline methods to apply for an Indane gas connection is described below.
How to Apply for an Indane New Connection Online?
- As a part of the Digital India initiative, Indian Oil Corporation introduced the e-SV and SHAHJ schemes that will enable the customers to apply for an Indane Gas connection online.
- e-SV or the electronic subscription voucher has the details regarding the pressure regulator and the number of cylinders offered to the customer for the security deposit that the customer has offered.
- Upon release of the LPG connection, this document is sent by email to the customer directly.
Process for SAHAJ Indane New Gas Connection Online
Given below is the process flow for SAHAJ and e-SV system to apply for a new Indane Gas Connection online.
- The customer registers for a new LPG gas connection by completing the online KYC form and uploading the supporting proof of address & proof of income documents.
- Indane Gas will make and online check of inter company dedupe of KYC documents.
- For the applications that have cleared the dedupe, a waitlist will be created.
- After verification of the submitted KYC details against the POA and POI, the waitlist will be released to the concerned distributors.
- The prospective customers will be notified by email and SMS to proceed with the request and to select the equipments and the suitable mode of payment.
- The customer can make an online payment by selecting the mode of payment as debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Alternatively, the customer can also make a payment at the distributor showroom while availing the gas connection.
Process to Apply Indane Gas New Connection Offline at The Distributor Office
Customers can also apply for a new Indane Gas connection offline by visiting the nearest distributor office. Follow the easy steps given below to apply for a new Indane Gas connection through your nearest neighborhood Indane Gas distributor.
Locate your Nearest Indane Gas Distributor
- You can find out the nearest Indane LPG distributor by performing a simple search on the Indane LPG gas portal.
- Alternatively, you can also get in touch with the Indane Gas customer care to find out your nearest distributor.
Submit the Documents Required
- Your distributor will ask you to submit a completely filled in application form along with KYC documents like Proof of Address and Proof of Identity.
- Also, submit two photograph copies and proof for subsidy, if applicable.
- Your dealer will send you a confirmation by message or email acknowledging the request that you have placed for a new gas connection.
- You can also check your application status online at the Indane Gas LPG portal.
Documents Required for Indane Gas New Connection
While requesting a new Indane Gas connection, customers will be required to submit some KYC documents for their application to be processed. If the customer is applying online, he must attach the KYC documents and if the customer is applying directly at the distributor’s showroom, he must submit the documents given below with the application form.
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Lease Agreement
- Recent telephone, water or electricity bills
- LIC policy
- Bank account statement or credit card statement
- House registration document
- Flat possession letter
From the above given list, all relevant documents are to be submitted by the customer while applying for a new Indane Gas Connection.
Online Indane Gas Booking Procedure
Customer can book a refill Indane gas cylinder using the website, mobile app or the IVRS system. The customer can also directly contact the nearest dealer to make the booking for a refill cylinder.
All registered Indane Gas customers can book a refill gas cylinder online by providing details like the 17 digit LPG ID, PAN card number, consumer number and contact address.
- You will have to log onto that portal using the user id and password.
- Just fill in the form to book an Indane Gas cylinder easily and submit to place an order.
- You will be able to track the status of your booking online and pay directly to the distributor after delivery.
Indane Gas Booking through SMS
Consumers can also book an Indane Gas refill using the SMS facility. Just send out an SMS in the format - IOC to the IVRS number for your area.
Indane Gas Booking through IVRS
Customers will be able to place a booking for a refill Indane LPG cylinder using the IVRS facility in three language options including their regional language. Customers just have to enter the STD code of the distributor and the the consumer number to make a booking.
Indane Gas Booking using Mobile App
Indane has come up with a mobile App for Android and iOS and customers can directly download the mobile app to register a request for refill cylinder and also to place request for a second gas cylinder. The customer just has to enter details like the consumer number, distributor details and other contact information.
Indane Gas Booking Through Distributors
Customers can visit their nearest distributor to place a request for an Indane refill cylinder. The customer will have to provide details including customer number and contact details to place a request.
Indane Gas Cylinder Prices
Indane provides domestic as well as commercial LPG cylinders. From 5KG to 19KG, subsidized to non-subsidized, the prices varies for different areas. If you want to know the exact prices of the Indane gas products, please click here: Indane Gas Cylinder Price
Advantages of Indane Gas Online Application Process
The new age LPG gas customers want a hassle free experience when booking a new connection, requesting a gas refill or surrendering a connection. Keeping this in mind, Indane Gas has come up with the e-SV initiative which will offer an array of benefits for the customers. Here are some of the advantages that come with the Indane Gas online application process.
Intimations and Tracking
Consumers can track their request and get intimations by email and SMS at various stages of processing which will keep them informed about the progress.
Better Monitoring of New Connections
Every new stage in a new LPG gas connection release can be monitored electronically via the e-SV process and this will lead to a significant reduction in time taken for the release of a new connection.
While applying for a new Indane LPG gas connection, consumers can read and go through all the conditions applicable for availing an LPG connection.
The prospective customer can make a new choice regarding the type of connection including single cylinder, double cylinder and also other products like hot plate etc. Since the customers can select these products directly from the online portal, forced selling by distributors is reduced.
Prospective consumers can pay using their credit cards and debit cards or net banking through a strong online payment gateway. Making a payment online reduces the possibility of over charging and also helps customers make immediate purchase decisions.
No Visits to Distributor Showroom
Indane Gas e-SV process offers a great flexibility to the customers by allowing them to apply for a new LPG connection right from the comfort of their homes. The customer does not have to visit the distributor or fill forms to apply for a new Indane Gas connection. Also, the original Subscription Voucher (SV) copy will be sent directly to the customer’s residence along with the equipment requested.
Online De-Duplication Process
The e-SV facility offered by Indane Gas is integrated with online de-duplication check for multiple LPG gas connections before releasing a connection to a prospective customer. Thanks to this process, the possibility of releasing multiple connections to the same household and the blocking of gas connection at a later date is avoided.
FAQs on Indane Gas
What are the Value Added Services offered by Indane Gas?
Indane Gas distributors offer value added services to its customers in the form of high efficient thermal LPG stoves, Suraksha safety hoses and BIS approved portable fire extinguishers.
Who do I call if I have a query regarding my Indane LPG connection?
For any queries regarding your Indane gas connection, call on the customer care number provided for your region. These are available throughout the day. You can also contact an officer from the company, details of which are available on the Indane website.
What is Indane Preferred Time Delivery?
Usually, LPG cylinders are delivered based on booking numbers. However, in the case of Preferred Time Delivery, you can choose a delivery slot on a day on your choice at an additional charge. The charges depend on the time of day selected.
Are there options for Indane Preferred Time Delivery customers?
Yes, there are three slots available for Preferred Time Delivery customers, as mentioned below:
- Preferred Time customer- you can choose a preferred time from Monday to Friday.
- Preferred Day and Time customer- you can choose the day as well as the time slot for delivery.
- Saturday/Sunday Preferred customer- you can choose a time slot on either Saturday or Sunday for cylinder delivery.
To become a Preferred Delivery customer, you will have to register yourself on the Indane website or you can submit an application to this effect at your local Indane LPG distributor.
Indane conducts a safety audit of all its products, from the safety hose to the regulator and stove or hotplate. The audit is conducted once every 2 years, and you are required to schedule a visit by an Indane mechanic. The mechanic will conduct a thorough check of the entire LPG apparatus.
The safety audit costs Rs.75, which is payable to your Indane LPG distributor. You will also have to schedule the visit through your distributor.