Indane is one of the largest LPG gas companies in the world. It has recently been awarded the Consumer Superbrand status by Superbrands Council of India. LPG gas was first launched in India by Indian Oil to provide Indian households with a clean cooking fuel. Having a clean cooking fuel in the household is of utmost importance as it drastically reduces the risk of health hazards that were caused earlier in its absence. 11 crore households in India are currently using Indane gas LPG connection. Indane gas is one of the most popular LPG Gas Connection in the country. Some of the details about an Indane gas cylinder is mentioned below:
- Usage of Indane LPG Connection can be domestic and commercial.
- Everything related to Indane gas is monitored and regulated by the government.
- The ideal Indane gas cylinder for rural, hilly or inaccessible areas is 5 kgs in weight.
- For domestic purposes, the weight of an Indane gas cylinder is 14.2 kg.
- For commercial and industrial purposes, an Indane gas cylinder weighs about 19 kg and 47.5 kg respectively.
- For any Indane gas cylinder, there is no expiry date, rather only test due date.
- Indane offers superlative services to their sizeable customers. Any issues experienced in servicing, getting a new connection, refilling the cylinder, transfer of the connection within the city or outside, etc., all you need to do is get in touch with your distributor and submit your request.
- These grievances can be attended to online as well by visiting the website of Indane gas.
Indane Gas Registration Online
- To register for an Indane gas LPG connection online, visit this link https://indane.co.in/new_connection.php .
- Next, you will be redirected to a form to fill the following details:
- State of residence
- District of residence
- The distributor. There is an option to locate your distributor.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
Indane Gas New Connection Online Through SAHAJ
From 1 May 2015, LPG gas connection can be availed and issued to the customer online.
- The online issuance of cylinders to customers is a step under the Digital India Initiative.
- Visit the link https://indane.co.in/e-SV.php to get access to ‘Sahaj’.
- ‘Sahaj’ is an e-subscription voucher which contains the details about the pressure regulators and cylinders in possession of the customer.
- After the release of the connection is made online, the e-subscription voucher is sent to the email of the customer.
- ‘Sahaj’ has made buying an LPG connection hassle free. A gas connection can be availed online quicker than it can be availed offline.
Documents that are Required For Registration of Indane Gas Connection:
Duplicate copy of any of your photo and signature bearing National Identity Card such as:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voters ID
- Driving License or Passport
Duplicate copy of any National Identity Card (with your permanent address) such as:
- Aadhaar Card
- SSLC Certificate
- Rental/ Lease Agreement
- Ration Card or any of your most recent utility bills
Indane Gas Refill Booking Procedure
Indane Gas Booking can be done online, through IVRS, via SMS or through the mobile app. The steps to book for a refill via the different modes is mentioned below:
Indane Gas Refill Booking Online
- The customer has to create a user ID and password via the registered email ID. This email ID will then be used for booking Indane gas for a refill.
- This ID can be used for all future bookings and the fee levied can be paid online using debit card, net banking or e-wallet.
Indane Gas Refill Booking Through IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System)
IVRS is available in your local language (option 1), English (option 2) and Hindi (option 3).
- Once you pick your preferred language, you will be requested to punch in the phone number of your distributor along with the specific STD code.
- When the provider is identified appropriately, the system will guide you to enter the unique customer number.
- The numericals present in the customer number has to be dialed in the same order.
- You can find your Consumer Number from your previous refill receipt.
- After giving the option for refilling, you will be sent an SMS regarding the same.
Indane Gas Refill Booking through SMS
In case you are opting for the SMS feature for the first time,
- First Send SMS IOC < STD Code + Distributor's Phone Number > < Consumer Number > to given mobile number.
- For instance, if the Indane distributors (in Delhi) phone number is 26403829 and your unique customer number is QX00278C, SMS must be sent as follows: IOC 1126403829 QX00278C.
- For subsequent bookings, send SMS IOC to the given number.
- After you register your mobile number, you can use the same registration details for further bookings.
Indane Gas Refill Booking through Mobile App
You can now reserve your Gas Refill Cylinder with Mobile App on Android and iphone. A variety of functions such as refilling, requesting for a second cylinder, filing a complaint, checking application status, applying for connection transfer and so on, can also be accomplished.
- The Mobile App is currently accessible for Android phone users in the Google play store and for iphones on Apple Store.
- Please go to play store, search and click on ‘Indane’. After downloading the app, you only have to follow given steps for activation by submitting the required details.
Indane Gas Connection Price
The Indane gas prices for the four different metros Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai are as follows:
|Subsidised Prices for 14.2 kg Indane Gas LPG Cylinder|
|City||Price (in Rs.)|
|Non-Subsidised Prices for 14.2 kg Indane Gas LPG Cylinder|
|City||Price (in Rs.)|
List of Forms for Indane Gas Connection
Applicants can book an Indane gas connection by providing the required documents. Booking can be done both online, as well as offline. Individuals will have to provide all the required documents, especially an Aadhaar card as only through this document can customers receive their subsidy through the DBT or Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme. There are specific forms available for individuals based on their requirements. These include a Declaration of Income for procuring LPG subsidy, Simplified KYC form, meant for those who do not have KYC documents, and so on. These forms can be downloaded in both Hindi and English by clicking here: Indane Gas Form
How to Find Your Indane Gas LPG Cylinder Distributor
To find your LPG gas cylinder distributor, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First visit the Indane gas website by clicking on the link https://indane.co.in/new_distributor.php.
- Next, select the State/UT and then the district in which you reside.
- After entering the security code, a list of the Indane gas distributors will be shown.
- Select the Indane gas distributor in your area of residence.
How to Transfer Indane Gas Connection
There are three different types of transfer of an Indane gas LPG connection. They are:
When the customer is transferring within the distributor’s area of operation:
If the customer is transferring within the distributor’s area of operation, he or she needs to notify the distributor of the new residential address. An address proof for the same also needs to be supplied to the distributor after which the new connection will be sent to the changed address.
When the customer is transferring within the same town but the area is not under the supervision of the distributor:
If the customer is transferring within the same town but the area is not under the supervision of the distributor, the customer needs to hand over his or her Subscription Voucher (SV) to the distributor. With the help of the subscription voucher, the distributor will prepare a Transfer Termination Voucher (TTV). Then the customer needs to visit the distributor in his or her new area of residence and present the TTV along with the Domestic Gas Consumer Card (DGCC) and proof of address of the new residence. After verification, the new details will be Updated in the DGCC. The equipments are to be transferred by the customer to the new area of residence.
- Transferring out of town:
If the customer is transferring out of town, he or she can surrender the equipment to the distributor and the Subscription Voucher (SV) or Transfer Subscription Voucher (TSV), address proof of the new residence Domestic Gas Consumer Card, cylinder and pressure regulator. The distributor will in turn prepare the Termination Voucher in the name and new address of the customer. To obtain the a connection in the new area of residence, the customer has to raise a request. After raising the request, he or she can collect the Indane gas from the Indane centre.
How to Request for Indane’s Mechanic Services?
When you are taking a new connection or replacing your hot plate, you can buy directly from Indane or buy any other ISI marked hot plate. If the hot plate bought from Indane and you are facing issues with it, you can contact Indane for mechanic services. Over time, a hot plate might develop issues related to performance and aesthetics. The mechanic services will take care of servicing, repairs, and replacements. In order to request for mechanic services, you will need to follow the mentioned steps below:
- Visit: https://indane.co.in/transparency/mechanic-service-request.php
- Register your request online by clicking on the link provided on the page
- Enter your Username and password
- Enter the image captcha to submit the request
- You will be redirected to a page that will allow you to request for mechanic services
Indane Gas Customer Care Number and Emergency Helpline Number
- The customer care number for LPG customers is 1906.
- The unique thing about this number is that it is one-stop helpline for the whole country and no code is required.
- The other customer care number for Indane gas LPG customers throughout India is 1800233555.
Indane Gas Customer Support (Feedback)
If any customer has any grievances or complaint that he or she wants to file regarding an Indane gas LPG connection, then he or she can visit the Indian Oil website to do so. The steps to file a complaint are:
- First visit the link https://cx.indianoil.in/EPICIOCL/faces/GrievanceMainPage.jspx .
- After visiting the website, you will see a host of options provided by Indian Oil. Click on the LPG option.
- Next, you will see a box in which he or she can type out the complaint or grievance.
- After typing out the complaint or grievance, select the category and sub-category under which your complaint falls.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your mobile number and other necessary details depending on the complaint.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme- Indane Gas
There are 24 crore households in India. Out of this massive population, approximately 10 crore households do not have LPG connection for cooking purposes. In order to cook their daily meals they still depend upon wood and dung cakes as fuel. The smoke that comes out while cooking using wood and dung cakes is not good for health and causes respiratory problems for the children and women in such households. According to a report given by the World Health Organisation, inhaling unclean fuel smoke is equal to burning 400 cigarettes per hour.
- The PMUY (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) aims at safeguarding the health of children and women by offering clean cooking fuel.
- This step is taken so that the women and children of these households do not compromise on their health.
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was started by PM Narendra Modi on May 1st, 2016. The Yojana was introduced in Ballia, UP and later on it was started in Dahod, Gujarat. After this, the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was started in several states including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha and West Bengal.
- Under this particular scheme, 5 crore connection of LPG will be provided to the households that are below the poverty line.
- This will be provided along with a support of Rs.1,600 for each connection in the next three years. This step has been taken keeping women’s empowerment in mind.
- All the BPL (Below Poverty Line) families will be identified via the socio Economic Caste Census Data.
Safety Tips for Indane Gas LPG Cylinder
Some of the safety tips to follow when using an Indane gas LPG cylinder are:
- Always make sure to buy BIS certified equipments.
- BIS certified LPG regulators and Suraksha rubber tubes can be bought from authorised dealers.
- Check whether the cylinder has Indane gas company seal or not. Also safety cap should not be broken.
- First-time users can ask for professional help for demonstration of the usage of LPG gas cylinder.
- When the cylinder is not in use, turn off the regulator knob and then the stove knob.
- Cylinders that are empty should be stored in a well-ventilated place and the safety cap must always be on.
FAQs on Indane Gas Connection
For a customer who wants to buy an Indane gas connection, is it mandatory to buy the hotplate from the same distributor who also sold the LPG?
No, it is not mandatory to buy the hotplate from the same distributor who also sold the LPG. The customer can buy the hotplate from any place he or she wants although to avail an LPG connection from Indane gas, the applicant should have an ISI mark hotplate and a rubber tube. For existing hotplate and rubber tube, the distributor will examine it within 7 days of payment made by the customer.
What are things to be checked after getting refill of an Indane gas cylinder?
While getting the refill of an Indane gas cylinder, the following things are to be checked:
- Seal of the cylinder.
- Whether the safety cap is intact or not.
- Whether the valve is leaking or not.
What are the steps to be followed on a regular basis to keep the LPG in sound condition?
The steps to be followed on a regular basis to keep the LPG in sound condition are:
- The hotplate has to be cleaned every time cooking is done on it.
- The Suraksha LPG hose has to be cleaned with a wet cloth regularly.
- When the LPG is not in use, make sure that the pressure regulator knob is closed.
- When the burner is cooled off, clean the holes that are choked.
Who can be contacted in case any assistance to use the LPG connection is needed?
In case any assistance is required, the customer can contact the distributor from which LPG connection was bought. The customer can also get in touch with the Indane gas customer care representative. The number to contact Indane gas customer care is displayed on the Indane gas showroom.
Is the examination of domestic installation periodically mandatory?
Yes, the examination of domestic installation periodically is advised at a period of two years. A fee will be charged by Indane gas for the inspection of the installation for which a receipt will also be provided to the customer. Indane gas will send a professional agent for the inspection who will be carrying an ID card to verify himself or herself.
Can LPG be purchased in bulk quantities?
Yes, LPG gas can be purchased in bulk. The customer needs to visit the nearest Indane centre and raise a request.
Are there any special advantages of the high thermal efficiency LPG stoves sold by the Indane distributor?
LPG stoves sold by Indane have a thermal efficiency of 68% and adhere to IS 4246 standards.
The advantages are:
- The LPG stoves marketed by Indane go through strict quality checks and manufactured with utmost care.
- Every stove that is manufactured is serially numbered and carefully documented.
- Each piece that is manufactured is BIS certified and is sold in a special packaging.
- The LPG stove manufactured by Indane is sold with a warranty of 3 years in comparison to other LPG stoves which are sold with a warranty of only a year.
What is Suraksha LPG Hose?
Suraksha LPG Hose has been manufactured by LPG Equipment Research Centre located in Bengaluru. It is BIS certified and adheres to IS 9573: 1988 Type 4 standards. Some of its advantages are:
- The Suraksha LPG hose is specially constructed. It is made of three layers. The inner and outer layers are made from special quality rubber while the middle layer is made of braided copper or brass coated with carbon steel. The carbon steel is a wire mesh which prevents deficiency of rubber tube.
- The Suraksha LPG hose has a life of 5 years which is more than any other LPG hose.
- Suraksha LPG hose is crack proof and rodents cannot cut it.
- A Suraksha Hose LPG is fire, water and abrasion resistant.
- All the details about the Suraksha LPG Hose like its manufacturing date, warranty date and batch number is printed on the pouch in which it is sold.
How can a customer replace a damaged Indane LPG cylinder?
Any damaged LPG cylinder that is received by Indane is marked for a hot repair. If the cylinder is found damaged after it has been hot repaired, it is scrapped.
How can ownership of an Indane LPG connection be transferred?
In case the customer wants to transfer the ownership of LPG connection and the transferee does not own an LPG connection, the following documents are to be submitted:
- The transferee’s KYC
- Identity and address proof
- Subscription voucher of the customer
- Declaration from the transferee stating the transfer of ownership of LPG connection.