LPG Connection is one of the biggest agencies among household resources in current times. Let us delve into the story and know-how the famed Indane Gas came to be known as a ‘consumer super brand’.
Comprehending how imperative it is for you to have the right means to survive, there are gas connection providers who offer services and you have the added benefit of availing it at an economical price as they are government-owned. But managing your connection is a periodic obligation that all homeowners has to undertake as it is essential to have an uninterrupted supply of LPG.
- As of now, Indane Gas is one of the most popular Gas Connection in India and is regarded as an idyllic supplier.
- Usage of Indane LPG Connection can be domestic and commercial.
- It is all monitored regularly by the government.
- A usual Indane Gas cylinder weighs around 4.2 kilogram, but in certain places, it weight up to 5 kilogram.
- Indane offers superlative services to their sizable customers and if you experience any kind of issues in servicing, getting a new connection, refilling the cylinder, transfer of the connection within the city or outside and many more, all you need to do is get in touch with your distributor and submit your request.
- These functions can be attended to online as well. Your complaints too can be taken care of this way.
How to Get Indane Gas Connection
All citizens and resident Indians can apply for Indane Gas Connection online or offline. But yes, it is limited. That is, one household or family can only have one connection. It also participates in government schemes which allows you to get subsidies on the cylinders. If you wish to acquire Indane Gas Cylinder, you need to go through the Indane Gas Registration procedure as explained below. While following this process, you will also be required to submit certain documents to comply with KYC forms. You will also have to know the document that will be required to get the connection. To know more about how you can apply for and get a new Indane gas connection click here: Indane Gas New Connection
Indane Gas Registration Online:
- Go to the official website of Indane Gas (www.Indane.co.in).
- Now click on the option ‘Registration’, which is accessible for registering yourself on the online portal.
- Click on ‘Register Now’ and select a convenient day and time slot to submit the duly filled form.
- Once the form is submitted, you will receive an authentication link on your email. The first email mostly goes to spam folder, so don’t forget to check that along with your email inbox.
- Once you get the authentication link sent to you by the provider, click on it to verify.
- Now you have officially became a PTD customer.
- When consumer logs into his/her account, registration for Prime time shipping can be done in his/her profile.
Indane Gas Registration Offline:
Here’s a quick checklist for Online Indane Gas Registration:
- A valid Email ID.
- A lawful Telephone Number.
- A legal ID of a proximate supplier.
- Your household must not possess any LPG or PNG link.
Documents that are Required For Registration of Indane Gas Connection:
Duplicate copy of any of your photo and signature bearing National Identity Card such as:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voters ID
- Driving License or Passport
Duplicate copy of any National Identity Card (with your permanent address) such as:
- Aadhaar Card
- SSLC Certificate
- Rental/ Lease Agreement
- Ration Card or any of your most recent utility bills
Indane Gas Refill Booking Procedure
You can book for a gas refill through the following modes:
Indane Refill Booking Online:
- You can create a user id and password using your registered email id and use that to book the cylinder any time.
- This id can be used for all future bookings and the bill can be paid online using debit card, net banking or e-wallet.
Indane Gas Refill Booking through IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System):
IVRS is available in your local language (option 1), English (option 2) and Hindi (option 3).
- Once you pick your preferred language, you will be requested to punch in the phone number of your distributor along with the specific STD code.
- When the provider is identified appropriately, the System will guide you to enter the unique customer number.
- You must dial the numeric part of this number.
- You can refer your Consumer Number from your previous refill receipt.
- After giving the option for refilling, you will be sent an SMS regarding the same.
Indane Gas Refill Booking through SMS:
In case you are opting for the SMS feature for the first time,
- First Send SMS IOC < STD Code + Distributor's Phone Number > < Consumer Number > to given mobile number.
- For instance, if the Indane distributors (in Delhi) phone number is 26403829 and your unique customer number is QX00278C, SMS must be sent as follows: IOC 1126403829 QX00278C.
- For subsequent bookings, send SMS IOC to the given number.
- After you register your mobile number, you can use the same registration details for further bookings.
Indane Gas Refill Booking through Mobile App:
You can now reserve your Gas Refill Cylinder with Mobile App on Android and iphone. A variety of functions such as refilling, requesting for a second cylinder, filing a complaint, checking application status, applying for connection transfer and so on, can also be accomplished.
- The Mobile App is currently accessible for Android phone users in the Google play store and for iphones on Apple Store.
- Please go to play store, search and click on ‘Indane’. After downloading the app, you only have to follow given steps for activation by submitting the required details.
List of Forms for Indane Gas Connection
Applicants can book an Indane gas connection by providing the required documents. Booking can be done both online, as well as offline. Individuals will have to provide all the required documents, especially an Aadhaar card as only through this document can customers receive their subsidy through the DBT or Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme. There are specific forms available for individuals based on their requirements. These include a Declaration of Income for procuring LPG subsidy, Simplified KYC form, meant for those who do not have KYC documents, and so on. These forms can be downloaded in both Hindi and English by clicking here: Indane Gas Form
How to Transfer Indane Gas Connection
Sometimes you might want to shift your residence or location due to multiple reasons such as job transfer, or shifting houses. Here you can apply to transfer your existing gas connection to your new house rather than going through the whole process of applying for a new one. When you change home from one place to another, it would be a prudent step to start the process at least a week prior to intended shifting day to ensure that you get the connection as soon as you move in.
If such a circumstance arises, you can follow the following process to transfer:
There are three ways to get your Indane LPG Connection transferred:
- Transfer within the same distributor’s area
- Transfer Indane Gas Connection within the same Town
- Transfer Indane Gas Connection out of the Town
Transfer Indane Gas Within the Same Distributor’s Zone:
If it is the same distributor, your job is easier. All you need to do is to simply contact your nearest Indane Gas Supplier and notify them about your need for transfer.
You must give your old and new house address proof so that your zonal provider can alter your residential address in their registers for future deliveries.
Transfer Indane Gas Connection Within the Same Town:
If you wish to transfer your Indane gas connection within the same region or city:
- First Approach the nearest Indane office with your original Subscription Voucher (SV) and submit the same at the counter.
- As per your request, the supplier will start proceeding with your Transfer Termination Voucher (TTV) for your new house.
- Once you receive the TTV from the office, just submit your newest residential proof together with TTV and Domestic Gas Consumer Card (DGCC) book.
- Post submitting the required papers, the distributor will make a Transfer Subscription Voucher (TSV) against your previous TTV and also will give you a unique customer identification number.
- Additionally, every altered info will be reflected in your DGCC book.
- You shall take your existing domestic gas cylinder and pressure regulator to your new place.
- There is no requirement to give back your equipment as you have already paid for them when you bought your connection.
Transfer Indane Gas Connection Out of the Town:
In this scenario, you are expected to give back all equipment (gas cylinder, regulator etc.) to your closest Indane LPG Provider. You also need to submit your original SV or TSV (as per requirement) as well as your DGCC Booklet. To obtain the new residence address, the provider will make TV and also reimbursement of the money held against the equipment. Then you will be guided by your new Indane Distributor to take the transfer application procedure forward.
Documentation for Evidence of Address as well as Evidence of Identification for New Indane LPG Gas Connection:
- Utility Receipts (Electricity Bill or Telephone Bill)
- Ration Card
- Employer’s Certificate
- Flat allotment or possession letter
- House registration papers
- Voter’s Identity Card
- LIC policy
- PAN card issued by the Income Tax department
- Rent Receipt
- Aadhaar Letter
- Driving License
How to Request for Indane’s Mechanic Services?
When you are taking a new connection or replacing your hot plate, you can buy directly from Indane or buy any other ISI marked hot plate. If the hot plate bought from Indane and you are facing issues with it, you can contact Indane for mechanic services. Over time, a hot plate might develop issues related to performance and aesthetics. The mechanic services will take care of servicing, repairs, and replacements. In order to request for mechanic services, you will need to follow the mentioned steps below:
- Visit: https://indane.co.in/transparency/mechanic-service-request.php
- Register your request online by clicking on the link provided on the page
- Enter your Username and password
- Enter the image captcha to submit the request
- You will be redirected to a page that will allow you to request for mechanic services
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Indane)
There are 24 crore households in India. Out of this massive population, approximately 10 crore households do not have LPG connection for cooking purposes. In order to cook their daily meals they still depend upon wood and dung cakes as fuel. The smoke that comes out while cooking using wood and dung cakes is not good for health and causes respiratory problems for the children and women in such households. According to a report given by the World Health Organisation, inhaling unclean fuel smoke is equal to burning 400 cigarettes per hour.
- The PMUY (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) aims at safeguarding the health of children and women by offering clean cooking fuel.
- This step is taken so that the women and children of these households do not compromise on their health.
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was started by PM Narendra Modi on May 1st, 2016. The Yojana was introduced in Ballia, UP and later on it was started in Dahod, Gujarat. After this, the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was started in several states including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha and West Bengal.
- Under this particular scheme, 5 crore connection of LPG will be provided to the households that are below the poverty line.
- This will be provided along with a support of Rs.1,600 for each connection in the next three years. This step has been taken keeping women’s empowerment in mind.
- All the BPL (Below Poverty Line) families will be identified via the socio Economic Caste Census Data.