It has become compulsory for Indian citizens to link their Aadhaar Card to their LPG gas connection to receive the benefits of LPG subsidy offered by the Indian government. In case you are yet to link your Aadhaar Card to your LPG gas connection and need help with the same.
The first step to linking your Aadhaar Card to your LPG gas connection is to ensure that it is first linked to your bank account, after which your Aadhaar Card can be linked with your consumer number or LPG gas connection.
Link Aadhar Card to Bank Account for LPG Subsidy
An LPG cylinder is ubiquitous to the Indian way of life, with it almost impossible to imagine daily life without it. While this is the case in most cities and towns, a number of people in rural and tribal areas still use traditional fuel or “chulha” to cook, exposing them to health care risks. In a bid to bring such families under the ambit of LPG, the government launched a scheme wherein individuals who could afford the full price of a LPG cylinder gave up the subsidy on it, with this amount used for the benefit of the less fortunate.
Individuals who opt for the LPG subsidy will benefit under the PAHAL Scheme, wherein the LPG subsidy amount will be directly credited into their bank account. For this to happen, beneficiaries should ensure that their Aadhar card is linked to their bank account, which can be done either offline or online. The offline mode involves an individual approaching the bank and filling out relevant forms to complete the linking process, whereas the online mode permits linking through internet banking.
Check LPG Subsidy Amount Credited in Your Bank Account
Check below steps how the LPG subsidy amount is reflected in the bank account of registered individuals once they link their Aadhar details to their account.
- A permanent advance will be deposited into their bank account after they register for subsidy. This is a one-time payment and no such deposits will be made in the future.
- Individuals are entitled to a specific number of subsidized LPG cylinders in a year. On booking a cylinder, they will have to pay the market price for the cylinder.
- The subsidized amount i.e., the difference between the market rate and subsidized rate will be credited into their bank account.
- The permanent advance will be adjusted against any dues if an individual opts out of the scheme or if he/she decides to terminate a LPG connection.
While it is not mandatory to link the Aadhar card to a bank account to receive subsidy, it is recommended that it is done, for it avoids complications and ensures that customers aren’t burdened with additional costs.
Process to Link Aadhaar Card to LPG Connection - Bharat Gas, HP Gas or Indane
Linking Aadhar Card to LPG via Submission of Application to the Distributor
- Download subsidy forms from http://petroleum.nic.in or the official websites of Bharat Gas, HP Gas or Indane.
- Print out the form and enter the necessary information.
- Visit your nearest LPG distributor and furnish the duly filled in application.
- The application can also be dropped in the box at the office.
Linking Aadhaar Card to LPG via the Call Centre
Your Aadhaar Card can be linked to your LPG connection by simply calling the call centre at 18000-2333-555 and following the instructions provided by the operator.
Linking Aadhaar Card to LPG Connection through Post
To link your Aadhaar Card to your LPG connection via post, you will be needed to download the required Form from an official website and fill it in before submitting it along with the required enclosures to the address provided in the form.
Linking Aadhaar Card to LPG Connection through IVRS
Interactive Voice Response System, or IVRS, as it is called in its abbreviated form, is set up by every LPG company to offer customers some help in linking their Aadhaar Card to their LPG connection. Each district has a different IVRS and customers can attain the number for their particular district from the list provided by the company.
IVRS Linking for Customers of Indane
Indane customers can link their Aadhaar Cards to their LPG connection by simply visiting http://indane.co.in/sms_ivrs.php and finding out their District Number before calling the number and following the instructions offered by the operator.
IVRS Linking for Customers of Bharat Gas
Bharat Gas customers can link their Aadhaar Cards to their LPG connection by visiting www.ebharatgas.com/pages/Customer_Care/CC_IVRSInfo.html and scroll down till you find the IVRS number for your particular state, after which you can simply follow the instructions and complete the process.
IVRS Linking for Customers of HP Gas
HP Gas customers can link their Aadhaar Cards to their LPG connection by visiting www.hindustanpetroleum.com/hpanytime and finding the IVRS number for your particular state. You may then dial that number and follow the instructions provided by the operator and complete the process.
Linking Aadhaar Card to LPG Connection via SMS
Customers can now link their Aadhaar Cards to their LPG connection by sending an SMS. The first step is to register your mobile number with your LPG distributor and then just send an SMS from the registered number.
Linking Aadhaar Card to LPG Connection through the Online Route
Customers who wish to undertake the linking process without leaving the comfort of their homes can now link their Aadhaar cards to their LPG connection through the online method. Following is a comprehensive step-by-step guide that can help your complete the process with relative ease:
- Visit https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx and enter the requisite information.
- Choose the Benefit Type. Since you will be linking your Aadhaar Card to your LPG connection, you will have to choose “LPG”, following which you will have to mention the Scheme Name according to your LPG connection. The scheme names are as follows: “IOCL” for Indane connections, “BPCL” for Bharat Gas connections and “IOCL” for HP Gas.
- Choose the Distributor name from the list and enter your LPG consumer number.
- Enter your mobile number, email address, and your Aadhaar number before hitting the “Submit” key.
- Once the aforementioned steps are complete, your email id and mobile number will receive an OPT which must be entered into the page and submitted to complete the process.
Once your online request has been successfully registered, the details entered in the form will be verified by the concerned authorities. Your email id and mobile number will receive a confirmation of the linking once it has been successfully completed