Indian Oil Corporation Limited is the country's largest commercial enterprise specializing in fuels, petrochemicals and lubricants. In the 1970s, Indian Oil was a trailblazer in the introduction of Indane LPGs in India and eventually, contributed in a major way by taking clean, safe and efficient fuel in the form of LPGs across all Indian household. Indane Gas is now a very trusted brand known for safety, convenience and reliability.
Indane Gas now caters to the requirements of over 5.8 million customers across the country and every second LPG cooking gas connection is got in India which is Indane Gas. With over 45 Indane Area Offices, Indane Sales network is duly equipped to cater to needs of customers. One of the largest LPG Gas manufacturers in India, it comes as no surprise that the Indane distributors delivers over 1.20 million cylinders every day. Also, out of the 57.41 families who are Indane Gas customers, 27% are in rural and semi urban markets.
How to Book Indane Gas?
Indane Gas customers can book for a refill gas cylinder using the web portal, mobile app or through SMS and IVRS. Indane Gas has come up with multiple channels to raise a booking request for refill cylinder and customers can do Indane Gas Booking right from their homes without having to visit the dealer. However, for customers who prefer to do an Indane gas booking in person, they can do so by visiting their nearest dealer. Read on to find more about the channels available for booking Indane Gas.
Book Indane Gas Online
Customers can book an Indane Gas cylinder refill easily through the web portal. Just follow the steps given below to know more about how to book an Indane Gas cylinder online.
- To be able to book an Indane cylinder online, you should be a registered customer. If you are not registered, you can register online by providing details like consumer number, 17 digit LPG ID, PAN number, ration card number, mobile number and contact address.
- After you have registered, you can log on to the Indane Gas online portal using the password and user id provided to you,
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to book an Indane Gas Cylinder online easily. All you have to do is just enter the required details and submit the form to place an order.
- The order will be sent to the concerned distributor and you will able to pay to the distributor directly on delivery. Also, you will be able to track the status of your booking online.
Indane Gas Booking Through SMS
No active internet connection to book Indane LPG Online? No worries, you can book a refill LPG cylinder without any hassles using the SMS facility offered by Indane, Just follow the easy steps given below to book Indane Gas through SMS.
How to Register for Indane Gas SMS Service?
- If you are going to use the SMS facility for the first time, SMS the following to the IVRS number for your city -IOC to the IVRS number for your area.
- For example, if you are customer from Chennai and the distributor's phone number is 25022890 and the customer ID is AX00867C, SMS as given below - IOC 044 25022890 AX00867C
- For subsequent bookings, you can just SMS IOC to the concerned area number through the registered mobile number.
Indane Gas Online Booking Number - SMS/IVRS
|Andhra Pradesh||Vizag||98488 24365|
|Kaiwara Village||89700 24365|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||96691 24365|
|Kabisurya Nagar||90908 24365|
|Union Territories||Chandigarh||97813 24365|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||81240 24365|
|Uttar Pradesh||Noida||99115 54411|
|West Bengal||Amta||90883 24365|
Indane Gas Booking Through IVRS
For the benefit of LPG customers, Indane Gas has introduced IVRS system in three language options through which customers can request a LPG cylinder refill online. Indane IVRS has three language options - the corresponding local language, Hindi and English. The customer can opt for one language and after selecting the language options, follow the steps given to book an Indane Gas refill through IVRS.
- After the language code is selected, the customer will have to provide the STD code and the telephone number of the distributor. For example, a customer in chennai will have to give the STD code of 044 followed by the distributor number.
- Once the distributor is identified, the caller will have to provide the consumer number. The consumer will have to just provide the numerical part by excluding any alphabets. For example, if the customer ID is A12345, the customer must dial 12345.
- Customers can refer the last refill cash memo or contact the distributor directly to find out their consumer number.
- The IVR system will also ask the user to input suffix or prefix of the alphabets of two same numerical customer number exists with the same distributor.
- Once your customer number is validated by the IVRS, the system will ask for the option for booking a refill and other related services. You can choose from options like refill booking, enquiry of last booking and complaint.
- Once you have selected the option for booking refill, the request will be filed and and booking reference number will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
The Indane Gas IVRS number applicable for each area and state is the same as the numbers for SMS given above.
Indane Gas Booking using Mobile App
Indane LPG customers can book a cylinder without any hassles right from their smartphones. Indane Gas Mobile App works on both Android phones and iPhones and customers can download the app from Playstore for Android phones. Indane Gas Mobile App can be used to register a refill cylinder request, place a request for a second cylinder, log a complaint, to check the history of refill supplies and to surrender connection. Customers can also rate the distributor using the mobile app.
To request for a refill cylinder using Indane Gas Mobile App, the customer just has to enter the necessary details like consumer number, distributor details and contact information. Once all the details are submitted, the request will be registered.
Process to Transfer an Indane LPG Connection in Case of the Death of the Holder?
You can transfer the LPG connection to your name in case of the death of the holder only if you can submit documents proving you are the legal heir. You will have to submit the following documents:
- Declaration by legal heir.
- Copy of death certificate.
- Roof of address and proof of identity of legal heir.
- KYC of legal heir.
- Original subscription voucher in the name of the deceased.
On verification of the KYC and other documents, the LPG connection will be transferred in your name.
FAQs on Indane Gas
- What are the tariff rates for a standard Indane gas cylinder?
- What are the documents required to apply for a new Indane LPG connection?
The standard tariff rates for Indane gas cylinders would depend on the current price of LPG, and would also depend on whether the customer has applied for the LPG subsidy.
When applying for a new Indane LPG connection, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Proof of address documents- duplicate copy of either Aadhaar card/passport/voter ID card/driving licence/rent agreement/ration card/recent utility bills.
- Proof of identity- duplicate copy of either aadhaar card/passport/driving licence.
No, there is no need to buy a new hotplate/gas stove from Indane. A company representative will check if your existing gas stove/hotplate is safe for use with an Indane LPG cylinder. If it is not safe, you can choose to buy a new stove from Indane or elsewhere.
When receiving your cylinder refill, you should check the following:
- The safety cap should not have any cracks.
- The seal should be present.
- The safety cap should be removed and checked for any leakage.
- The cylinder should be connected to the gas stove and checked for any leakage.
You can find a list of Indane LPG distributors in your vicinity by checking the distributor addresses on the Indane website. A comprehensive list of distributors is provided based on geographical area.
An Indane LPG cylinder comes in 5 kg and 14.2 kg variants for domestic use. For industrial use, it is available in a 19 kg variant as well.
No, as per new directives from the Government of India, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar card to your LPG connection and to your bank account to continue receiving the LPG subsidy. The money will be transferred directly into your linked account.
Perfect Personal Loan Deals for you
News About Indane Gas Booking
LPG Coverage of 40% in Odisha
In Odisha, the LPG coverage has gone up to 43% at present from 20% in 2014. This happened after PMUY or Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched in India. G Swaminathan, the manager of IOCL stated that in June 2014, the LPG coverage stood at 20%. However it has increased by a great extent now. He added that the coverage increased from 31.9% on May 1, 2016. After the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched, 10,89,686 connections were given the women who fall under the poverty line. He also said that 1,73,276 people in Odisha surrendered the LPG subsidy.
Pritish Bharat, the General Manager of IOCL stated that all the oil marketing organisations are appointing new distributors for LPG so that they have distributors ready at all parts of the state. He added that 30 lakh connections will be offered in Odisha before 2019, as per the directions of Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
10th May 2017
Cooking Gas from Indane Can be Bought via Cashless Transactions
From 1st January, 2017 onwards, LPG from the Indane gas company can be bought through cashless transactions in Tamil Nadu. All LPG agents will be provided with a card-swiping machine, so that customers can make payments using debit cards or credit cards on home delivery. The gas company has placed an order for card-swiping machines with the banks. With the prevalent shortage of cash, post demonetisation, this is a welcome initiative taken by Indane Gas and the Tamil Nadu government.
27th December 2016
Indian Oil Corporation Launches Pre Booking Service At Gas Stations
The largest fuel retailer in India, Indian Oil Corporation has announced a series of new convenient features for its customers including an opportunity to pre book slots at a gas stations in order to avoid queues.Customers will be able to book a slot as they drive to the filling station through a technology platform.Once at the station, the vacant slot will be displayed and the driver will be guided towards it. Vehicles will be handed radio frequency identification (RFID) tags to be automatically identified and allowed payment.
29th July 2016
Muzaffarpur, Bihar, To Get Gas Via New Pipeline
The district of Muzaffarpur in Bihar is the site of the inauguration of the second pipeline that will feed the bottling plant for Indane. The new LPG pipeline that will come from Lucknow and is expected to be completed in the next 3 years. The entire length of the pipeline will extend from Haldia and end in Lucknow while passing through Barauni and Gorakhpur. In his address while inaugurating the new pipeline, Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas said that Bihar had the lowest penetration of LPG as compared to the rest of the country and that this move was just one step towards correcting this imbalance. While the country as a whole has covered about 60% of the residents when it comes to providing gas, Bihar has managed only about 32%. The new pipeline will also mean that the Indane plant, which used to supply to about 43 markets, will now be able to add 20 more markets through about 144 distributors.
11th June 2016