When shifting residence or transferring the LPG connection at Bharat Gas, you must keep the distributor updated on details like your new address and the name of the transferee as the case may be.
Procedure to Transfer Bharat Gas Connection
If you are moving to a new residence within the same city, the process is rather simple as explained by this step-by-step guide:
- Approach your current Bharat Gas distributor with your original Subscription Voucher (SV).
- The distributor will cross check your SV and consumer number with the details on record.
- If everything is in order, you will be issued a Transfer Advice (TA) which is valid for 3 months.
- Once you have shifted your residence, take the TA to the new distributor in your new area.
- Submit the TA and the distributor will issue you a new consumer number and make the necessary changes in the records.
It’s important to note that you need not surrender your current LPG cylinder or pressure regulator when moving to a new location in the same city.
If the change in residence is being made within the serviceable area of your current distributor, all that needs to be changed in the records is the official address of the customer, which means that you need to take your new proof of address and update the same with your distributor.
How to Transfer Bharat Gas LPG Connection to a New City
If you are moving to a new residence in a different city than the one in which you’re currently registered, follow these steps:
- Approach your current Bharat Gas distributor with your DGCC booklet, SV, LPG cylinder and pressure regulator.
- Surrender your LPG cylinder and pressure regulator along with the SV and the distributor will process a Termination Voucher (TV).
- The distributor will hand over your deposit amount along with the TV.
- Once you have shifted residence to a new city, approach the Bharat Gas distributor and submit the TV.
- The distributor will issue a new SV and consumer number, which will be updated in your DGCC booklet.
- The distributor will also issue you a new LPG cylinder and pressure regulator.
Bharat Gas Connection Transfer: Five Accepted Reasons
LPG connections can be transferred for any of 5 acceptable reasons as mentioned under:
The government has allowed LPG customers to transfer their LPG connections in the following cases:
Transfer of Bharat Gas Connection to a Family Member:
A family member is defined as either Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Brother or Sister. An ID proof and address proof document is required to be submitted to the Bharat Gas distributorship at the time of transfer. The declaration form has to be filled out and duly signed by bother the Transferor and the Transferee. This form should then be submitted to the distributor.
Transfer of Bharat Gas Connection Outside the Family:
A valid LPG connection held in the proper manner with all KYC documents in place can be transferred by a citizen to a person outside his or her family. An ID proof and address proof document must also be submitted at the time of transferring the connection for the distributor’s records and to maintain legality in the transaction. Both the Transferor and Transferee have to sign the declaration form.
Transfer of Bharat Gas Connection without Consent from the Transferor:
If a person holds an SV and equipment from a particular distributor but a letter of consent cannot be acquired from the Transferor for whatever reason, the connection can still be transferred. The Transferee need only fill out and duly sign the declaration form and submit the required ID and address proof.
Transfer of Bharat Gas Connection Due to the Death of the Connection Holder:
The next of kin/legal heir of an LPG consumer can have the connection transferred to his/her name in the unfortunate event of the death of the original connection holder. In order to transfer the connection on these grounds, a death certificate and KYC documents must be submitted to the distributor.
Regularization of LPG Connection:
This is the process to follow if the LPG connection had been held without a Subscription Voucher. In this case, a process needs to be followed which will regularize the LPG connection. A set of KYC documents needs to be filled out and submitted along with ID proof and address proof and a duly filled out declaration form.
Bharat Gas Connection Transfer Form
The government has made it possible to transfer the LPG connection and registration, and to do this a process must be followed which starts with filling out a form. The layout of the form is given below along with instructions on how to fill it up correctly:
FORMAT FOR TRANSFER OF DOMESTIC LPG CONNECTION
Name & Address of the Distributorship: <Here, fill out the name and address of your current Bharat Gas LPG distributor>
From: Name of the Transferor:
How to Change LPG Companies through Portability
The government has introduced the portability scheme in certain Indian cities and this scheme enables individuals to change their LPG supplier without having to undergo a lengthy process. This ensures that companies maintain the highest service standards and focus on customer satisfaction. In order to begin the portability process for Bharat Gas, log on to http://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/ChangeDistLanding.jsp