There are numerous LPG Distributors in India, public and private. And many of these providers have a large role in helping the citizens get good deals. In this day and age obtaining a gas connection has become quite a hassle-free process. Majority of these organizations are now endowed with their own official websites, which you can access and apply for a connection. Other functions too can be done the same way.
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is one of the premier government-owned service provider in the nation with Bharat gas as one of their top products and services. BPCL is committed towards serving the country by providing households with the essential resource, LPG. Currently the organization boasts of 7400 outlets peppered throughout India and serves over 2.5 crore consumers. Their ebharat gas is an online initiative of the firm to assist users to book gas cylinders online.
Services Provided By Bharat Gas:
Industrial Gas: Bharat gas is utilized in a variety of manufacturing applications such as glass making, steel making, pharmaceutical research, textile industry, poultry, refinery, dyes and many others.
Auto Gas: With CNG gas being utilized in driving the vehicles more and more, Bharat gas was one of the first and foremost company to deliver the required bulk of CNG to clients.
Piped Gas: Bharat gas has commenced distributing piped gas in metro cities in its attempt to revolutionize the LPG conveyance and make sure of round-the-clock supply of gas to families.
Bharat Gas New Connection
To be able to get a new gas connection from Bharat gas you will have to first register with the company. This is something that you will be able to done online as well. You can complete the entire registration procedure online as well as the good old fashioned offline way. In order to get the connection, you will have to follow a certain procedure and fulfill certain formalities like KYC requirements. You will also have to know and abide by the rules of Bharat Gas. If you need to know more about getting a new Bharat Gas connection, just click here: Bharat Gas New Connection
Online Bharat Gas Connection:
To avail a new gas connection from Bharat gas online, please go to the official website, www.ebharatgas.com/ebgas/pages/index.jsp. First you have to sign up on the website and make an online account using your email id. This is imperative as you are required to sign in to your account to make a booking for a new LPG connection. Fill up the online gas connection application form and get a print out. You will soon get a call from the agency. Once you get the call, please submit the application form and necessary papers to your nearest dealer. You can get your connection in less than a week.
Offline Bharat Gas Connection:
To avail a Bharat gas new connection offline, you can call at your closest approved Bharat gas supplier of your region and start the process of requesting a connection. After submitting the papers, you will get connection in less than five days.
Documentation Required for Bharat Gas Connection:
- To obtain a Bharat gas connection, you are requested to submit the required papers as listed below to the accredited Bharat gas dealer.
- ID Proofs: Duplicate copies of Driving License, Voters ID, Passport or PAN Card.
- Most recent utility receipts (Electricity, water or telephone bill).
- Employer’s Certificate.
- Flat allotment / possession letter (rent receipt).
- Ration card can also be used as an adequate proof to avail the connection.
- Aadhaar card is to be linked to the bank account.
List of Forms for Bharat Gas Connection
Applicants can book a Bharat gas connection both online as well as offline, by providing the required documents. Subsidies are available for everyone, although many who come from a higher economic strata have adhered to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s plea and have voluntarily given up their subsidy so that the benefit could reach those who require it more desperately. Individuals will have to provide necessary documents, especially an Aadhaar card as only through this document can customers receive their subsidy through the DBT or Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme. There are a few forms that applicants will have to fill up prior to availing a Bharat Gas Connection. There are numerous forms, based on the customer’s needs, which will have to be filled. Some of these include - the Ujjwala KYC Application Form which is meant for those who wish to avail a Bharat Gas subscription; Ujjwala KYC form for availing a loan, which is meant for those who cannot afford to pay for a gas connection and subsequent costs. Most of these forms can be downloaded in both Hindi and English by clicking here: Bharat Gas Online Form
Rules for Bharat LPG Gas Connection Transfer:
Connection transfer rules and guidelines differ depending on whether you are leaving the current supplier’s zone or moving to another city.
Transferring Connection Within City or Neighboring City:
- Submit your original Subscription Voucher (SV) to your prevalent provider and get a customer service voucher.
- Produce both these vouchers to your new distribution office for a new SV.
- You are not expected to give back the equipment (cylinder and regulator).
Bharat gas connection transfer rules and guidelines if shifting to another city:
- Notify your supplier that you wish to terminate your gas connection citing reason and ask for a termination voucher.
- As per the Bharat gas LPG connection transfer rules and guidelines, you are free to claim for reimbursement if you give in your old SV.
- If you submit the availed termination voucher to the Bharat gas dealer in your current city of residence, you will soon get your connection transferred.
Bharat Gas Booking Procedure
To initiate the procedure of Bharat gas booking, you should first register a gas connection in your name. And when the connection is presented, Bharat gas booking shall be done via different offline and online means.Online Gas Booking
- The e-Bharat gas online portal facilitates you to perform a booking in the comfort of your home. All you need to do is to go to the website, www.ebharatgas.com and login using the given username and password. If you are a first time user, you have to register yourself on the site.
- Go to the booking section and enter the details requested such as slotted day and time to deliver.
- Please note that you can put in a request to deliver only after 21 days of the preceding distribution.
Offline LPG Booking
- You may do Bharat gas LPG cylinder reservation via SMS service as well. To book using SMS means, you must register yourself on www.ebharatgas.com.
- Bharat gas cylinder can also be booked by dialing your Bharat gas booking agency and putting in a request directly.
- Aside from calling on the given Bharat gas booking phone number, you may also call at the Bharat gas distribution office directly and initiate a request for delivery.
Bharat Gas Subsidy
- You need a bank account to join the Government LPG Subsidy Scheme for Bharat Gas.
- Customers get a one time but lasting advance in their account before purchasing the first market rated LPG gas cylinder.
- Subsidy will be given based on the customer’s eligibility.
- Under this scheme cylinders are offered at subsidized amount with effect from November 2014 till December 2015.
- Market price for the coming three months. If combined within these three months (till May 2015) they receive their due subsidy.
- Gas cylinders at market rate with effect from May 2015, from the day of registering they get a one time permanent money up front and funding.
- If you have the Aadhaar card, you can select Option 1 and if you don’t have Aadhaar, click on Option 2 to join this subsidy scheme.
- Step 1: Link your unique Aadhaar Number with bank account through Form 1.
- Step 2: Link your Aadhaar Number and LPG Customer Number in one of the following ways:
- In Person: Submit Form 2 to the provider
- By Phone: Call to the customer care (1800-2333-555) to register your Aadhaar Number
- Online: www.rasf.uidai.gov.in. Click www.rasf.uidai.gov.in and follow the steps listed there
- Post: Send duly filled Form 2 alongside the necessary papers to the address mentioned in the Form 2
- IVRS & SMS: You can get the details and procedures from the website.
- Give in bank account details (account number, IFSC Code etc.). Please note that only some banks accepts this method. So if your bank doesn’t accept this, you have to open an account with the bank that does.
- In Person: Submit completed Form 4 to your gas distributor
- Web: Log in to www.MyLPG.in and type in your bank account details
- Submit your 17-Digit LPG Gas Consumer ID in Form 3 to your bank
Bharat Gas Connection Transfer
The LPG connection provided by Bharat Gas functions diverse commitments such as for household use, farming, vehicle, drug manufacture, ceramics industry and so on. The clients are required to undergo an explicit process for availing a Bharat gas connection. The circumstances differ while the consumer necessitates to have a relocation of LPG connection. If you are shifting from one city to another, the essential thing is to transfer the gas connection to a gas distributor close to your new house.
It is highly recommended that you initiate this connection transfer at least seven days before you shift from your old place as the processing itself can take a few days. The procedure stays the same if you are moving between towns, districts, cities and states.
Documentation Required for LPG Connection Transfer:
A proof for validating your new location is the primary documentation required (a rental agreement or utility bill in your name).
Steps in Transferring Bharat Gas connection
- Get in touch with the supplier with a transfer request on white paper and show the book and voucher.
- The provider can verify the previous papers and then reimburse if necessary.
- You should also take your domestic gas holder card to the dealer to get the transfer along with your current residential info.
- You can apply for the same via ebharat website too.
- The whole procedure will not take more than a week.
News About Bharat Gas Connection
Mobile Payment Application Launched by Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched BHIM, a new mobile payment application, at a Digi Dhan programme in New Delhi. BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. According to him, initiatives like DigiDhan Vyapar Yojana and Lucky Grahak Yojana are Christmas gifts for India. He mentioned that BHIM is named after Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar and transactions on this app can be made using fingerprint. The app is very secure and digitalise the economy further. He urged the citizens to make a minimum of 5 transactions per day using the app to promote cashless economy. He said that this app will empower the farmers, poor, tribal people and Dalits.
30th December 2016
Bharat Petroleum to Set up an Ethanol Plant in Bargarh District
Bharat Petroleum sets up a 2nd generation ethanol plant, an investment of Rs.900 crores in Odisha’s Bargarh district. According to Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan, the plant will use agricultural waste such as straw to generate energy. At the ‘Make in Odisha’ conclave in Bhubaneswar, he urged the state government to explore alternatives to traditional mining based industries in a bid to create jobs for 1.25 crore workforce.
Furthermore, he mentioned meeting the authorities of Paradip Port Trust, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative and Paradip Phosphates Limited for the purpose of anchoring industries around Indian Oil’s Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemicals Investment Region in Paradip. With IOCL investing Rs.35,000 crores for PCPIR project, he advised the state government to develop Paradip on lines of Jurong island of Singapore.
13th December 2016
Bharat Petroleum Making the Most of Demonetization
The central government’s move to demonetize and nullify the values of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 currency has sent the country into a frenzy.
However, one company that has seen a business opportunity amidst the chaos is the public sector oil marketing company, Bharat Petroleum (Bharat Gas).
The company, through its dealerships in Hyderabad, has been running radio campaign and is promoting new memberships for old Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes. This campaign is trying to reach out to people who are looking to make use of their devalued currency notes.
While Hindustan Petroleum and Indian Oil too are accepting old notes, BP has gone one step further and has used a local radio channel to publicise this opportunity.
The ad, which ends with, “We accept old Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes for new gas connections”, is expected to strike a chord with people looking for new LPG connections too.
With this the company is looking to catch up with HP and Indian Oil, which are the top 2 LPG providing firms in Hyderabad.
22nd November 2016
26 Percent Rise in Net Profit for Bharat Petroleum
BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited), the oil marketing company, reported a hike of 26 percent in its profits. A year ago, the profits stood at Rs.1,034.52 crore whereas this year, the present quarter, the profit has gone up to Rs.1305.18. The total in the quarter went up from Rs.53,272.73 crore (last year) to Rs.55,935 (this year) and the increase was by 4.9%.
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited’s crude throughput went up to 6.39 mmt (million metric tonnes) in this quarter from 5.96 million metric tonnes. Crude amount is the total quantity of petroleum that goes to the refinery before it gets processed. The sales growth as reported by the company increased by 5.68%. Last year, during the same period, the sales growth was 5.23%.
The consortium of Gail Gas Limited and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited has been authorized by the Petroleum Natural Gas Regulatory Board for expansion and operations in North Goa.
13th November 2016
BPCL to Raise $500 for Refinancing a Short Term Loan
As per media reports, Bharat Petroleum has plans to obtain $500 million from foreign sources or by issuing bonds for refinancing a previous loan. The amount so borrowed will be fully utilized on the short term loan BPCL had earlier taken to buy shares in Russian oil fields, Tass Yuryakh and Vankor. This report was also confirmed by a BPCL official who expects the fund raising to effect within a few weeks’ time. In cooperation with each other, IOCL, Oil India and BPCL will buy around 30 % and 24 % stakes in the Taas Yuryakh and Vankor oil fields respectively.
11th October 2016
Gas Production From Mozambique Gets Delayed For BPCL
The outset of gas production from Mozambique’s Rovuma Basin has constantly been getting delayed. Bharath Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) which is one of the members of the consortium, is planning to chalk out a new investment plan due to fall in gas prices. Bharat PetroResources has revealed that the gas production might begin only around 2020-21. According to the chairman and managing director S Varadarajan, the investment deal will be finalized only by early next year. BPCL has made an investment plan where they plan to spend Rs.100,000 over a period of next five years on all these operations. However according to a senior BPCL executive, the final decision regarding how much reduction to be done in the investments is yet to be taken. They are planning to keep the debt-to-equity ratio as 60:40.
23rd September 2016
Bharat Petroleum To Invests More In Oil And Gas Assets
The managing director of Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd has revealed that they are interested in buying more stakes in gas assets and oil which would in turn help them get more investment returns. They have already started investing in the Russian oilfields. This purchase has given the company a potential for instant revenues. The company has taken these steps to make it more self-sustainable. The company aims to continue looking at different markets to maintain a balanced status. Over the period of next 5 years, the company plans to invest about Rs.120 to Rs.200 billion rupees in these markets.
24th September 2016
Mumbai to Receive 1 Lakh LPG Connections for its Poor
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme is set to be launched in Mumbai. Under this scheme, 1 lakh connections are to be given out to people living below the poverty line. Speaking at a function organized by Bharat petroleum, the Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan said that the effort to provide the 1 Lakh connections will be jointly undertaken by Indane Gas, Bharat Gas and HP Gas oil marketing companies.
The PMUY scheme has a goal of achieving 100% LPG penetration and is an 8000 Crore scheme that aims to provide close to 5 Crore LPG connections to families residing below the poverty line.
20th August 2016
LPG Price Increased By Rs.1.93
Subsidised price of LPG was increased recently by Rs.1.93 for each cylinder. This was the second time when the price of cooking gas was increased in 1 month because the government is trying to cut down the subsidies by increasing LPG prices on a monthly basis. The cost of a subsidised 14.2 kg cylinder is Rs.423.09 in Delhi after the price increase. To eliminate subsidies, the government has permitted oil companies that are owned by the state to increase the price of kerosene by 25 paisa per litre every month for a period of 10 months. Non-subsidised LPG rates were reduced by the oil companies. Even the price of jet fuel or ATF (aviation turbine fuel) was reduced by 4.2%. The prices will be revised on the first day of every month.
1st August 2016
150 Years Old Firm Roped in By West Bengal to Supply Clean Cooking Gas in 2-3 Years
After the GCGSC or Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation has provided coal gas to the city and is planning to provide clean gas to hotels, households and even automobiles.
Individuals in West Bengal will receive piped cooking gas over the next couple of years as per an announcement by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
In the beginning, a gas pipe connection will be provided in Howrah, Hooghly and certain other districts. According to the Industry Minister of the state, Amit Mitra, many face issues with LPG cylinders. Although the Gas Authority of India had approached the state so as to take part in this process, the government went ahead with competitive bidding.
21st July 2016