There are numerous LPG Distributors in India, public and private. And many of these providers have a large role in helping the citizens get good deals. In this day and age obtaining a gas connection has become quite a hassle-free process. Majority of these organizations are now endowed with their own official websites, which you can access and apply for a connection. Other functions too can be done the same way.
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is one of the premier government-owned service provider in the nation with Bharat gas as one of their top products and services. BPCL is committed towards serving the country by providing households with the essential resource, LPG. Currently the organization boasts of 7400 outlets peppered throughout India and serves over 2.5 crore consumers. Their ebharat gas is an online initiative of the firm to assist users to book gas cylinders online.
Services Provided By Bharat Gas:
Industrial Gas: Bharat gas is utilized in a variety of manufacturing applications such as glass making, steel making, pharmaceutical research, textile industry, poultry, refinery, dyes and many others.
Auto Gas: With CNG gas being utilized in driving the vehicles more and more, Bharat gas was one of the first and foremost company to deliver the required bulk of CNG to clients.
Piped Gas: Bharat gas has commenced distributing piped gas in metro cities in its attempt to revolutionize the LPG conveyance and make sure of round-the-clock supply of gas to families.
Bharat Gas New Connection
To be able to get a new gas connection from Bharat gas you will have to first register with the company. This is something that you will be able to done online as well. You can complete the entire registration procedure online as well as the good old fashioned offline way. In order to get the connection, you will have to follow a certain procedure and fulfill certain formalities like KYC requirements. You will also have to know and abide by the rules of Bharat Gas. If you need to know more about getting a new Bharat Gas connection, just click here: Bharat Gas New Connection
Online Bharat Gas Connection:
To avail a new gas connection from Bharat gas online, please go to the official website, www.ebharatgas.com/ebgas/pages/index.jsp. First you have to sign up on the website and make an online account using your email id. This is imperative as you are required to sign in to your account to make a booking for a new LPG connection. Fill up the online gas connection application form and get a print out. You will soon get a call from the agency. Once you get the call, please submit the application form and necessary papers to your nearest dealer. You can get your connection in less than a week.
Offline Bharat Gas Connection:
To avail a Bharat gas new connection offline, you can call at your closest approved Bharat gas supplier of your region and start the process of requesting a connection. After submitting the papers, you will get connection in less than five days.
Documentation Required for Bharat Gas Connection:
- To obtain a Bharat gas connection, you are requested to submit the required papers as listed below to the accredited Bharat gas dealer.
- ID Proofs: Duplicate copies of Driving License, Voters ID, Passport or PAN Card.
- Most recent utility receipts (Electricity, water or telephone bill).
- Employer’s Certificate.
- Flat allotment / possession letter (rent receipt).
- Ration card can also be used as an adequate proof to avail the connection.
- Aadhaar card is to be linked to the bank account.
Rules for Bharat LPG Gas Connection Transfer:
Connection transfer rules and guidelines differ depending on whether you are leaving the current supplier’s zone or moving to another city.
Transferring Connection Within City or Neighboring City:
- Submit your original Subscription Voucher (SV) to your prevalent provider and get a customer service voucher.
- Produce both these vouchers to your new distribution office for a new SV.
- You are not expected to give back the equipment (cylinder and regulator).
Bharat gas connection transfer rules and guidelines if shifting to another city:
- Notify your supplier that you wish to terminate your gas connection citing reason and ask for a termination voucher.
- As per the Bharat gas LPG connection transfer rules and guidelines, you are free to claim for reimbursement if you give in your old SV.
- If you submit the availed termination voucher to the Bharat gas dealer in your current city of residence, you will soon get your connection transferred.
Bharat Gas Booking Procedure
To initiate the procedure of Bharat gas booking, you should first register a gas connection in your name. And when the connection is presented, Bharat gas booking shall be done via different offline and online means.Online Gas Booking
- The e-Bharat gas online portal facilitates you to perform a booking in the comfort of your home. All you need to do is to go to the website, www.ebharatgas.com and login using the given username and password. If you are a first time user, you have to register yourself on the site.
- Go to the booking section and enter the details requested such as slotted day and time to deliver.
- Please note that you can put in a request to deliver only after 21 days of the preceding distribution.
Offline LPG Booking
- You may do Bharat gas LPG cylinder reservation via SMS service as well. To book using SMS means, you must register yourself on www.ebharatgas.com.
- Bharat gas cylinder can also be booked by dialing your Bharat gas booking agency and putting in a request directly.
- Aside from calling on the given Bharat gas booking phone number, you may also call at the Bharat gas distribution office directly and initiate a request for delivery.
Bharat Gas Subsidy
- You need a bank account to join the Government LPG Subsidy Scheme for Bharat Gas.
- Customers get a one time but lasting advance in their account before purchasing the first market rated LPG gas cylinder.
- Subsidy will be given based on the customer’s eligibility.
- Under this scheme cylinders are offered at subsidized amount with effect from November 2014 till December 2015.
- Market price for the coming three months. If combined within these three months (till May 2015) they receive their due subsidy.
- Gas cylinders at market rate with effect from May 2015, from the day of registering they get a one time permanent money up front and funding.
- If you have the Aadhaar card, you can select Option 1 and if you don’t have Aadhaar, click on Option 2 to join this subsidy scheme.
- Step 1: Link your unique Aadhaar Number with bank account through Form 1.
- Step 2: Link your Aadhaar Number and LPG Customer Number in one of the following ways:
- In Person: Submit Form 2 to the provider
- By Phone: Call to the customer care (1800-2333-555) to register your Aadhaar Number
- Online: www.rasf.uidai.gov.in. Click www.rasf.uidai.gov.in and follow the steps listed there
- Post: Send duly filled Form 2 alongside the necessary papers to the address mentioned in the Form 2
- IVRS & SMS: You can get the details and procedures from the website.
- Give in bank account details (account number, IFSC Code etc.). Please note that only some banks accepts this method. So if your bank doesn’t accept this, you have to open an account with the bank that does.
- In Person: Submit completed Form 4 to your gas distributor
- Web: Log in to www.MyLPG.in and type in your bank account details
- Submit your 17-Digit LPG Gas Consumer ID in Form 3 to your bank
Bharat Gas Connection Transfer
The LPG connection provided by Bharat Gas functions diverse commitments such as for household use, farming, vehicle, drug manufacture, ceramics industry and so on. The clients are required to undergo an explicit process for availing a Bharat gas connection. The circumstances differ while the consumer necessitates to have a relocation of LPG connection. If you are shifting from one city to another, the essential thing is to transfer the gas connection to a gas distributor close to your new house.
It is highly recommended that you initiate this connection transfer at least seven days before you shift from your old place as the processing itself can take a few days. The procedure stays the same if you are moving between towns, districts, cities and states.
Documentation Required for LPG Connection Transfer:
A proof for validating your new location is the primary documentation required (a rental agreement or utility bill in your name).
Steps in Transferring Bharat Gas connection
- Get in touch with the supplier with a transfer request on white paper and show the book and voucher.
- The provider can verify the previous papers and then reimburse if necessary.
- You should also take your domestic gas holder card to the dealer to get the transfer along with your current residential info.
- You can apply for the same via ebharat website too.
- The whole procedure will not take more than a week.
News About Bharat Gas Connection
BPCL to Raise $500 for Refinancing a Short Term Loan
As per media reports, Bharat Petroleum has plans to obtain $500 million from foreign sources or by issuing bonds for refinancing a previous loan. The amount so borrowed will be fully utilized on the short term loan BPCL had earlier taken to buy shares in Russian oil fields, Tass Yuryakh and Vankor. This report was also confirmed by a BPCL official who expects the fund raising to effect within a few weeks’ time. In cooperation with each other, IOCL, Oil India and BPCL will buy around 30 % and 24 % stakes in the Taas Yuryakh and Vankor oil fields respectively.
11th October 2016
Gas Production From Mozambique Gets Delayed For BPCL
The outset of gas production from Mozambique’s Rovuma Basin has constantly been getting delayed. Bharath Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) which is one of the members of the consortium, is planning to chalk out a new investment plan due to fall in gas prices. Bharat PetroResources has revealed that the gas production might begin only around 2020-21. According to the chairman and managing director S Varadarajan, the investment deal will be finalized only by early next year. BPCL has made an investment plan where they plan to spend Rs.100,000 over a period of next five years on all these operations. However according to a senior BPCL executive, the final decision regarding how much reduction to be done in the investments is yet to be taken. They are planning to keep the debt-to-equity ratio as 60:40.
23rd September 2016
Bharat Petroleum To Invests More In Oil And Gas Assets
The managing director of Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd has revealed that they are interested in buying more stakes in gas assets and oil which would in turn help them get more investment returns. They have already started investing in the Russian oilfields. This purchase has given the company a potential for instant revenues. The company has taken these steps to make it more self-sustainable. The company aims to continue looking at different markets to maintain a balanced status. Over the period of next 5 years, the company plans to invest about Rs.120 to Rs.200 billion rupees in these markets.
24th September 2016
Mumbai to Receive 1 Lakh LPG Connections for its Poor
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme is set to be launched in Mumbai. Under this scheme, 1 lakh connections are to be given out to people living below the poverty line. Speaking at a function organized by Bharat petroleum, the Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan said that the effort to provide the 1 Lakh connections will be jointly undertaken by Indane Gas, Bharat Gas and HP Gas oil marketing companies.
The PMUY scheme has a goal of achieving 100% LPG penetration and is an 8000 Crore scheme that aims to provide close to 5 Crore LPG connections to families residing below the poverty line.
20th August 2016
LPG Price Increased By Rs.1.93
Subsidised price of LPG was increased recently by Rs.1.93 for each cylinder. This was the second time when the price of cooking gas was increased in 1 month because the government is trying to cut down the subsidies by increasing LPG prices on a monthly basis. The cost of a subsidised 14.2 kg cylinder is Rs.423.09 in Delhi after the price increase. To eliminate subsidies, the government has permitted oil companies that are owned by the state to increase the price of kerosene by 25 paisa per litre every month for a period of 10 months. Non-subsidised LPG rates were reduced by the oil companies. Even the price of jet fuel or ATF (aviation turbine fuel) was reduced by 4.2%. The prices will be revised on the first day of every month.
1st August 2016
150 Years Old Firm Roped in By West Bengal to Supply Clean Cooking Gas in 2-3 Years
After the GCGSC or Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation has provided coal gas to the city and is planning to provide clean gas to hotels, households and even automobiles.
Individuals in West Bengal will receive piped cooking gas over the next couple of years as per an announcement by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
In the beginning, a gas pipe connection will be provided in Howrah, Hooghly and certain other districts. According to the Industry Minister of the state, Amit Mitra, many face issues with LPG cylinders. Although the Gas Authority of India had approached the state so as to take part in this process, the government went ahead with competitive bidding.
21st July 2016
Oil Companies Get New Chiefs
The Bharat Petroleum Corporation has appointed a new Chairman, with Mr. D Rajkumar taking over. Oil India has also appointed a new Managing Director, with Mr.Utpal Bora set to oversee operations at the oil company.
Mr. Rajkumar is currently heading operations as the Managing Director at Bharat Petro Resources, which is a unit of BPCL focussing on production and oil exploration.
Mr. Bora is currently serving his term as the Executive Director at ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation).
Both officers have been appointed for a 5 year term, with Mr. Rajkumar set to take office in October 2016 at BPCL, one of the largest gas suppliers in the country.
11th July 2016
Harita Haram Drive Held at Bharat Gas LPG Plant in Hyderabad
The Telangana Government had launched the Harita Haram programme last year. As part of this programme, a special plantation drive was held at the Bharat Gas LPG Plant at Cherlapally in Hyderabad. The event was inaugurated by Sri Kishan Chintham, Director of factories, Telangana State, Sri S Jangaiah, Inspector of Factories, and Sri M Venkanna, Deputy Chief Inspector of Factories, Ranga Reddy. Saplings were planted to inaugurate the drive. Sri Kishan spoke on the importance of growing trees and the impact it will have on the environment and society. He spoke about the initiatives taken by the Government of Telangana. The drive resulted in 190 saplings being planted. Sri Kishan emphasized on the need to maintain the plants as well.
14th July 2016
BPCL May Receive a Re-Rating of Stock if Exxon-ENI Deal Goes Through
A delay in commissioning of its gas field in Mozambique along with reducing energy prices have resulted in a falling of the fair value of BPCL or Bharat Petroleum’s gas assets to low double digits. However, Bharat Petroleum’s assets overseas may receive a shot if Exxon Mobil procures a 25 percent stake in the Mozambique field from the Italian hydrocarbon company ENI for an estimated amount of $3 billion. In case this deal occurs, benchmark for a new valuation for assets in Mozambique will be set.
Prior to ExxonMobil’s plans to purchase stake, Rs. 35-65 per share was the value estimated by analysts for BPCL’s stake. But at current price, stock valuation may not be at par with this stake. Exxon may try to synergize the entire resource base resulting in simplified structure for operations.
27th May 2016