LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas is the most widely used cooking gas. A safe and environmentally friendly equivalent to wood or kerosene, LPG is now readily available through a comprehensive distributor network. The government of India also subsidizes the cost of a fixed number of cylinders every year, making it affordable for households to use LPG for their fuel needs.
Booking an LPG gas cylinder used to be a long and tedious process earlier, since the only way to do so was by visiting the LPG dealership in person. This was followed by an anxious wait as a cylinder would be dispatched based on its availability, with LPG cylinders going missing or not reaching the recipient on many occasions. All these woes are a thing of the past now, with the three national LPG suppliers - Bharat Gas, HP Gas and Indane Gas, making their services more consumer-friendly and transparent.
How to Book LPG Gas Online:
Booking an LPG cylinder can now be done from the comfort of your home at the click of a button. Indane Gas, HP Gas and Bharat Gas all have their own online LPG booking services, which enable customers to book an LPG cylinder refill without the hassle of calling or going to the gas dealership in person.
- Advantage of the online gas booking is that consumers can choose to pay via net-banking or credit card.
- Consumers who are at work and were unable to take delivery of their refill cylinders as they were not home to pay for the cylinders can now just pre-pay at the time of ordering the refill.
- Once the cylinder is delivered, the consumer will receive an SMS or email notification.
- This facility was introduced recently and has made booking a cylinder refill a more convenient process.
- To book a cylinder online, just visit the website of your LPG provider (HP, Bharat Gas or Indane) and register yourself.
- Once you have done so, you will see an option to book a refill online. Follow the instructions and make your payment online or cash on delivery.
Benefits of Gas Booking Online:
- No additional charges for booking online
- Safe and convenient method of booking an LPG refill
- No hassle of traveling to gas agency or constant follow-ups with the distributor
- Refill can be booked anytime, anywhere
- Easy payment method
- Delivery tracking service available
Gas Booking Through IVRS:
Customers can book a cylinder through the gas company's IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System).
- A consumer will simply have to call on the designated number for the particular region/state and follow the instructions to book a cylinder.
- The customer has to provide his/her customer ID after calling from the registered phone number.
- The order number and estimated delivery date will be communicated to the customer at the time of booking the cylinder, with the payment to be made on delivery.
Gas Booking Through SMS:
Customers can also choose to book their LPG refill cylinders through SMS.
- The customer will have to first register his/her mobile number with the gas provider, after which a particular format is to be followed when sending the SMS.
- The SMS would have to be sent to a particular number, which can be found on the specific gas company's website.
Gas Booking Through Mobile App:
Customers who own smart phones can download the app (for example, the Bharat gas mobile app) from platform like Google Play store and iTunes) and make their refill booking through there.
- The customer will first have to register on the mobile app by providing their mobile number, email address and entering the OTP which will be sent to their phone to authenticate the registration.
- Once the app registration is complete, it can be used to book a cylinder, which can be paid for online through credit/debit card as well as net-banking.
- The gas companies have introduced e-wallet payments for LPG cylinders.
- The app also contains information such as the booking history, customer ID and other details.
Gas Booking Through Agency:
Customers can also choose to book their refill cylinders by visiting the gas agency in person. They can book a cylinder by providing their customer number and can make the payment at the time or on delivery of the cylinder.
How to Refill an LPG Cylinder
Booking an LPG cylinder or gas refill booking can now be done in a number of ways.
- Consumers can book LPG cylinders online through the gas agency online booking website or by SMS.
- A cylinder can also be booked by calling the gas company (IVRS), as well as by visiting the gas agency that supplies the cylinders in your locality.
The three gas providers have moved with the times and made it possible to order a cylinder through a mobile application as well. Depending on the service provider, the consumer can download the app and book a cylinder, pay for it as well as manage their information, all from their smart phone.
- For all cylinders booked, the market value of the cylinder is to be paid on delivery.
- Those who have opted for subsidized cylinders will receive the subsidy amount directly in their bank accounts.
Check Payment Options for LPG Cylinder Refilling:
Accepted by Bharat Gas, HP Gas and Indane Gas, customers can use any of the below payment options when booking an LPG cylinder refill:
- Cash on delivery
- Through net-banking (for online booking or app booking)
- By credit or debit card (for online or app booking)
- By e-wallet (for online or app booking)
Major LPG Gas Booking Providers (State Run Companies)
HP Gas Booking
- When it comes to booking a new cylinder with HP, customers of the company have multiple options. They have a provided their customers with a 24/7 IVR service that can be used to book new cylinders.
- The cylinders can also be booked the good old way through the dealers however, the company also provides more convenient options like booking gas online or through SMS.
- The services of HP gas require you to be registered with them and there are certain steps that need to be followed when booking HP gas.
If you wish to know how you can use each of these services, you can read more about them here: HP Gas Booking
Bharat Gas Booking
When it comes time to replace an empty cylinder, the options provided by Bharat Gas really come across as convenient and user friendly. The reason for this is that when booking with Bharat Gas, customers get to choose one of four options.
- The first option is to log onto their website and book a cylinder
- The second option is to call a dedicated number which then takes the person through an IVR message that helps them book the gas.
- The third method that can be used is sending the gas company a specific SMS that will be be used to book a gas in your name.
- The last method is using a mobile application meant for smart phones.
To be able to use any of these methods, you will need to know how they work and that is exactly what you can learn here: Bharat Gas Booking
Indane Gas Booking
You already have a gas connection from Indane, but what happens when the cylinders run out? The simple answer is that you book a new one and what's even better is that Indane allows new cylinders to be booked online or offline. Of course,
- This facility is available only to registered customers.
- To make the process even simpler, Indane gas booking can be either done over the phone using an IVR service or through their website, where customers can log into their accounts and book cylinders.
- The cylinders can even be booked using an application that works with smart phones.
To be able to ensure that you are able to book your gas without any problems you can follow the steps click here: Indane Gas Booking
List of Forms for Indane Gas, Bharat Gas and HP Gas Connection
LPG connections have revolutionized the usage of fuel in every Indian household. Customers have the option of procuring LPG gas connections from either Indane Gas, Bharat Gas or HP Gas providers. Applicants will have to visit the nearest dealer with the necessary documents, such as proof of age and proof of address in order to procure an LPG connection from any of the above providers. However, in addition to KYC documents, applicants will also have to fill in and submit certain forms, based on their requirement.
For example, if they wish to avail a gas subscription for the first time, then they will have to download the Ujjwala KYC Application form, fill in the details and submit it. Similarly, if individuals do not have KYC documents, they will have to procure, fill and submit the Simplified KYC form. There are a number of other documents that are available for customers, based on their requirements. Most of the documents can be downloaded in both Hindi and English, by clicking here.
|Indane Gas Form||Bharat Gas Form||HP Gas Form|
Why Use LPG?
There is no doubt that there are some distinct advantages that you can take advantage of if you switch to LPG at home.
The advantages such that some states in the country have gone on a drive to ensure that every household in the state has access to LPG and are arming themselves with grants from the state and central government to help with this transition. Some states are identifying houses where there is no LPG and offering them connections, stoves and the first cylinder for free. We even keep hearing about how the government has announced various subsidies for specific income groups, on each cylinder of LPG that they buy.
So now the question really becomes, What is so great about LPG? The answer is that not only is the fuel cheaper and cleaner than things like kerosene and wood, it is also usable as fuel for cooking and fuel for vehicles. It also comes with the advantage of easy storage and more efficient combustion. However these are not the only advantages to using LPG.
Read on to find more about Benefits and Advantages of LPG Gas Connection
News About Gas Booking
Supreme Court Ruled Out That Bottling LPG For Domestic Use In The Form Of A Cylinder Will Attract Income Tax
According to the Supreme Court of India, bottling LPG gas into cylinders leads to production of a good and will be liable for income tax deductions. They stated that this process is an activity that amounts to “Production” and “Manufacturing” and thus income tax deductions are applicable.
The Apex Court also agreed to this after various high courts have expressed their views. The Court also further stated that to produce an LPG cylinder for domestic use it goes through complex technical process. Thus, it is clear that it falls under the production and manufacturing sector.
9th August 2017
Consumers Pay More For Domestic Cylinders and Less For Commercial Ones
As per the new GST (Good and Service Tax) rule which was implemented in India on 01 July 2017, the price of domestic cylinders have gone up by about Rs.32, depending on the state that one resides in. Please be aware that domestic LPG connections/gas booking fall under the GST 5% tax bracket under the GST rule. However, on the other hand, as promised by the Finance Ministry, commercial LPG booking will now cost less. Prior to the implementation of the GST rule, the auto LPG was about 12-15% higher. The new GST rule has reduced the price of auto LPG by 5%.
19th July 2017
Beware LPG Consumers! You May Have To Pay Tax For Gas Refills
The implemented of the GST have caused quite a chaos among the people in India. People are very eager to know how the price change will affect them. As per the GST rule, people in Tamil Nadu will also have to pay taxes on the price of gas refills going forward. Starting from the month of July, apart from monthly rate for gas refills, GST of 5% will be levied on every gas refill purchased. All consumers will land up paying Rs.574.50 per gas refill as per the new rule. For many years, Tamil Nadu enjoyed cheaper price on gas refills as the former Chief Minister, Jayalalitha has waived the VAT and excise duty paid on domestic cylinders for her state. However, Tamil Nadu joins the rest of the country in this case from now on.
6th July 2017
Now, Book LPG through Whatsapp
People will soon be able to book LPG cylinders on their mobile phones using Whatsapp. This is a new initiative that will soon be launched across the country to make the process of booking gas connections hassle-free and user-friendly.
This move will first be launched in Uttar Pradesh and then will be introduced in other states in a phased manner. All gas agencies are working on incorporating this change as per information received from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry.
The government has received good response from the public for this initiative.
8th June 2017
Now, Book LPG through Whatsapp
Those who want to book an LPG refill can do so through Whatsapp without any hassles, according to sources from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry.
There will be pilot tests held in many areas in Uttar Pradesh to implement this project. To book a cylinder through Whatsapp the customer will have to provide their customer number and the booking will be confirmed. The move has received positive response so far.
5th June 2017
LPG Cylinders for Rural Women
Gas stoves and LPG cylinders were distributed to women under the Ujjala Yojana scheme in rural areas of Shahpura Mandal under Bargi Assembly.
MP Rakesh Singh distributed the cylinders to the beneficiaries and visited as many as 13 village panchayats in Shahpura Mandal. The MP also said that development works will be taken up for Rs 30 lakh in the village panchayats.,
The Union government distributing stoves and LPG cylinders under Ujjala Yojana to help women take care of their health. A majority of women use firewood to cook, which causes health problems.
6th May 2017
Oil Marketing Companies to Spend Rs.20,000 Crores on LPG Business
The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) in India (Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum, and Hindustan Petroleum) are planning to invest Rs.20,000 crores on LPG business. The OMCs have taken this decision to meet the rising demand for LPG in the country. The OMCs have plans for setting up terminals for LPG imports, building bottling plants, and laying LPG pipelines that will support the supply of LPG throughout the nation. The OMCs have noticed the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana cooking gas distribution program to be one of the contributing factors for the surge in demand. The infrastructure is determined to be functional by 2020. The OMCs have not commented anything on the plan or progress so far.
4th May 2017
Goa Government Plans to Make the State Kerosene Free
The Goa government is planning to make the state free of kerosene. To achieve this goal, the government in its Budget proposed that it would provide LPG gas connections to 12,863 families that are still using kerosene for domestic purposes. The Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the state is providing SKO kerosene at a subsidised rate to the non-LPG families. The government has decided to install CCTV cameras in all the Civil Supplies taluka godowns to prevent thefts.
26th March 2017
On Online Payment for LPG Cylinder, Discount of Rs.5 Can Be Availed
Cooking gas customers can procure a discount of Rs.5 on every refill that is booked for and paid online. Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil and Hindustan Petroleum have started to offer a price discount to cooking gas customers said the Oil Ministry in a statement. Customers can pay for the same through credit cards, debit cards or net banking at the time of booking online. The discounted amount will be displayed on the customer’s screens as well as the cash memo that accompanies the cylinder.
There are around 21 crore cooking gas consumers in India and a majority of them pay by cash as of now. According to sources, this incentive will encourage individuals to procure LPG through online methods and opt for cashless transactions. State Oil companies are also offering 0.75% discount on the purchase of diesel and petrol to individuals to pay digitally. These efforts are being made keeping in mind PM Modi’s emphasis on cashless transactions.
12th January 2017
Pay for LPG via e-wallets
Post demonetisation, the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry has asked LPG distributors to provide cashless payment facility for consumers via e-wallet. The ministry has engaged several e-wallet companies such as Airtel Money, Paytm, Razorpay, and Mobikwik for this reason. Earlier, consumers could make online payments for booking LPG cylinders. Now, the ministry has added e-wallet payment to make it easier for the consumers. LPG agents and delivery persons will be trained in the usage of e-wallet payment, and card swipe machines.
30th December 2016