LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas is the most widely used cooking gas. A safe and environmentally friendly equivalent to wood or kerosene, LPG is now readily available through a comprehensive distributor network. The government of India also subsidizes the cost of a fixed number of cylinders every year, making it affordable for households to use LPG for their fuel needs.
Booking an LPG gas cylinder used to be a long and tedious process earlier, since the only way to do so was by visiting the LPG dealership in person. This was followed by an anxious wait as a cylinder would be dispatched based on its availability, with LPG cylinders going missing or not reaching the recipient on many occasions. All these woes are a thing of the past now, with the three national LPG suppliers - Bharat Gas, HP Gas and Indane Gas, making their services more consumer-friendly and transparent.
How to Book LPG Gas Online:
Booking an LPG cylinder can now be done from the comfort of your home at the click of a button. Indane Gas, HP Gas and Bharat Gas all have their own online LPG booking services, which enable customers to book an LPG cylinder refill without the hassle of calling or going to the gas dealership in person.
- Advantage of the online gas booking is that consumers can choose to pay via net-banking or credit card.
- Consumers who are at work and were unable to take delivery of their refill cylinders as they were not home to pay for the cylinders can now just pre-pay at the time of ordering the refill.
- Once the cylinder is delivered, the consumer will receive an SMS or email notification.
- This facility was introduced recently and has made booking a cylinder refill a more convenient process.
- To book a cylinder online, just visit the website of your LPG provider (HP, Bharat Gas or Indane) and register yourself.
- Once you have done so, you will see an option to book a refill online. Follow the instructions and make your payment online or cash on delivery.
Benefits of Gas Booking Online:
- No additional charges for booking online
- Safe and convenient method of booking an LPG refill
- No hassle of traveling to gas agency or constant follow-ups with the distributor
- Refill can be booked anytime, anywhere
- Easy payment method
- Delivery tracking service available
Gas Booking Through IVRS:
Customers can book a cylinder through the gas company's IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System).
- A consumer will simply have to call on the designated number for the particular region/state and follow the instructions to book a cylinder.
- The customer has to provide his/her customer ID after calling from the registered phone number.
- The order number and estimated delivery date will be communicated to the customer at the time of booking the cylinder, with the payment to be made on delivery.
Gas Booking Through SMS:
Customers can also choose to book their LPG refill cylinders through SMS.
- The customer will have to first register his/her mobile number with the gas provider, after which a particular format is to be followed when sending the SMS.
- The SMS would have to be sent to a particular number, which can be found on the specific gas company's website.
Gas Booking Through Mobile App:
Customers who own smart phones can download the app (for example, the Bharat gas mobile app) from platform like Google Play store and iTunes) and make their refill booking through there.
- The customer will first have to register on the mobile app by providing their mobile number, email address and entering the OTP which will be sent to their phone to authenticate the registration.
- Once the app registration is complete, it can be used to book a cylinder, which can be paid for online through credit/debit card as well as net-banking.
- The gas companies have introduced e-wallet payments for LPG cylinders.
- The app also contains information such as the booking history, customer ID and other details.
Gas Booking Through Agency:
Customers can also choose to book their refill cylinders by visiting the gas agency in person. They can book a cylinder by providing their customer number and can make the payment at the time or on delivery of the cylinder.
How to Refill an LPG Cylinder
Booking an LPG cylinder or gas refill booking can now be done in a number of ways.
- Consumers can book LPG cylinders online through the gas agency online booking website or by SMS.
- A cylinder can also be booked by calling the gas company (IVRS), as well as by visiting the gas agency that supplies the cylinders in your locality.
The three gas providers have moved with the times and made it possible to order a cylinder through a mobile application as well. Depending on the service provider, the consumer can download the app and book a cylinder, pay for it as well as manage their information, all from their smart phone.
- For all cylinders booked, the market value of the cylinder is to be paid on delivery.
- Those who have opted for subsidized cylinders will receive the subsidy amount directly in their bank accounts.
Check Payment Options for LPG Cylinder Refilling:
Accepted by Bharat Gas, HP Gas and Indane Gas, customers can use any of the below payment options when booking an LPG cylinder refill:
- Cash on delivery
- Through net-banking (for online booking or app booking)
- By credit or debit card (for online or app booking)
- By e-wallet (for online or app booking)
Major LPG Gas Booking Providers (State Run Companies)
HP Gas Booking
- When it comes to booking a new cylinder with HP, customers of the company have multiple options. They have a provided their customers with a 24/7 IVR service that can be used to book new cylinders.
- The cylinders can also be booked the good old way through the dealers however, the company also provides more convenient options like booking gas online or through SMS.
- The services of HP gas require you to be registered with them and there are certain steps that need to be followed when booking HP gas.
If you wish to know how you can use each of these services, you can read more about them here: HP Gas Booking
Bharat Gas Booking
When it comes time to replace an empty cylinder, the options provided by Bharat Gas really come across as convenient and user friendly. The reason for this is that when booking with Bharat Gas, customers get to choose one of four options.
- The first option is to log onto their website and book a cylinder
- The second option is to call a dedicated number which then takes the person through an IVR message that helps them book the gas.
- The third method that can be used is sending the gas company a specific SMS that will be be used to book a gas in your name.
- The last method is using a mobile application meant for smart phones.
To be able to use any of these methods, you will need to know how they work and that is exactly what you can learn here: Bharat Gas Booking
Indane Gas Booking
You already have a gas connection from Indane, but what happens when the cylinders run out? The simple answer is that you book a new one and what's even better is that Indane allows new cylinders to be booked online or offline. Of course,
- This facility is available only to registered customers.
- To make the process even simpler, Indane gas booking can be either done over the phone using an IVR service or through their website, where customers can log into their accounts and book cylinders.
- The cylinders can even be booked using an application that works with smart phones.
To be able to ensure that you are able to book your gas without any problems you can follow the steps click here: Indane Gas Booking
List of Forms for Indane Gas, Bharat Gas and HP Gas Connection
LPG connections have revolutionized the usage of fuel in every Indian household. Customers have the option of procuring LPG gas connections from either Indane Gas, Bharat Gas or HP Gas providers. Applicants will have to visit the nearest dealer with the necessary documents, such as proof of age and proof of address in order to procure an LPG connection from any of the above providers. However, in addition to KYC documents, applicants will also have to fill in and submit certain forms, based on their requirement.
For example, if they wish to avail a gas subscription for the first time, then they will have to download the Ujjwala KYC Application form, fill in the details and submit it. Similarly, if individuals do not have KYC documents, they will have to procure, fill and submit the Simplified KYC form. There are a number of other documents that are available for customers, based on their requirements. Most of the documents can be downloaded in both Hindi and English, by clicking here.
|Indane Gas Form||Bharat Gas Form||HP Gas Form|
Why Use LPG?
There is no doubt that there are some distinct advantages that you can take advantage of if you switch to LPG at home.
The advantages such that some states in the country have gone on a drive to ensure that every household in the state has access to LPG and are arming themselves with grants from the state and central government to help with this transition. Some states are identifying houses where there is no LPG and offering them connections, stoves and the first cylinder for free. We even keep hearing about how the government has announced various subsidies for specific income groups, on each cylinder of LPG that they buy.
So now the question really becomes, What is so great about LPG? The answer is that not only is the fuel cheaper and cleaner than things like kerosene and wood, it is also usable as fuel for cooking and fuel for vehicles. It also comes with the advantage of easy storage and more efficient combustion. However these are not the only advantages to using LPG.
Read on to find more about Benefits and Advantages of LPG Gas Connection