Indane LPG connection details must be kept up to date when you, the customer, shift your residence. Your new address details must be communicated to Indane Gas through your chosen distributor by submitting a legally recognized proof of address. This is to ensure that no one has more than one LPG connection to their name or address, to make certain that everyone has equal access to LPG facilities.
Procedure to Transfer Indane Gas Connection within City
If you are shifting your residence to another location in the same city, follow these steps:
- Go to your current Indane distributor with your SV (Subscription Voucher) which you received when you initially took on the connection.
- Inform the distributor that you will be shifting your residence, and submit the SV.
- The Indane distributor will give you a Transfer Termination Voucher (TTV) containing your new address. This document serves as an official record that you have shifted your address and fulfilled your legal obligation of informing your LPG supplier.
- Next, you will have to take your TTV, DGCC booklet and new proof of address to the new Indane LPG supplier in your new are of residence.
- The new distributor will process your TTV into a new Transfer Subscription Voucher (TSV) and will also generate a new consumer number, which you will have to use for all future LPG related activities.
- The updated details of your new address and consumer number will be updated in your DGCC booklet.
It’s important to note that if you are shifting your residence within the same city but do not need to shift your distributor, all you need to do is update your KYC at the current distributor to reflect the change in address as your new address.
You can use the same cylinder and pressure regulator that you were given at the time of registering your first connection.
How to Transfer Indane Gas Connection to a Different City
If you are shifting your residence to a new location in a different city than the one in which you are currently registered, follow these steps:
- Gather your SV (or TSV), DGCC booklet, gas cylinder and pressure regulator and take all these items to the Indane distributor that currently services your consumer number.
- Surrender all these items at the distributor and state your reason as shifting out of the city.
- The distributor will collect and log these items, and prepare for you a Termination Voucher (TV) and refund the deposit you had paid at the time of taking the connection.
- The service agent at the distributorship will update you about the location of the nearest Indane distributor in your new city.
- Take your TV to the new Indane distributor and submit it in exchange for a new SV and new consumer number which will have to be used for continuing your LPG refilling services.
- The new distributor will assign a new cylinder and pressure regulator to you under your new consumer number and services will resume as usual.
Indane Gas Transfer: Five Accepted Reasons
The government has allowed LPG customers to transfer their LPG connections in the following cases:
Transfer Indane Gas Connection to a Family Member:
A family member is defined as either Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Brother or Sister. An ID proof and address proof document is required to be submitted to the Indane Gas distributorship at the time of transfer. The declaration form has to be filled out and duly signed by both the the Transferor and the Transferee. This form should then be submitted to the distributor.
Transfer Indane Gas Connection to Outside of the Family:
A valid LPG connection held in the proper manner with all KYC documents in place can be transferred by a citizen to a person outside his or her family. An ID proof and address proof document must also be submitted at the time of transferring the connection for the distributor’s records and to maintain legality in the transaction. Both the Transferor and Transferee have to sign the declaration form.
Transfer of Connection without Consent from the Transferor:
If a person holds an SV and equipment from a particular distributor but a letter of consent cannot be acquired from the Transferor for whatever reason, the connection can still be transferred. The Transferee need only fill out and duly sign the declaration form and submit the required ID and address proof.
Transfer of Connection Due to the Death of the Connection Holder:
The next of kin/legal heir of an LPG consumer can have the connection transferred to his/her name in the unfortunate event of the death of the original connection holder. In order to transfer the connection on these grounds, a death certificate and KYC documents must be submitted to the distributor.
Regularization of LPG Connection:
This is the process to follow if the LPG connection had been held without a Subscription Voucher. In this case, a process needs to be followed which will regularize the LPG connection. A set of KYC documents needs to be filled out and submitted along with ID proof and address proof and a duly filled out declaration form.
Indane Gas Connection Transfer Form
Given below is the existing format and stet by step instructions for the Indane Gas Connection Transfer Form:
FORMAT FOR TRANSFER OF DOMESTIC LPG CONNECTION
Name & Address of the Distributorship: <Here, fill out the name and address of your current Indane LPG distributor>
From: Name of the Transferor:
LPG Portability from Indane Gas
In order to shift your connection between suppliers, Indane has a webpage dedicated to helping customers go through the process of portability. The webpage can be found at this address https://indane.co.in/change_distributor_info.php