You can check the status of your application online in a few quick steps. You will need the following information:
- Passport file number (15-digit number provided after submitting your passport application)
- Date of birth
Procedure to Check Passport Status Online:
- Visit the official passport website and select the ‘Track Your Application Status’ tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select the type of application from among the options listed.
- Enter the 15-digit file number and your date of birth in the format prescribed and click on ‘Track Status’. The current status of your application will be displayed onscreen.
mPassport Seva App Tracking
You can also track the status of your application through the mPassport Seva app. Available for download on Android and iOS platforms, you can access real-time updates on your application status after registering on the app. You will need the following details to access this information:
- Application file number
- Date of birth
How to track Passport Application Status Offline
You can track your passport application status offline through the following methods:
- National Call Centre: Call the National Call Centre’s toll-free number at 18002581800 and speak to a Citizen Service Executive from 8:00 am to 10 pm to receive updates on your application status. The Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVRS) facility, available 24/7, can also be used during non-working hours.
- Through SMS: Send the following SMS from your registered mobile number (the one listed on your passport application form) for updates on your application status: STATUS FILE NUMBER to 9704100100
Please note: The SMS service is a paid service to be opted for at the time of submitting your application form.
- Through Helpdesk: You can also visit Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or contact them by email for updates on your passport application status.