An official document provided by the Government of India, a passport allows citizens to travel to and from various foreign countries under the country's protection. A passport is also a proof of identity and address. A passport can be procured online as well as through the Passport Seva Kendra which is available in various locations throughout the country.
A passport contains numerous details of the person such as their name, age, marital status, address and so on. Although the details are based on what is filled in the application form for a passport, there are discrepancies at times. In other situations, certain details will have to be changed such as the surname of the woman after marriage, removal of a name post-divorce and so on. The following steps illustrate the steps required to add the name of a spouse after marriage.
- In case an applicant wishes to add their spouse's name after marriage, he/she will have 'Re-Apply' for a passport and download Form No. II for Miscellaneous services either through the Passport Seva Kendra or online.
- This completely filled form will have to be submitted along with the following documents -
- The original passport along with attested copy of the first two and last two pages
- Attested copy of Marriage Certificate along with joint affidavit from the couple along with joint photograph.
- Address proof
- The above should be submitted either online or to the Passport Seva Kendra after having taken an appointment or online.
- After the necessary changes are made, the new passport will be sent to the applicant directly.