An official document provided by the Government of India, a passport allows citizens to travel to and from various foreign countries under the country’s protection. A passport is also a proof of identity and address. A passport can be procured online as well as through the Passport Seva Kendra which is available in various locations throughout the country.
A passport contains numerous details of the person such as their name, age, marital status, address and so on. Although the details are based on what is filled in the application form for a passport, there are discrepancies at times. In other situations, certain details will have to be changed such as the surname of the woman after marriage, removal of a name post-divorce and so on. The following steps illustrate the steps required to add the name of a spouse after marriage.
- In case an applicant wishes to add their spouse’s name after marriage, he/she will have ‘Re-Apply’ for a passport and download Form No. II for Miscellaneous services either through the Passport Seva Kendra or online.
- This completely filled form will have to be submitted along with the following documents -
- The original passport along with attested copy of the first two and last two pages
- Attested copy of Marriage Certificate along with joint affidavit from the couple along with joint photograph.
- Address proof
- The above should be submitted either online or to the Passport Seva Kendra after having taken an appointment or online.
- After the necessary changes are made, the new passport will be sent to the applicant directly.
Read More Related Articles
- How to Change Name in Passport after Divorce
- How To Change Name in Passport After Marriage
- How To Change Middle Name/Surname in Passport
- How to apply for minor passport without the spouse’s name endorsed in it?
- How to Change Date of Birth in Passport ?
- How to Make Passport for Newborn in India ?
News About How to Add Spouse Name in Passport After Marriage
MEA initiates student connect in Jalandhar
MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) has initiated passport services for the students under PSP (Passport Seva Project). This programme is known as the student connect programme. The offices are accepting applications from all the students who are part of different educational institutions.
According to Harmanbir Singh Gill, Regional Passport Officer (RPO), the aim of this student connect programme is to prepare the students who are all set for global exposure. He added that they have been encouraging the students to apply for this simple and hassle free way of applying for passports. December 30, 2016 has been decided as the last date to apply for passports under the student connect scheme.
The passport offices accept attested photocopies of education certificate. Usually passport office need the original document. However, they have realized that it becomes difficult for the students to produce original documents at the passport office at the time of admission to educational institutions.
1st December 2016
Card Acceptance Infrastructure to be Aadhaar enabled with Biometric Authentication
In a notification from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), all new card acceptance infrastructure will now need to have an Aadhaar-based biometric authentication system for processing payment transactions, this new infrastructure should be in place by 1st January 2017. The RBI had issued a similar notice in November 2013, but it opposed by the banks as it would cost them more to install these machines in comparison to the present models that are being installed. Also, there was an uncertainty about the acceptance of Aadhar for authentication of payments. Initially, proper legal framework was not available for Aadhar but that was rectified once the Adhaar Act was passed by the government in March.
26th October 2016