With the coming in of the internet, everything has gone digital, including the procurement of official documents. Applicants can now apply for all their important documents online, such as Driving License, Passport, Voter ID and so on. A Passport is a mandatory document that individuals who wish to travel outside the country require. A Passport is an official document provided by the Government to its citizens allowing them to travel outside under the native country’s protection.
Applicants in India can now passport online application by visiting the official website of the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). They will have to fill in the necessary forms and upload them online along with valid ID and address proof and Affidavit in the form of Annexure-I. Once these documents are submitted, applicants will have to select a convenient date and time for their appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra from one of the available slots. However, in case an individual has already chosen a date and time for appointment but wishes to cancel it for various reasons, he/she will have to follow the steps given below.
Steps To Reschedule/Cancel Appointment Online
- Individuals will have to visit the official website of the Passport Seva Kendra and log in using their credentials.
- They will then have to click on the tab titled ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ and choose the option titled ‘Schedule Appointment’.
- Two options will be available on this page - ‘Reschedule Appointment’ and ‘Cancel Appointment’. Individuals need not have to cancel, in order to reschedule an appointment.
- Individuals will have to note that, applicants can cancel or reschedule their appointment only twice in a year, from the date of (fresh) passport application. A pop-up displaying the number of attempts left will also be provided.
- Once individuals click the button to reschedule, they will need to select the preferred Passport Seva Kendra to visit for the appointment and click on ‘Next’.
- Applicants will have to check the available dates for appointment, select the most convenient option and click on ‘Book Appointment’.
- The previous date of appointment will automatically get cancelled.
- Appointment confirmation screen will be displayed along with a ‘Print Application Receipt’ tab. The appointment receipt will have to be printed and taken with the applicant to the appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra.
Applicants can then visit the PSK on the new date and receive their passport. Individuals must also remember to keep a tab on the number of times they have rescheduled or cancelled their appointment.
How To Articles
Read Other Articles
Perfect Personal Loan Deals for you
News About Passport Appointment Online
Passport racket busted, kingpin held
The main accused in a passport racket has been pinned down and arrested by the police in Mumbai.
The accused is aged about 50 years and would send people to foreign countries on fake passports with the help of immigration officials. Two immigration officers have also been arrested in this connection.
As many as 50 people have already been sent out of the country on these fake passports over a span of two years. Many of them have gone to countries like the US and Canada.
A total of 14 other people who were involved in similar rackets have been arrested by the police along with the head of the group. The arrested includes as many as 4 immigration officers. The kingpin would make connections with various immigration officers and through their help, he would process fake visas and passports.
24th July 2017
Odisha to get three more Passport Seva Kendras
Odisha: External Affairs Minister has decided to open three more Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSKs) in Balasore, Berhampur and Bhawanipatn as part of the 149 new POPSKs that will be opened across the country. The scheme's second phase has forced the government to consider the proximity factor for passport services that has been impacting many Indians. Under the second scheme, the government wants to ensure that the citizens do not have to travel more than 50 kilometers in order to avail the passport related services. The POPSKs will carry out passport application submission and delivery of passport services that will provide ease to the Passport Offices who are handling increasing number of passport applications each year.
27th June, 2017
Increasing Number of POPSKs to be Opened by Government in Post Offices
The Indian government is planning to open an increasing number of passport service centres in post offices across the nation, according to the Minister of External Affairs, Sushma Sawraj. She revealed that the two pilot projects were hugely successful and due to it, the government has taken a decision to enhance the program by opening 64 more POPSKs (Post Office Passport Seva Kendras) across India.
The Department of Posts will work with the Ministry of External Affairs to make the most of Head Post Offices in several different states as POPSKs, and they can be used to deliver passport related services to Indian citizens.
30th March, 2017