The passport forms are machine-readable (by ICR scanners), which means forms that are not filled properly will not be read properly and can be rejected. Information to be included in your passport will be derived from the form. Therefore, it is important to provide clear and accurate details. It is also a criminal offence to deliberately provide incorrect/incomplete details or withhold any information required.
Instruction to Fill Passport Form Offline?
- Fill all details in the form in capitals, with one letter in each box
- Avoid stylish writing, use standard fonts only.
- Use ball-point pen in blue or black only and not ink pen.
- Mark a cross in the boxes where you have to choose one or more options as your answer and leave the other option(s) blank. Do not dot or tick mark.
- Avoid touching boundaries of the box while writing.
- While writing, leave one box empty after completing each word.
- Do not write anything outside the box.
- Do not overwrite. Just strikeout the character in case of a mistake and continue to write in the next box.
- Fill in only those details that are required and leave the remaining blank. Don't strike out or mark as not applicable or 'NA' if a field doesn't apply to you.
- Don't fold or dirty or smudge the form
Passport Photograph Requirements
Do not paste a photograph if the form is to be submitted at a PSK or a mini - PSK. If the form is to be submitted at other centers viz. DPCs, SPCs or CSCs you will have to paste a photograph of the following dimensions and particulars.
- Unsigned photograph; don't sign over it once pasted
- Only one photograph to be pasted, fitting in the space provided, neither bigger nor smaller
- Latest photograph in color printed in one continuous tone
- Frontal view of candidate, head centred and both ears and facial edges visible, eyes open, neutral facial expression
- White background, dark outfit/dress (uniforms not permitted)
- Dimensions - 4.5 cms X 3.5 cms
- Good quality paper to be used for the photo, computer prints are not permitted, damaged/torn photos are not permitted
- Sign under the passport in the box provided. In case of minor applicants, the signature/thumb impression will have to be of the minor only. Parents/guardians should not sign, under the photo, on behalf of the minor. Ensure your signature/thumb impression is well within the box to be accurately scanned.
- Photographs that are cut from group photographs will not be accepted.
- Candidate’s hair should not cover the eyes.
- Head covering is allowed only for religious reasons.
- Photographs with distracting shadows on the candidate’s face or the background will not be accepted.
- Glares on eyeglasses must be avoided by tilting the head slightly upward or downward.
How Fill the Passport Application Form
Note: For more info, click on this link
Column 1. Service Required
- Fresh Passport OR Re-issue of Passport
If re-issue, specify reason(s) :
- Validity Expired within 3 years/ Due to Expire
- Exhaustion of Pages
- Validity Expired more than 3 years ago
- Lost Passport
- Change in Existing Personal Particulars
- Damaged Passport
If change in existing personal particulars, specify reason(s)
- Appearance, Signature, Given Name, Surname, DOB, Spouse Name, Address, Delete ECR, Others, Please Specify
Type of Application: Normal OR Tatkaal
Type of Passport Booklet: 36 pages OR 60 Pages
Validity Required: (For minors between 15 and 18 years) 10 Years OR up to age 18
Column 2. Applicant Details
- Applicant's Given Name
- Are you known by any other names (aliases)? YES OR NO
- Have you ever changed your name? YES OR NO
- Date of Birth (DD-MM-YYYY)
- Place of Birth (Village or Town or City) Includes District, State And Country Details
- Gender: Male, Female, Transgender
- Marital Status: Single, Married, Divorced, Widow/ Widower, Separated
- Citizenship of India by: Birth, Descent, Registration/ Naturalization
- Voter ID
- PSU, Government, Statutory Body, Retired Government Servant, Self Employed, Private, Homemaker, Not Employed, Retired-Private Service, Student, Others, Owners, Partners & Directors of companies which are members of CII, FICCI & ASSOCHAM
If employed in Government/ Statutory Body/ PSU, specify organization name
Yes OR No
Are you eligible for Non-ECR category
Visible Distinguishing Mark
Column 3. Family Details
- Father's Given Name
- Mother's Given Name
- Legal Guardian's Given Name
- Spouse's Given Name
- Parent's Passport Details: Father/ Legal Guardian's File/ Passport Number, Father/ Legal Guardian's Nationality, if not Indian , Mother/ Legal Guardian's File/ Passport Number, Mother/ Legal Guardian's Nationality, if not Indian
Column 4. Present Residential Address Details
- Enter the year and month since which you have been residing at your current address
- House No. and Street Name: Village/Town/City, District, Police Station, State, PIN, Mobile Number, Email ID
- Is permanent address same as present address? YES OR NO
Column 5. Emergency Contact Details
It Includes Name and Address, Mobile Number, Email ID
Column 6. Details of Applicant's references
Name your first reference along with his/her address and phone numbers.
Name your second reference along with his/her address and phone numbers.
Column 7. Previous Passport/ Application Details
Details of latest held/ existing/ lost/ damaged Ordinary Passport/ Identity Certificate:
- Passport/ Identity Certificate Number, Date of Issue, Date of Expiry, Place of Issue
Have you ever applied for passport, but not issued? YES OR NO
Column 8. Other Details
YES OR NO
If yes, fill Column 7.1 of Supplementary Form
If yes, fill Column 7.2 of Supplementary Form
If yes, give reason for refusal or denial of Passport in Column 7.3 of Supplementary Form
If yes, provide details in Column 7.4 of Supplementary Form
If yes, provide details in Column 7.5 of Supplementary Form
If yes, provide details in Column 7.6 of Supplementary Form
Column 9. Fee Details
- DD Number, DD Issue Date, DD Expiry Date, Bank Name, Branch
Column 10. Enclosures
Column 11. Self-Declaration
FAQs on How to Fill Passport Application Form
- How can I make the payment? What are the accepted methods of payment?
You can pay online for the passport, using the below mentioned modes:
- Credit/ Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa).
- Internet Banking.
- SBI Bank Challan.
- SBI Wallet Payment.
The appointment can be rescheduled up to two times within a year from the date of the first appointment.
You need to deposit the passport fees at the nearest SBI Branch in cash after, a minimum of 3 hours of generating challan.
It is compulsory for all the applicants to be physically present along with original documents and application print receipt at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
There are three types of passports issued in India:
- Ordinary Passport: An ordinary passport is issued to adults, with a validity of 10 years from the date of issue and can be re-issued. For minors' passports, the validity is restricted to five years or till they attain the age of 18, whichever is earlier.
- Diplomatic Passport: A diplomatic passport is issued to designated members authorised by the Indian Government.
- Official Passport: An official passport is issued to designated Government servants or any other person specifically authorised by the Government deputed abroad on official assignment.