In order to apply for a passport or a passport related service, you will have to provide relevant supporting documents. This includes filling a government-issued form indicating the type of passport application form you wish to make.
Where Do You Get Passport Application Form?
Passport form can either be obtained online or offline.
- Online passport application forms can be accessed through the passport seva portal at www.passportindia.gov.in filled in two different ways. One is to fill and submit the e-form online while logged into the portal itself and the other way is to download the e-form, fill it offline and upload it later at the link provided (check the online application process).
- Offline passport forms can also be accessed in two different ways. One way is to download the form from the passport website and print it to be filled manually. Another way is to buy, fill and submit the form at your passport center i.e. Your passport seva kendra (psk), passport office (po), district passport cell (dpc), speed post centre (spc), citizen service centre (csc).
Getting your passport form online is easier, quicker and more convenient than getting it offline. It should also be noted that going the offline route is only possible for new or fresh passport application forms. This is because the abovementioned centers (except psks) do not process any other type of application.
Where To Submit Indian Passport Application Form?
Passport application form can be filled and submitted either online or offline depending on the application process. Online passport application form are submitted online, print forms are submitted offline. Online submissions are done through the passport website. Offline submissions are done at the psk or other collection centers. Passport application fee payment and document submission will also vary depending on how the forms are submitted.
Passport Application Form Online
Forms for various types of passport forms can be accessed on the passport portal under the section ‘forms and affidavits’ in the left navigation tab. Here, you will find the following –
- E-forms for download
- Application forms for printing
- Annexures to forms and supporting affidavits
- Format of statement of undertaking gsr 570(e)
E Form For Passport Application
You either fill and submit them online or download them first, fill them offline then upload them later. You can download the following e-forms from the passport website.
- Form for new or fresh passport application
- Form for renewal passport application
- Forms (individual) for police clearance certificate, identity certificate and surrender certificate application
For applications processed at psks or rpos, e-forms have to be submitted online i.e. Printed versions of the same will not be accepted at these centers. Also, applicants must have at least version 9 of the acrobat reader to open any of these e-forms.
While the e-forms are meant for online submission only, the passport portal also provides links to forms that can be downloaded and printed. They can be filled in by writing in the details, offline and submitted, physically, at the relevant passport center. These forms have to be printed on a4 size paper, back-to-back. You can download the following printable forms from the passport website.
- Main form for new or fresh/ renewal or reissue passport application
- Supplementary form for new or fresh/ renewal or reissue passport application
- Instructions booklet for the abovementioned main and supplementary forms
- Forms (individual) for police clearance certificate, identity certificate and surrender certificate
- Form for loc permit
As with the e-forms the applicants must have at least version 9 of the acrobat reader to open these forms.
Annexures and Affidavits
Annexures which include affidavits, specific certificates, declarations and specific letters are submitted in addition to, and along with, passport applications, where required. The various types of annexures and/or affidavits that can be accessed, downloaded, printed are
- Annexure a – this is an affidavit for submission by illiterate applicants supporting their birth date.
- Annexure b – this is an identity certificate required to be submitted by all employees of the central or state governments, of statutory bodies, of public sector organizations. This also applies to the spouses and children (below 18 years) of such employees.
- Annexure c – this is an affidavit for submission of passport application by the mother or father a minor child where the parents are separated not divorced.
- Annexure d – this is an affidavit for submission by a lady applying to change her name in the passport post marriage.
- Annexure e – this is an affidavit for submission in case of application for change in name or deed or sworn affidavit.
- Annexure f – this is a verification certificate for passports applied for on tatkal basis. Passport authorities may verify this certificate for authenticity.
- Annexure g – this is a declaration for submission by a minor’s parent or guardian for a minor’s passport. This is in cases where only one parent has given consent for the minor to obtain a passport.
- Annexure h – this is a declaration for submission by a minor’s parents or guardians for a minor’s passport.
- Annexure i – this is the standard affidavit in which the applicant states his/her name, his/her parents’ and spouse’s name (if any). The applicant also states his/her residential address, and that he/she is an indian citizen and free of criminal record among other details.
- Annexure j – this is a specimen verification certificate which has to be submitted with the standard affidavit mentioned above (annexure i). It given by the chairmen of apex business organizations to its member companies’ directors or owners or partners.
- Annexure k – this is a specimen affidavit for a new passport or renewing a passport, obtained before marriage. It is also for applicants who are married but owing to marital problems can’t provide supporting marriage documents viz. The marriage certificate or a joint affidavit with a partner/spouse. It further applies to applicants who are married but are separated and not divorced owing to desertion.
- Annexure l – this is a specimen affidavit for submission to apply for a passport in place of a damaged or lost passport.
- Annexure m – this is a no objection certificate issued by a particular ministry or department or office stating that no objection to the applicant getting the passport.
- Annexure n – this is a prior intimation letter for submission by an applicant who is an employee of a government, public organization or statutory body. The letter is filled out to inform his/her employer that he/she is applying for a passport.
- Authority letter – this is an authorization letter that an applicant fills out to authorize a person other than himself/herself to submit his/her passport application. It can also be used to authorize another person to collect the passport and related documents.
Undertaking gsr 570 (e)
Submitted on plain paper, this is a statement of undertaking detailing the applicant’s name, his/her parents’ names and spouse’s name (if any). It also includes the applicant’s current residential address and the relevant passport file number or arn no. (if any). If the applicant has a criminal record, relevant details for this also should be provided.
News About Passport Form
Complete Passport Formalities at District Level
The External Affairs Ministry of India is taking various steps to make it easy for citizens to avail a passport. Currently, it is planning different ways that will allow people to complete passport formalities at the district level. The government has also started implementing the plan in stages. A passport facilitation center is being established in Solapur, which will start operating soon. The government is trying to use the latest technology to find solutions to problems related to availing a passport. At present, there are 100 passport offices in the country and this number will increase in the coming years.
1st September 2016
Passport Seva Camp In Leh
A three-day passport seva camp has been inaugurated in Leh. The camp has been organised by the Passport Office in Srinagar and the camp will cater to residents from Leh and Kargil.
The camp was run from July 14th-17th, 2016.
Applicants will be able to renew their passports as well as apply for fresh ones in their city instead of having to travel to Srinagar or facing long delays in passport application processes.
According to officials, the camp was a success, with over 3000 applicants registering for passports.
This is the second such camp organized in the Kashmir area, and there are plans to hold more in the near future.
22nd July 2016