Ever since the facility of online has been introduced, the process associated with passport registration and then acquiring a passport login is simple. With the steps mentioned below, the entire procedure takes only a few minutes.
Step By Step Process For Passport Registration
- Step 1: Go to the government’s official Passport Seva website, which is www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Step 2: On the left pane, there are four options in different colors – Green, Orange, Blue, and Yellow.
- Step 3: Click on the orange button, which says New User? Register Now.
- Step 4: A form opens, which has to be filled.
- Step 5: By default, the radio button Passport Office is clicked. However, for an Official/Diplomatic passport at the consular, select the option “CPV Delhi.”
- Step 6: For the field “Passport Office,” choose the name of the city as per the residential address.
- Step 7: In the “name” field, enter the first name and middle name.
- Step 8: In the next field, enter the last/surname.
- Step 9: Enter the date of birth in the format: DD/MM/YYYY.
- Step 10: Enter the email address.
- Step 11: The next section involves processing the login ID. For this, either a new Id can be generated or the login ID can be same as the email ID.
- Step 12: Enter the password, which should contain at least one uppercase alphabet (A-Z) or lowercase alphabet (a-z) and one number (0-9). The combination must contain a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 14 characters.
- Step 13: Re-enter the password for confirmation.
- Step 14: Pick a hint question from the drop-down menu and enter its answer in the respective box.
- Step 15: Enter the captcha code and click on the register button.
Step By Step Process For Passport Login
Once the registration process is complete, use the respective passport login ID to proceed further.
- Step 1: Go to the official online Passport Seva portal, which is www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Step 2: On the left pane, there are four options in colors – Green, Orange, Blue, and Yellow.
- Step 3: Click on the green button, which says Existing User? Login.
- Step 4: Enter the ID and click on the “continue” button.
- Step 5: Now, the process to apply for passport online can be done here. This usually includes filling the form, paying a fee, booking an appointment, and presenting the original documents.