Passport Name Change After Marriage

  • If the applicant wishes to change his/her name in the Passport after marriage, he/she will have to apply for a Re-issue of the Passport and download or avail Form No. II for Miscellaneous Services either online or from the Passport Seva Kendra.
  • Once this form has been filled, he/she will have to submit the same to the Seva Kendra or online along with the following documents -
    • Present Passport along with a photocopy of the passport of the husband (if any).
    • Copy of the Marriage Certificate that has been attested OR equivalent affidavit along with supporting evidence such as Marriage Card or joint photo (Annexure D').
  • The above must be submitted online or to the Passport Seva Kendra along with the nominal fee.
  • Individuals can collect the corrected Passport on the said date.

How to Change Spouse Name in Indian Passport

You must apply for re-issuance of passport if you want your spouse's name to be changed on the passport. All the specific details to be changed must be updated on the application form. To know more about the documents that are required in this process, please go to the official website of passport services and click on the link that says Documents Required'.

If Spouse is a Foreign Citizen

The following documents must be present if you want the name of your spouse on your passport when he/she is a foreign citizen:

  • Marriage Certificate that has been issued by Indian Post/Mission abroad.
  • Certificate of marriage issued by a Foreign Government that is attested either by:
    • Indian Mission/Post in jurisdiction from where the certificate of marriage was issued.
    • Consulate/High Commission/Foreign Embassy of that particular country in India.
  • Certificate of marriage is issued by the Indian authorities like Registrar of Marriage or Marriage Officer.

Documents Required in Case of Divorce

  • Divorce decree certified by the court.
  • Sworn Affidavit or Deed Poll according to Annexure E.

Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.