- If the applicant wishes to change his/her name in the Passport after marriage, he/she will have to apply for a Re-issue' of the Passport and download or avail Form No. II for Miscellaneous Services either online or from the Passport Seva Kendra.
- Once this form has been filled, he/she will have to submit the same to the Seva Kendra or online along with the following documents -
- Present Passport along with a photocopy of the passport of the husband (if any).
- Copy of the Marriage Certificate that has been attested OR equivalent affidavit along with supporting evidence such as Marriage Card or joint photo (Annexure D').
- The above must be submitted online or to the Passport Seva Kendra along with the nominal fee.
- Individuals can collect the corrected Passport on the said date.
How To Change Spouse Name In Indian Passport
- How to endorse the name of my spouse on my passport?
- My spouse is a citizen of a different country. What are the documents that I need to provide if I want his/her name on my passport?
You must apply for re-issuance of passport if you want your spouse's name to be changed on the passport. All the specific details to be changed must be updated on the application form. To know more about the documents that are required in this process, please go to the official website of passport services and click on the link that says Documents Required'.
The following documents must be present if you want the name of your spouse on your passport when he/she is a foreign citizen:
- Marriage Certificate that has been issued by Indian Post/Mission abroad.
- Certificate of marriage issued by a Foreign Government that is attested either by:
- Indian Mission/Post in jurisdiction from where the certificate of marriage was issued.
- Consulate/High Commission/Foreign Embassy of that particular country in India.
- Certificate of marriage is issued by the Indian authorities like Registrar of Marriage or Marriage Officer.
- Divorce decree certified by the court.
- Sworn Affidavit or Deed Poll according to Annexure E.
Read More Related Articles
- How to Change Name in Passport after Divorce
- How to Add Name of the Spouse After Marriage
- How To Change Middle Name/Surname in Passport
- How to apply for minor passport without the spouse's name endorsed in it?
- How to Change Date of Birth in Passport ?
- How to Make Passport for Newborn in India ?