In case an individual wishes to change middle name or surname, he/she will have to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or the official website and apply for re-issue' of Passport and download Form No. II for Miscellaneous Services and fill in the required details.
Along with the form, the applicant will have to submit the following documents:
- Original Passport along with a copy of the first two and last two pages that have been self-attested.
- Based on the reason for the change of name, the following documents will have to be submitted:
- In case a woman wishes to change her name after marriage, she will have to submit a copy of her husband's passport (if any) along with a copy of the Marriage Certificate that has been attested or supporting evidence such as joint photo with equivalent affidavit (Annexure D').
- In case a divorce is applying for a change in name, he/she will have to submit a certified photocopy of the Decree of Divorce along with sworn affidavit or Deed Poll (Annexure E').
- If the applicant wishes to change his/her name after remarriage, a copy of the Divorce Decree or Death Certificate along with proof of second marriage must be provided.
- If the circumstances are not any of the above then sworn affidavit or Deed Poll (Annexure E') along with original advertisement in two daily newspapers regarding change of name (this is accepted only 30 days after publishing of the said advertisement).