The UIDAI has provided residents with portals through which they can voice their complaints as well as inquiries on anything related to Aadhaar. Any complaints or inquiries directed through these portals are dealt with in a timely fashion and aim to provide solutions to residents at the earliest. Individuals can lodge a complaint or an inquiry by using the information present on their Aadhaar acknowledgement document, which they would have received at the time of enrolment.
Residents can voice their suggestions, complaints and inquiries by approaching the UIDAI through the following ways:
Aadhaar Helpline Numbers
The UIDAI has outlined Aadhar helpline numbers through which residents can contact their regional UIDAI offices to lodge their Aadhaar complaints and inquiries. The following are the Aadhaar helpline numbers for some of the main cities listed by the UIDAI:
Residents can also contact the Aadhaar card toll-free number at 1800-300-1947 provided by the UIDAI to settle any grievances they might have.
Residents can send in their Aadhaar complaints, suggestions and inquiries to the following Email IDs as well:
Alternatively, residents can also send in their emails to the following general Email ID: [email protected].
Residents also have the option of sending in a fax with their inquiries and complaints to 080-2353 1947.
Residents can get in touch with the UIDAI via post and any complaints or documents related to Aadhaar correction or updation can be sent to the following addresses:
Government of India (GoI)
3rd Floor, Tower II
Jeevan Bharati Building
New Delhi - 110001
Email ID - [email protected]
PO Box 1947, GPO Bangalore - 560001
Official UIDAI Website
Residents can also choose to visit the official website of the UIDAI to lodge their complaints and enquiries. By accessing the Aadhaar Kiosk page they can click on the link that says Contact where they will find the following:
- Contact Us - Residents will find the postal address of the UIDAI as well as the toll-free number and Email ID through which they can send in their Aadhaar complaints and inquiries.
- Grievance Centre - In this section, residents can see the requirements necessary in order to contact the grievance centre.
- File Complaint - Residents can file their complaint through this section through the following steps:
- Enter your Enrolment ID (Mandatory).
- Enter Date/Time.
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your Email ID.
- Enter your Mobile Phone Number.
- Enter your pin code.
- Enter the Village/Town/City you reside in.
- Select the complaint category.
- Select what the complaint is related to from the list provided.
- Enter the security code.
- Enter any remarks or additional information you might have with regards to your complaint.
- Click Submit.
- Complaint Status - Residents can check the status of their complaint in this section by entering the Case ID they would have received at the time of filing their complaint.
News about Aadhar Inquiry And Complaints
UIDAI speaks out regarding security breaches
After rumors of the security system of the Aadhaar under the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) being breached and the biometric and other data being used for creating parallel databases, the UIDAI has made a statement to reassure the public of security of their Aadhaar. The UIDAI has collected data for 400 crore Aadhaar Cards, and according to the organization it has not yet seen a single breach of security, and has labelled news of security breaches as ‘misinformation’. The organization claims that the Aadhaar has some of the most secure and highly encrypted data banks in the world, which are considered next to impossible to break into.
10th March 2017