About EPFO e-Passbook
The e-Passbook is a feature offered by the EPFO to all its subscribers. It is actually the online or e-version of the EPF account statement or status book. Customers who wish to use this feature can do so only after registering themselves on the UAN website. This e-Passsbook will contain all transaction details pertaining to the account, which includes employer contribution, employee contribution, withdrawals, and interest earnings. It will also contain an employee’s KYC details like their name, date of birth (DOB), Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account number. One can check their EPF account statement in a number of ways. However, to check their EPFO account statement, subscribers need to visit the EPFO portal and login using their UAN and password.
Before the e-Passbook option was introduced, the EPF department provided members with only hard copies of their annual EPF statement. That option is no longer in use. Keeping with the times, the EPFO now offers its members the e-passbook facility that is available on its website. This online facility has made it much easier for employees to keep track of their account activity, and members can also download their e-Passbook multiple times in a month.
Every employee who contributes to the EPF will be given a UAN, which is a unique number that comes with 12 digits. By logging into the EPFO portal, one can take a look at his or her UAN status, view the EPF balance, make provident fund claims, and view and download his or her UAN EPF passbook. With the help of this website, you can check your e-Passbook many times in a month and handle your finances efficiently.
Benefits of EPFO e-Passbook
- The e-passbook section on the EPFO website can be utilised by employees who have registered on the Unified Member Portal. They can view the member passbook on this website.
- Subscribers will be able to access and use the e-Passbook facility 6 hours after registering on the Unified Member Portal.
- Any modifications made to the credentials on the site will also reflect in the e-Passbook after a period of 6 hours.
- All entries that have been cleared by the different EPFO Field Offices will be updated in the e-Passbook.
To avail the e-Passbook facility, you will have to compulsorily register on the official EPFO website. The following details will have to be filled in while registering:
- Your mobile number
- PAN number
- Aadhar Card number
- National Population Register number
- Bank account number
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Passport number
- Ration Card number
- Your name as on the official documents
- Email ID
You will get a captcha image, which you must type in the box provided and you will get the PIN. The PIN will be sent on your registered mobile number via SMS. After you submit the form, you will get a confirmation on your registered mobile number, with which the registration process will be complete. You can then login to the EPFO Member Portal and check your EPF status online.
Steps to Access EPF e-Passbook using Mobile Number
You can register for the EPF e-Passbook facility on the EPFO website with your mobile number and date of birth. Following are the steps to do so:
- You will also be asked for your identity card to complete the registration process.
- You will then get a PIN on your mobile number and you will need to enter this on the website to complete the registration process.
- You can then login to the portal with your mobile number and document number.
- You can then choose the ‘Download Passbook’ option.
- Here, you will be required to key in information about your PF office and other details related to your PF such as name of employee, PF code, etc.
- You will then have to confirm your selected transaction with a PIN.
- Once you request to get your EPF passbook, it will take 3 days to be processed.
Steps to Access EPF Passbook
Given below is the list of steps that must be followed to view your passbook on the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) website:
- You must visit the EPFO website (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php).
- Under the ‘Our Services’ tab, click on ‘For Employees’.
- On the next page, click on ‘Member Passbook’ which can be found under ‘Services’.
- On the next page, you will need to key in your Universal Account Number (UAN), the password, and captcha details and then click on ‘Login’ to view your passbook.
Steps to Generate EPF e-Passbook Online
Given below is the process to generate your EPF e-Passbook:
- Once you have logged in to the member portal, the page that opens will give you two options - to alter your details and/or download e-Passbook.
- When you select ‘Download’, you will be asked to select the state and you will have to select the PF office of that state.
- If you do not know which your corresponding PF office is, you can find the details at http://epf-india.co.in/ .
- You must then enter your EPF account number and your name, which should be the same as what is in EPFO records.
- Next, you will need to put in the Captcha code that is given, following which you will get the PIN number which will be sent on your registered mobile number via SMS..
- · Finally, click on ‘Get Detail’ after which you will be able to download the PDF e-Passbook.
To obtain the e-passbook, the registered EPFO members have to enter their establishment code, EPF number, and member name as mentioned in the EPF slip. However, some employers and employees (like the exempted establishments) are not eligible for the EPF Account Passbook Facility. You can visit the unified-EPFO portal and check for eligibility under 'Status of Establishments'.
How to get EPF Statement using EPFO App
EPFO members can easily check their EPF statement with the help of the EPFO app. Given below are the steps to be followed for ong the same:
- Employees can download the M-Sewa m-sewa app from the Google Play store.
- After downloading, launch the app and Cclick on the 'Member' tab and then click on go to 'Balance/Passbook'.
- Next, Eenter your UAN and registered mobile number.
- The app will then verify the mobile number, following which the updated EPF balance details can be viewed and also download downloaded or printed in PDF format.
Informations Provided in EPF Account Statement
- EPFO member KYC details such as name, date of birth (DOB), Aadhaar number, date of joining EPFO. Also given is the name, and address of the establishment.
- The EPF member’s number, which is a unique alphanumeric code,will be mentioned in the EPF statement. The code contains the state, regional office, establishment ID, and the EPF code of the member.
- The EPF statement will have the Universal Account Number (UAN) of the EPFO member portal. The UAN It is a 12-digit number that is unique to each member. Only one UAN is allocated to an employee regardless of their job changes.
- Similar to a bank account statement, the EPF statement will also contain the opening balance of the employee and employer’s contributions to the EPF account. The opening balance also includes the accrued interest till the previous financial year.
- Monthly contributions made by the employee and the employer are also reflected in the statement with the dates.
- If an employee has opted for Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF), then the VPF contributions made by the employee will also reflect in the EPF statement separately.
- Accrued interest is the interest earned on the contributions made to the EPF account and it is credited once per year. The EPF statement will have the interest rate and the interest calculations. The EPF interest rate is revised by the Government of India on a quarterly basis.
- If the employee has made any premature withdrawals from the EPF account, then the same will in the EPF statement.
- Closing balance of the contributions, accrued interest, and withdrawals will be mentioned in the EPF statement. This balance will be carried forward as opening balance for the next financial year.
Note: The EPF e-Passbook is available to those whose employer has uploaded the e-Challan and return.
Points to Remember
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
News On EPF
e-Passbook Service Can Be Availed by Pensioners Via Umang App Thanks to EPFO
The EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) recently made an announcement the release of a special service that can be availed by pensioners in an effort to help them check their pension passbooks in a relatively simple manner. A mobile application was launched and pensioners can now check their passbooks on thus app. The Union Ministry of Labor recently issued a statement which said that the e-passbook facility for pensioners can be used via the Umang app. This is an initiative taken by the government to facilitate the paperless movement. This application can offer access to a number of government services like Aadhaar, EPF, gas booking, National Pension Scheme, crop insurance, etc.
26 July 2018
Increase in Investment Limit for Pension Funds Ruled Out
The finance ministry has ruled out the proposal to increase equity investments for pension fund subscribers. Currently, the equity investment limit is set at 15% and the government has no plans to increase that limit. The reason for not increasing the equity investment limit is because the government perceives that the volatility could lead to drop in value of funds, which in turn could result in losses for the government. A government official has stated that the option is still not completely ruled out and might be considered when there is more maturity in the stock market.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has been pushing for an increase in equity investment limit for National Pension Scheme (NPS) ‘Active Choice’ option to 75% from the current 50%.
25 May 2018