The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) passbook contains information and details of all the transactions that have been made by both the employer and employee in the EPF and Employees' Pension Scheme (EPS) accounts. All the monthly contributions and the interest accumulated listed out in the passbook as well as the interest that is being accumulated on the amount collected. Multiple EPF accounts will each have different passbooks. You can check your EPF passbook online and can download it in the PDF format. However, you have to register your Universal Account Number (UAN) on the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
How to download EPFO Passbook
The process to view and download the PF Passbook is very simple and can be done on the EPFO portal. However, the employee must keep in mind the below-mentioned points in case they wish to view and download the passbook online:
- The PF passbook facility is only available for members who complete the UAN registration on the EPFO portal.
- Only 6 hours after the registration or activation has been completed will the passbook facility be available.
- The passbook facility will be available 6 hours after the registration is completed.
- The entries that are made on the passbook must be consistent with the ones made by the EPFO field offices.
- Inoperative Members, Settled Members, and Exempted Establishment Members will not be able to avail the EPF Passbook facility.
The procedure to view and download the EPF Passbook is mentioned below:
- Initially, the employee must visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Next, the employee must click on the ‘e-Passbook’ option.
- On the new tab, the employee must enter his/her UAN, password, and captcha details.
- Next, the employee must click on ‘Login’.
- On the next page, the Member ID of the employee will be displayed. In case the employee has various Member IDs, all of them will be displayed on the screen.
- The employee must click on the Member ID of which the PF statement he/she would like to download.
- Once the employee clicks on the Member ID, all details of the PF account will be displayed such as the name of the organisation, name of the employee, where the office is located, the share of the employer and the employee, and the contribution made towards the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) account.
- The employee will also be able to download the PF statement in the PDF format as well as take a print out of the statement.
FAQs on EPF Passbook
- Is it possible to download or view my passbook?
Yes, you can download or view your passbook in the following manner:
- Log in to the member portal using your UAN and password.
- Go to the menu option ‘Download’ and select ‘Download Passbook’.
- It is also possible to download the PDF version of the passbook.
No, it is not possible to view your passbook online without the UAN. The UAN and password are required to view the passbook online and on the UMANG app.
The EPF passbook that is downloaded comes in the pdf format. No, a password is not required to open the downloaded document.
The entries made on the EPF passbook are checked with the EPFO field offices before updating on the passbook.
It takes a maximum of 6 hours after the UAN registration for the passbook to be generated.
Only members who have registered for the EPFO portal will be able to view and download the EPF passbook.
Any updates made online will reflect in the PF passbook only after 6 hours.
No, not all EPF members have access to the EPFO passbook facility. The below-mentioned members do not have access to the passbook facility:
- Inoperative members
- Settled members
- Exempted Established Members