All about EPF e-Passbook
EPF or Employees Provident Fund is a retirement scheme in India that provides benefits to salaried individuals. In this scheme, the employer and employee both contribute equal amount so they can enjoy its benefits at retirement. The contribution that both the employee and employer make is 12% if the employee’s basic salary. The percentage is set by the government and it is to be contributed each month.
The EPF account holders can check their EPF account statement online through the online passbook facility that is the e-Passbook. Through the EPF e-Passbook one can easily get all the details of your EPF balance and you can check the status at all times.
How can you access the EPF e-Passbook?
To avail the e-Passbook facility, you will have to compulsorily register on the EPFO official website. The following details will have to be filled in while registering:
- Your mobile number
- PAN number
- Aadhar Card number
- National Population Register number
- Bank account number
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Passport number
- Ration Card number
- Your name as on the official documents
- Email ID
You will get a captcha image, which you must type in the box provided and you will get the PIN.
The PIN will be received on your registered mobile number via SMS. After you submit the form, you will get a confirmation on your registered mobile and it completes the registration process. You can then login to the member portal and check your EPF status online.
How to generate your EPF e-Passbook online?
The following is the process to generate your EPF e-Passbook:
- Once you have logged in to the member portal, you will get a screen that you can alter your details and also download e-Passbook from this page.
- When you select download, you will be asked to select the state and you will have to select the PF office of that state.
- If you have no idea which is your PF office, you can find the details at http://epf-india.co.in/ .
- You can then enter the EPF account number and your name that is the same as in your EPFO records.
- Fill in the captcha details and avail the PIN number.
- Enter the pin number that you receive on your registered mobile number via SMS.
- Finally hit the button – Get Detail. You can then download the PDF e-Passbook.
Note: The EPF e-Passbook is available to those whose employer has uploaded the e-Challan and return.
Remember the following while downloading EPF e-Passbook:
- Only one mobile number can be used for one registration.
- You can however edit the mobile number later on.
- You can see only one EPF account under one establishment.
- You can transfer your old EPF account to the new one.
- You will not be able to see settled or inoperative accounts.
- You can register using different ID proofs and mobile number to check the details of the different accounts.
- Your EPF e-Passbook will contain the month and date wise transactions made in your account from the year in which the annual accounts were updated for the establishment.
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- How to Transfer PF Amount
- Provident Fund Rules
- SBI EPF
- Gratuity Calculator
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- New EPF Withdrawal Form
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Access UAN Account after Changing the Mobile Number
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- EPF Contribution in Basic Salary
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
- EPF e-Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer