All about EPF e-Passbook
EPF or Employees Provident Fund is a retirement scheme in India that provides benefits to salaried individuals. In this scheme, the employer and employee both contribute equal amount so they can enjoy its benefits at retirement. The contribution that both the employee and employer make is 12% if the employee’s basic salary. The percentage is set by the government and it is to be contributed each month.
The EPF account holders can check their EPF account statement online through the online passbook facility that is the e-Passbook. Through the EPF e-Passbook one can easily get all the details of your EPF balance and you can check the status at all times.
How to check the balance of your EPF passbook
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is social security organisation in India that is dedicated towards supporting the Central Board in managing mandatory pension schemes, provident fund schemes, and insurance schemes for employees who work in the organised sector.
Learn more about EPFO Passbook
The EPFO passbook can be accessed conveniently online by going to the EPFO portal, which can be used with the help of your Universal Account Number (UAN). Every employee who contributes to the EPF will be given a UAN, which is a unique number that comes with 12 digits. By logging into the EPFO portal, one can take a look at his or her UAN status, view the EPF balance, make provident fund claims, and view and download his or her UAN EPF passbook.
With the help of this website, you can check your passbook many times in a month and handle your finances efficiently.
What you need to know about EPF passbook
You can read the following points to learn more about EPF passbook:
- The e-passbook section on the EPFO website can be utilised by employees who have registered on the Unified Member Portal. They can view the member passbook on this website.
- After they register, within 6 hours, they will be able to access the passbook.
- If you make any modifications to the credentials on this site, it will take 6 hours to get activated.
- All entries that have been cleared by the different EPFO Field Offices will be updated in the e-Passbook.
- It is important to note that this passbook option cannot be accessed by settled members, members of exempted establishments, and inoperative members.
How can you access the EPF e-Passbook?
To avail the e-Passbook facility, you will have to compulsorily register on the EPFO official website. The following details will have to be filled in while registering:
- Your mobile number
- PAN number
- Aadhar Card number
- National Population Register number
- Bank account number
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Passport number
- Ration Card number
- Your name as on the official documents
- Email ID
You will get a captcha image, which you must type in the box provided and you will get the PIN.
The PIN will be received on your registered mobile number via SMS. After you submit the form, you will get a confirmation on your registered mobile and it completes the registration process. You can then login to the EPFO Member Portal and check your EPF status online.
Steps to register and sign in for viewing EPF passbook with mobile number
- You can register for the EPF passbook on the EPFO website with your mobile number and date of birth.
- You will also be asked for your identity card to complete the registration process.
- You will then get a PIN on your mobile number and you will need to enter this on the website to complete the registration process.
- You can then login to the portal with your mobile number and document number.
- You can then choose the download e-passbook option.
- Here, you will be required to key in information about your PF office and other details related to your PF such as name of employee, PF code, etc.
- You will then have to confirm your selected transaction with a PIN.
- Once you request to get your EPF passbook, it will take 3 days to be processed.
Steps to access the UAN EPF passbook
In order to register for the UAN EPF passbook, you will be required to activate your UAN. You can then follow the steps given below:
- First, you will need to log in to the website of EPFO by using the link https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Here, you will need to click on ‘Our Services’. Under this, you will need to choose ‘For Employees’.
- You will come across a dropdown list under the heading ‘Services’. Here, you can click on ‘Member Passbook’.
- And then by clicking on the e-Passbook option. You may also directly go the e-Passbook section by following this link https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp.
- In order to view the passbook, you will have to log in by using the username and the password. Here, the username will be your UAN.
- You will then have to key in the unique captcha code, and then click ‘Login’.
- You can choose any of the two modes to access your EPF passbook and view your balance thoroughly. Since you can access the passbook online easily, you can view it from anywhere at any time and take care of your finances proficiently.
How to generate your EPF e-Passbook online?
The following is the process to generate your EPF e-Passbook:
- Once you have logged in to the member portal, you will get a screen that you can alter your details and also download e-Passbook from this page.
- When you select download, you will be asked to select the state and you will have to select the PF office of that state.
- If you have no idea which is your PF office, you can find the details at http://epf-india.co.in/ .
- You can then enter the EPF account number and your name that is the same as in your EPFO records.
- Fill in the captcha details and avail the PIN number.
- Enter the pin number that you receive on your registered mobile number via SMS.
- Finally hit the button – Get Detail. You can then download the PDF e-Passbook.
Note: The EPF e-Passbook is available to those whose employer has uploaded the e-Challan and return.
Remember the following while downloading EPF e-Passbook:
- Only one mobile number can be used for one registration.
- You can however edit the mobile number later on.
- You can see only one EPF account under one establishment.
- You can transfer old EPF account to the new one.
- You will not be able to see settled or inoperative accounts.
- You can register using different ID proofs and mobile number to check the details of the different accounts.
- Your EPF e-Passbook will contain the month and date wise transactions made in your account from the year in which the annual accounts were updated for the establishment.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC