All about EPF e-Passbook
EPF or Employees Provident Fund is a retirement scheme in India that provides benefits to salaried individuals. In this scheme, the employer and employee both contribute equal amount so they can enjoy its benefits at retirement. The contribution that both the employee and employer make is 12% if the employee’s basic salary. The percentage is set by the government and it is to be contributed each month.
How to check the balance of your EPF passbook
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is social security organisation in India that is dedicated towards supporting the Central Board in managing mandatory pension schemes, provident fund schemes, and insurance schemes for employees who work in the organised sector.
Learn more about EPFO Passbook
The EPFO passbook can be accessed conveniently online by going to the EPFO portal, which can be used with the help of your Universal Account Number (UAN). Every employee who contributes to the EPF will be given a UAN, which is a unique number that comes with 12 digits. By logging into the EPFO portal, one can take a look at his or her UAN status, view the EPF balance, make provident fund claims, and view and download his or her UAN EPF passbook.
With the help of this website, you can check your passbook many times in a month and handle your finances efficiently.
What you need to know about EPF passbook
You can read the following points to learn more about EPF passbook:
- The e-passbook section on the EPFO website can be utilised by employees who have registered on the Unified Member Portal. They can view the member passbook on this website.
- After they register, within 6 hours, they will be able to access the passbook.
- If you make any modifications to the credentials on this site, it will take 6 hours to get activated.
- All entries that have been cleared by the different EPFO Field Offices will be updated in the e-Passbook.
- It is important to note that this passbook option cannot be accessed by settled members, members of exempted establishments, and inoperative members.
How can you access the EPF e-Passbook?
To avail the e-Passbook facility, you will have to compulsorily register on the EPFO official website. The following details will have to be filled in while registering:
- Your mobile number
- PAN number
- Aadhar Card number
- National Population Register number
- Bank account number
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Passport number
- Ration Card number
- Your name as on the official documents
- Email ID
You will get a captcha image, which you must type in the box provided and you will get the PIN.
The PIN will be received on your registered mobile number via SMS. After you submit the form, you will get a confirmation on your registered mobile and it completes the registration process. You can then login to the EPFO Member Portal and check your EPF status online.
Steps to register and sign in for viewing EPF passbook with mobile number
- You can register for the EPF passbook on the EPFO website with your mobile number and date of birth.
- You will also be asked for your identity card to complete the registration process.
- You will then get a PIN on your mobile number and you will need to enter this on the website to complete the registration process.
- You can then login to the portal with your mobile number and document number.
- You can then choose the download e-passbook option.
- Here, you will be required to key in information about your PF office and other details related to your PF such as name of employee, PF code, etc.
- You will then have to confirm your selected transaction with a PIN.
- Once you request to get your EPF passbook, it will take 3 days to be processed.
Steps to access the UAN EPF passbook
In order to register for the UAN EPF passbook, you will be required to activate your UAN. You can then follow the steps given below:
- First, you will need to log in to the website of EPFO by using the link https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Here, you will need to click on ‘Our Services’. Under this, you will need to choose ‘For Employees’.
- You will come across a dropdown list under the heading ‘Services’. Here, you can click on ‘Member Passbook’.
- And then by clicking on the e-Passbook option. You may also directly go the e-Passbook section by following this link https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp.
- In order to view the passbook, you will have to log in by using the username and the password. Here, the username will be your UAN.
- You will then have to key in the unique captcha code, and then click ‘Login’.
- You can choose any of the two modes to access your EPF passbook and view your balance thoroughly. Since you can access the passbook online easily, you can view it from anywhere at any time and take care of your finances proficiently.
How to generate your EPF e-Passbook online?
The following is the process to generate your EPF e-Passbook:
- Once you have logged in to the member portal, you will get a screen that you can alter your details and also download e-Passbook from this page.
- When you select download, you will be asked to select the state and you will have to select the PF office of that state.
- If you have no idea which is your PF office, you can find the details at http://epf-india.co.in/ .
- You can then enter the EPF account number and your name that is the same as in your EPFO records.
- Fill in the captcha details and avail the PIN number.
- Enter the pin number that you receive on your registered mobile number via SMS.
- Finally hit the button – Get Detail. You can then download the PDF e-Passbook.
Where to get Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) Account Statement?
An Employees' Provident Fund account statement is an e-passbook which is an online version of an employee's EPF account status book. The passbook will have all transactions including employer and employee contributions, interest earnings, and withdrawals with dates. The EPF account statement will also have KYC details of an employee such as his or her name, date of birth (DOB), Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account. Let's find out how to check EPF account statement of an EPFO member.
In the old days, the EPF department used to provide hard copies of a member’s annual EPF statement which is no longer an option. The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) offers e-passbook facility on its portal/website, thereby making it easier for EPFO members to check their EPF statements online. The EPF Account Passbook facility allows EPFO members to download their e-passbook multiple times in a month.
To obtain the e-passbook, the registered EPFO members have to enter their establishment code, EPF number, and member name as mentioned in the EPF slip. However, some employers and employees (like the exempted establishments) are not eligible for the EPF Account Passbook Facility. You can visit the unified-EPFO portal and check for eligibility under 'Status of Establishments'.
Get EPF Statement on EPFO Portal
Here is a step-by-step guide to downloading the e-passbook from the EPFO portal:
- Log in to www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Go to ‘Our Services’ tab on the top left corner of the webpage and select ‘For Employees’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Member Passbook’ option under ‘Services’.
- Enter your UAN and password.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- After 6 hours of completing registration with the Unified Member Portal, the EPF passbook will be available.
EPFO members can't view e-passbook for settled, inoperative, and negative balance EPF accounts.
Get EPF Statement using EPFO App
- Employees can download the m-sewa app from the Google Play store.
- Click on the 'Member' tab and go to 'Balance/Passbook'.
- Enter UAN and registered mobile number.
- The app will verify the mobile number, following which the updated EPF balance details can be viewed and also download or printed in PDF format.
What are the Benefits of Registering with the EPFO Portal?
- EPFO members who are registered with the EPFO portal can download or print their updated EPF passbook anytime they want.
- They can also download or print their UAN card.
- They can update their Know Your Customer (KYC) details on the EPFO website.
- They can check their EPF balance online.
What are the Details/Information available in EPF Statement?
- EPFO member KYC details such as name, date of birth (DOB), Aadhaar number, date of joining EPFO, and the ID, name, and address of the establishment will be available on the EPF statement.
- EPF number of the EPFO member is a unique alphanumeric code which will be mentioned in the EPF statement. The code contains the state, regional office, establishment ID, and the EPF code of the member.
- The EPF statement will have the Universal Account Number (UAN) of the EPFO member. It is a 12-digit number that is unique to each member. Only one UAN is allocated to an employee regardless of job changes.
- Not unlike a bank account statement, the EPF statement will contain the opening balance of the employee and employer contributions to the EPF account. The opening balance also includes the accrued interest till the previous financial year.
- Monthly contributions made by the employee and the employer are also reflected in the statement with the dates.
- If an employee has opted for Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF), then the VPF contributions made by the employee is reflected in the EPF statement separately.
- Accrued interest is the interest earned on the contributions made to the EPF account and it is credited once per year. The EPF statement will have the interest rate and the interest calculations. The EPF interest rate is revised by the government of India on a quarterly basis.
- If the employee has made any premature withdrawals from the EPF account, then the same will be reflected in the EPF statement.
- Closing balance of the contributions, accrued interest, and withdrawals will be mentioned in the EPF statement. This balance will be carried forward as opening balance for the next financial year.
Note: The EPF e-Passbook is available to those whose employer has uploaded the e-Challan and return.
Remember the following while downloading EPF e-Passbook:
- Only one mobile number can be used for one registration.
- You can however edit the mobile number later on.
- You can see only one EPF account under one establishment.
- You can transfer old EPF account to the new one.
- You will not be able to see settled or inoperative accounts.
- You can register using different ID proofs and mobile number to check the details of the different accounts.
- Your EPF e-Passbook will contain the month and date wise transactions made in your account from the year in which the annual accounts were updated for the establishment.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.