We live in a world where everything is available to us at the touch of a button, a world where the internet has revolutionized the way we live. There is no doubt that the internet has changed the way the world functions, offering a new degree of ease and convenience to us, simplifying the way we work. Keeping up with times has meant that government initiatives are also available to us online, eliminating middlemen and fast-tracking the process. The Employees’ Provident Scheme has also migrated to an online platform, offering features like online EPF transfer to employees across the country.
Steps for Online EPF Transfer
There is a possibility that an employee might find better job offers and shift companies in his/her pursuit for growth. While changing jobs is easy, transferring your EPF can be a hard task, involving time and effort on your part. To minimize the effort involved, the government has introduced online EPF transfer, ensuring your time is used for the important things in life. Individuals who wish to transfer their EPF need to follow these basic steps.
- Log onto the official website of the Employees Provident Fund Organization. One then needs to choose the section titled “Online transfer claim portal”
- Check eligibility – are you eligible to apply online? In certain cases a physical copy of Form 13 should be submitted to the previous or current employer
- Log in with the necessary details. For this a member ID is required and an employer should be registered on the portal
- One needs to choose the “request for transfer of funds” tab under the claims section
- Fill Form 13 with details including PF number from both previous and current organization. Details will appear on the screen on pressing the “click here to get details” tab
- Verify details like date of joining/leaving work, father/spouse’s name to ensure that amount will be transferred to the right account
- Choose between getting the claim attested by the current or previous employer
- Choose the tab which says “Get Pin” and agree to the terms in the declaration
- A PIN will be sent to the registered mobile number and the application will be submitted
- A tracking ID will be generated. This can be used to keep a track of the process
- One needs to take the printout of the form and sign it. This form needs to be submitted to the employer within 15 days of obtaining it
- Contact details of authorized signatories will be shown. These details should be taken down for future reference
- The previous and present employer will verify the details mentioned in the form
- Approval of both the employers is needed before funds are credited to the account number
- Employer is expected to verify authenticity and signature of employee
Basic Requirements of EPF Transfer
There are a few basic points which an employee should remember before initiating an online EPF transfer.
- Both the present and previous PF account number of an employee should be entered in the EPFO database for an employee to be eligible for online fund transfer
- The digital signature of authorized signatories should be registered with the EPFO. It is the duty of the employer to ensure this registration is done
- An employee should know the PF number and the branch office where his/her employer maintains an EPFO fund.