The Universal Account Number (UANUAN) registration and activation online help in accessing all the information available in the account of an individual on the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). After registration and activation, which can be done in just a few minutes, you will be able to do everything from viewing your account balance to withdrawing your Provident Fund (PF) amount, as required, completely online. You can then access your EPFO account from anywhere using a computing device with an internet connection at any time of the day or night, making it very convenient and easy to manage.
Steps to UAN Registration & Activation
In order for individuals to activate their UAN, it is mandatory that they know their UAN number, Member ID, Aadhaar number, or PAN. The procedure that must be followed by employees to activate their UAN is mentioned below:
- Step 1:First, employees must visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Step 2: Next, the employee must click on ‘Activate UAN’.
- Step 3:On the next page, the employee must enter their UAN, Member ID, Aadhaar number, or PAN.
- Step 4:Next, the employee must fill up details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, and captcha.
- Step 5:Once the above details are filled, the employee must click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- Step 6:The employee will receive the PIN on their mobile number that has been registered with the UAN.
- Step 7:On the next page, the employee must enter the OTP, check the ‘I Agree’ disclaimer checkbox, and click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- Step 8:The employee will receive password details on the registered mobile number.
- Step 9:The employee must use their UAN, password, and captcha details to log in to the EPFO portal portal. . Employees are also allowed to change the password that they have received on their registered mobile number.
- Step 10:In case employees forget the password, they will be able to reset the password on the EPFO portal. However, employees will need to know their UAN in order to reset the password.
Link Your Aadhaar with Your UAN and PF
- Step 1: First, download the Umang App
- Step 2: Choose 'eKYC services'
- Step 4: Click on 'Aadhaar Seeding Option'.
- Step 5: Enter your UAN
- Step 6: Get the OTP.
- Step 7: Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Step 8: You will get one more OTP on your mobile
- Step 9: Your Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN.
Biometric Credentials on e-KYC Portal
- Step 1: Go to the website https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/
- Step 2: Choose 'Link UAN Aadhaar'
- Step 3: Enter your UAN.
- Step 4: You will get an OTP on your mobile number.
- Step 5: Enter your Aadhaar details.
- Step 6: Select your Aadhaar verification method
- Step 7: The biometric will be captured
- Step 8: Your UAN will be linked to Aadhaar
OTP Verification on EPFO e-KYC Portal
- Step 1: Log into the EPFO Portal
- Step 2: Choose ‘For employees’
- Step 3: Select 'Link UAN Aadhaar'.
- Step 4: Enter your UAN and mobile number.
- Step 5: You will get an OTP on your mobile number.
- Step 6: Enter your Aadhaar details
- Step 7: Choose your Aadhaar Verification Method
- Step 8: You will get an OTP on your mobile number
- Step 9: Your Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN.
On EPFO portal
- Step 1: Log into the Unified Portal of EPFO: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ .
- Step 2: Choose Manage Tab
- Step 3: Select 'KYC'
- Step 4: Select your Aadhaar
- Step 5: Enter your Aadhaar number and name
- Step 6: Click on Save
- Step 7: It will be 'Pending KYC', which will be approved.
Documents Required for UAN Activation
- Aadhaar card
- PAN Card
- Driving licence
- Voter ID
- Bank account details and IFSC
- Proof of Address
- ESIC Card
FAQs on UAN Registration & Activation
- How is UAN Generated?
- What is the URL of the EPFO Member Portal?
- Can I Change My Mobile Number or E-Mail ID in the UAN Member Portal?
- Procedure to Allocate UAN to New Employees
- How to Correct Personal Details in UAN?
- What is the Procedure of Uploading KYC Document in the UAN Member Portal?
- My photograph does not appear on my UAN card at all. What can be done?
- Is it possible to upload my KYC document through the UAN Members e-Sewa portal?
- Why does the Universal Account Number list all previous member IDs?
- Will the UAN facility be available to non-permanent Government employees, i.e., the contract-based workforce?
- My personal details are incorrect in the UAN card. How can I get these corrected?
- Why am I allocated two Universal Account Numbers?
- What is the Procedure of Allocating a UAN to New Employees?
- Can My Employer see the UANs Allotted to its Employees?
UAN is generated for each PF account holders by the Employee Provident Fund Organization and made available to employers on the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP).
The URL of the EPFO member portal is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Yes, you can change your mobile number and email in the UAN portal. What you have to do is to go to the profile menu and select the option called “Edit Mobile No" or “Edit Email ID" where you need to enter your new mobile number or e-mail id.
As soon as you join a new company, your employer will collect your previous PF account details, make verification and then forward the same to the EPFO to generate the UAN. The employer will then pass on the UAN once the EPFO generates it.
Employees should submit their correct details which employers will verify and send to the concerned officer. After proper verification, the correct information will be updated in the UAN portal.
You can upload your KYC document in the portal by using Bulk KYC Text File Upload.
Currently, it is not possible to get your photograph on the UAN card. The photo will appear on the card after you update your KYC of Aadhaar, and it will be picked up directly from the Aadhaar database. This facility is being configured now and will be available to you soon.
Yes, this is possible. You will have to go to the menu option ‘Profile’ and select ‘Update KYC Information’. This enables you to upload the KYC document from your local system. This document will have to be approved by the employer; until then the status of the KYC will appear as ‘Pending’.
The Universal Account Number was configured to consolidate multiple Member Identification Numbers (Member Ids) that were allocated to a single member. This is intended to help a member view his Member IDs and further enable him to check his eligibility for online transfer of PF amounts. However, in the future, members would be required to disclose their previous Member IDs or UAN to the new employer in Form-11; hence eliminating the need to list these Member IDs in the UAN. The linking will be done automatically from the information in the Form-11 document.
The UAN facility is available to all members who contribute towards EPFO. This is inclusive of contract-based employees, as well.
You should submit the correct information to your employer, along with relevant proof. The employer will validate and submit this information to the concerned field office. Since the UAN card is dynamic, it will be automatically updated.
If there are two Universal Account Numbers allotted to you, this could be because your previous employer did not file your date of exit, and the transfer of service to your current establishment was made as well. In such a scenario, you should immediately report the issue either to your employer or send an email to email@example.com, mentioning your UANs. After verification, the previous UAN will be blocked, and the latest UAN will be active. Subsequently, you will be required to submit a request for the transfer of service and funds to the active UAN.
If your UAN is not generated by your previous employer, your new employer will collect the required information such as your previous employer details and PF Account number, verify it and forward the information to EPFO for UAN generation. Once UAN is generated by EPFO, it will be communicated to your current employer who will then make it available for you.
Yes, your employer can see the UANs allotted by EPFO to its employees. Any employer can view the UANs allotted to employees by visiting the UAN member portal and clicking on the “UAN Menu”. In the menu, there will be an option called “Download UAN List’. By clicking on this option, employers would be able to see the UANs allotted to its employees. Besides, they can also download the PDF version of the same. For any queries, employers can contact the toll-free no: 1800-118-005 or email EPFO.