The primary aim of setting up the EPF was to improve the quality of life of employees and offer them social security and benefits. This initiative aims to simplify the relationship between an employer and his/her employee, building a conducive work atmosphere which propels an organization to greater heights. Maintaining track of this relationship would’ve been a hassle, if not for the introduction of various forms, each designed to fulfill a specific purpose. These forms simplify management, enabling both the employer and employee to utilize their time effectively.
|Form Name||EPF Form 11|
|Submitted for||Basic information of Employee|
|Eligibilty||above Rs 6,500 per month|
|Due Date||25th of the month.|
|Importance for||Employee and Employer|
|Benefits for||Helps employers keep track of new employees|
Every employee needs to submit a declaration when he/she takes up new employment in an organization which is registered under the EPF Scheme of 1952. This form contains basic information regarding an employee and it is mandatory for an employee to fill it upon joining an organization. An employee, through this form, can choose whether he/she would like to be a part of the Provident Fund structure in the current place of work. Employees with a salary above Rs 6,500 per month or those who have withdrawn their previous provident fund amount can decide whether or not they want to be part of EPFO scheme at their workplace.
Contents of Form 11
The revised structure of EPF Form 11 requires employees to fill in the following information.
- Name of employee
- Date of Birth of employee
- Father’s/Husband’s name
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Relationship of employee with Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme and EPS (Employees’ Pension scheme) whether he/she was a member of these schemes
- Previous employment details, including UAN, last working day and scheme certificate number
- Educational credentials
- Marital status
- KYC details including bank account number, Driving license/election card, etc.
- If an employee is a foreigner, then passport number is required
An employer is also expected to provide a declaration stating certain facts regarding the information provided by an employee. This declaration contains the following details.
- Date of employee joining work
- PF ID number assigned to employee
- UAN number of employee
- Verification of KYC credentials