Since the introduction of the UAN in 2014, all processes related to the EPF have been made simpler and faster. The UAN, which is a 12 digit unique code, links the PF accounts of PF members, and has sped up several processes that would usually take days and months on end. Now with the UAN, an employee can link all his PF accounts and manage it under his/her UAN account. Using the UAN, an employee can now transfer funds, make withdrawals and check their balance. Now, just by linking the UAN with one’s Aadhaar card, an employee doesn’t require the attestation of their employer to approve their claim. To activate one’s UAN, one of the requirements is to upload one’s KYC document. The KYC document contains essential details mentioned in one’s Aadhaar card, Driver’s license, Passport, PAN card, Bank account number, Election and ration card. While it is not mandatory to upload one’s KYC document, having your KYC details embedded in the EPF UAN portal makes processes requiring verification faster.
How to upload KYC details in EPF UAN
To upload the KYC document on the EPF UAN, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the EPFO’s member portal http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
- Once the page is displayed on your screen, click on profile on the top bar. From the drop down list, click on ‘upload KYC document’.
- Once you have clicked on that, select the KYC information you wish to update.
- Next, you will have to upload a scanned self-attested copy of the KYC document. The document should be either in jpg, pdf or png format, and keep in mind that the maximum file size of your KYC document does not exceed 300 KB.
- Once you have uploaded the document, the status of your KYC document will show as pending. Only once your employer has verified the document and approved of it, the status will show as ‘approved by employer’.
- Once your employer has approved your document, you will receive an SMS confirming the same.
- From then on, the verification process when you make a claim will be much faster and you can expect an approval in no time.
Process of embedding KYC details in EPF UAN
- Once your employer has verified and found the details matching and legitimate, he/she will digitally attest the document.
- Once your document has been approved, authorities of the EPFO will then verify your approved document to see if there is any mismatch, discrepancies and so on.
- If your documents hasn’t been approved you can contact the EPFO’s helpline - 1800 118 005 -or mail them at email@example.com.
- Once this is all done, if you raise a claim, the verification process will be done in no time and your personal KYC details will be embedded in the EPF UAN system.
Key points to Note
- While filling the details of yous KYC document, one has to make sure that there are no discrepancies with regard to the details that you have entered from your KYC documents such as Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN card, driver’s license and so on.
- After you have uploaded your document, the process of approval from your employer will take 2-3 days roughly.
EPF member who have their KYC details embedded in the portal usually get their claims, withdrawals, transfers, etc., approved much faster and the process is simpler for both, the employee and the employer.