Since the introduction of the UAN in 2014, all processes related to the EPF have been made simpler and faster. The UAN, which is a 12 digit unique code, links the PF accounts of PF members, and has sped up several processes that would usually take days and months on end. Now with the UAN, an employee can link all his PF accounts and manage it under his/her UAN account. Using the UAN, an employee can now transfer funds, make withdrawals and check their balance.
Now, just by linking the UAN with one’s Aadhaar card, an employee doesn’t require the attestation of their employer to approve their claim. While it is not mandatory to upload one’s KYC document, having your KYC details embedded in the EPF UAN portal makes processes requiring verification faster.
How to Upload KYC Details in EPF UAN
To upload the KYC document on the EPF UAN, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the EPFO’s member portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ Use your UAN and Password and fill up the Captcha to log in to the portal.
- After logging in to the portal, go to the “Manage” option from the top menu bar.
- Once you have clicked on that, select the “KYC” option from the drop-down menu.
- After clicking on the “KYC” option, you will be redirected to a new page which will contain a list with different “Document Type” and respective fields next to them which are to be filled up with the details of the document.
- Click on the checkbox next to the document type that you want to update and fill in the “Document Number” and “Name as per Document” fields.
- Once you have updated the details click on the “Save” option.
- Once you have updated the details of your document, the status of your KYC document will be shown under the “KYC Pending for Approval” column. Once your employer has verified the document and approved of it, the status will be shown under the “Digitally Approved KYC.”
- Once your employer has approved your document, you will receive an SMS confirming the same.
Process of Embedding KYC Details in EPF UAN
- Once your employer has verified and found the details matching and legitimate, he/she will digitally attest the document.
- Once your document has been approved, authorities of the EPFO will then verify your approved document to see if there is any mismatch, discrepancies and so on.
- If your documents have not been approved you can contact the EPFO’s helpline - 1800 118 005 -or mail them at email@example.com.
- Once this is all done, if you raise a claim, the verification process will be done in no time and your personal KYC details will be embedded in the EPF UAN system.
Key Points to Note
- While filling the details of your KYC document, one has to make sure that there are no discrepancies with regard to the details that you have entered from your KYC documents such as Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN card, driver’s license and so on.
- After you have uploaded your document, the process of approval from your employer will take 2-3 days roughly.
EPF member who have their KYC details embedded in the portal usually get their claims, withdrawals, transfers, etc., approved much faster and the process is simpler for both, the employee and the employer.
1. Is it mandatory to update KYC details online?
No, it is not mandatory to update KYC details online. However, updating KYC will keep your data up to date. It will also help in reducing the time required for transfer of EPF money from one account to another and for withdrawal of EPF amount.
2. Do I need to upload documents on the EPFO Portal?
No, you are not required to upload documents on the EPFO Portal. Just the name as per the document and the document number must be specified.
3. How long does it take for KYC documents to be approved?
It generally takes 3 to 5 working days for the documents to be reviewed and approved.
4. To view the status of the documents, am I required to visit the UAN Portal daily?
No, you are not required to visit the UAN portal every day. You will be notified by SMS once the documents are reviewed and approved.
5. Whom should I contact for any queries regarding the UAN EPFO portal?
Regarding queries, you can contact EPFO Helpdesk on their number, which is 1800 118 005. For Technical support, you can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- PF Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- PF Statement
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.