Ever since the Universal Account Number was introduced in 2014, all processes associated with Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) have become easier and quicker. You will need the UAN to upload your KYC documents on the EPFO.
Documents can be uploaded by linking the UAN with the Aadhaar. While it is not mandatory to upload one’s KYC document, having your KYC details embedded in the EPF UAN portal makes processes requiring verification faster.
How to Upload KYC Details in EPF UAN
Step 1: Visit the EPFO’s member portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Step 2: Use your UAN and Password and fill up the Captcha to log in to the portal.
Step 3: Then click on the ‘Manage’ option from the top menu bar.
Step 4: Next, select the ‘KYC’ option from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: You will be redirected to a new page that contains a list with different ‘Document Type.’
Step 6: Click on the checkbox next to the document type you want to update.
Step 7: Fill in the details of the document in the respective field.
Step 8: Click on ‘Save’ option after updating the details.
Step 9: Once the details are updated, your KYC document status will be shown under the ‘KYC Pending for Approval’ column.
Step 10: The status will appear under the ‘Digitally Approved KYC’ after approval from your employer.
Step 11: You will be notified through SMS, once your employer approved your document.
Process of Embedding KYC Details in EPF UAN
- Once your employer has verified and found the details matching and legitimate, he/she will digitally attest the document.
- Once your document has been approved, authorities of the EPFO will then verify your approved document to see if there is any mismatch, discrepancies and so on.
- If your documents have not been approved, you can contact the EPFO’s helpline - 1800 118 005 or mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- Once this is all done, if you raise a claim, the verification process will be done in no time, and your KYC details will be embedded in the EPF UAN system.
Key Points to Note
- While filling the details of your KYC document, you have to make sure that there are no discrepancies with regard to the details that you have entered from your KYC documents such as Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN card, driver’s license and so on.
- After you have uploaded your document, the process of approval from your employer will take 2-3 days roughly.
EPF member who have their KYC details embedded in the portal usually get their claims, withdrawals, transfers, etc., approved much faster and the process is simpler for both, the employee and the employer.
- Is it mandatory to update KYC details online?
- Do I need to upload documents on the EPFO Portal?
- How long does it take for KYC documents to be approved?
- To view the status of the documents, am I required to visit the UAN Portal daily?
- Whom should I contact for any queries regarding the UAN EPFO portal?
No, it is not mandatory to update KYC details online. However, updating KYC will keep your data up to date. It will also help in reducing the time required for transfer of EPF money from one account to another and for EPF withdrawal amount.
No, you are not required to upload documents on the EPFO Portal. Just the name as per the document and the document number must be specified.
It generally takes 3 to 5 working days for the documents to be reviewed and approved.
No, you are not required to visit the UAN portal every day. You will be notified by SMS once the documents are reviewed and approved.
Regarding queries, you can contact EPFO Helpdesk on their number, which is 1800 118 005. For Technical support, you can contact them on email@example.com.