For settling a PF account, Form 19 has to be filled and submitted by the individual. This form can be easily obtained and is available in the official website of EPF. Form 19 is required if you want to withdraw the PF balance.
A member has to fill up form 19 for settlement of his PF account.PF settlement form (Form 19) can be easily obtained by downloading it from the official EPF website at www.epfindia.org.in. A member has to fill in the required details before submitting the form to his or her previous employer. In several cases, salaried persons may not remember their EPF account numbers, in which case, they can make an official request to the human resources department of their companies, which in turn, may establish contact with the ex-employers of their employees.
|Form Name||Form 11 or Composite Form|
|KYC Documents||Aadhaar number, bank account details|
|Submitted for||Auto Online PF Transfer|
|Services||Provident Fund (PF)|
The members can contact their ex-employers on their own to obtain the required information. In some cases, ex-employers may shut shop while there have been instances wherein salaried employees may have quit their establishment under unfavourable circumstances, which may make it difficult for them to contact their previous employers. Nevertheless, members can fill up their PF Settlement Form (form 19) providing all details, following which, they have to get it attested by their bank manager (where they have their EPF account). Members have to provide personal details in addition to the proof of identity. Form 19 should then be submitted to the regional PF manager for approval and seal of authentication (click the ‘establishment search’ tab on the official EPF website for details).
Required Details for Form 19 (PF Final Settlement)
PF Settlement Form allows members to withdraw their PF balance after quitting their job, superannuation, termination or at the time of retirement. Under no circumstances, can any establishment or organisation can stop members from withdrawing from their EPF balance. Form 19 requires members to fill in the following details:
- Name of the member (Should be filled clearly in capital letters. It is important to note that the name in form 9/5, bank account and claim form should not differ).
- Father’s name (Should be filled in legible, capital letters. It is important to note that the name in form 9/5, bank account and claim form should not differ).
- Date of birth
- Name and complete address of the establishment/factory (including pin code)
- PF account number (format: state/office/establishment code/account number). The allotted account number stays the same until the member quits the factory/establishment and transfers the fund to the new employer.
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Joining Date (establishment)
- Date of leaving service
Reason for leaving service
- Voluntary retirement scheme
- Migrating abroad (permanently)
- Resigning (claim should be submitted after two months of leaving service. Women who leave service to get married are however, given immediate settlement)
- Service terminated due to ill-health of the member, discontinuation of the business of the employer or any other factor beyond the member’s control
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Copies of form No. 15G/15H
- Complete postal address of the member (house number, street name, block, city, state, pincode)
- Payment mode (For accumulations below Rs.2000, payment is made through money order while for amounts above Rs.2000, payment is made through cheque).
- Savings bank account number, bank name and address in addition to IFSC code. It important to note that the account payee cheque is sent to the scheduled bank which maintains the savings bank account of the member. Full address of the bank branch should, therefore, be furnished.
- Signature of the member
- Advance stamped receipt (in case of payments via cheque, this receipt must be signed by the member. A one rupee revenue stamp should be affixed by the member while the amount will be filled by OIC at the office of EPFO).
- Contribution for the current financial year (information about PF contribution along with wages must be provided. Alternatively, form 3A attested by the employer can be submitted).
Signature of the employer plus seal of the employer. In case the factory/ establishment has been shut down, attestation can be done from any of the officials listed below:
- Gazetted officer
- Bank manager
- Chairman of municipal body
- Head of village panchayat
- Head of an educational institution (recognised)
- Central Board of Trustees
- Member of parliament/legislative assembly
- Liquidator (appointed by court)