All the EPF contributors can have a look at the e-passbook whenever they need to. This passbook can be downloaded any number of times in a month. The EPFO does not give any hard copy statement, but the statement can be downloaded online.
What is an EPF statement?
An EPF statement contains a record of your approved transactions of advances, settlement, transfer-in and transfer-out across various organizations in India where you have worked. It is a kind of e –passbook, an online version of your PF status. All transactions done as per month and date will be included in statement or e-passbook. Apart from offering updated status of your PF account, the EPF statement will also include your personal details such as your name and date of birth.
How to download my e-passbook/statement online
EPF contributors can download their e-passbook as and when required. In fact, it can be downloaded multiple times in a month. The Employee Provident Fund Organization does not provide any hard copy of annual provident fund statement. Employees can download their EPF account statement online by using the new e-passbook facility available on the EPFO website. In order to view and download your e-passbook, you need to register with EPFO. You need to enter the following information to register with EPFO:
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Any of the following KYC documents (PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport and Driving License etc.) and the number appearing on it.
- Email ID
Once, you are registered, you can view and download your EPF statement online. The facility of e-passbook or e-statement will be available for active PF contributors only.
Check your EPF balance online with e-passbook
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) has introduced a new e-passbook facility on its portal to enable its members to check their EPF balance online. The facility will allow subscribers to get details of their updated PF Status online. The facility is called the EPF Account Passbook through which you can download your e-passbook any number of times in a month. You can no longer avail the hard copy of the annual PF statement from the PF department.
You can access the e-passbook from the EPFO website only if you are registered on the site. The e-passbook can be downloaded online by entering the PF number, member name, and establishment code as mentioned in your PF slip.
What is an e-passbook?
e-passbook is an online PF status book which records an employee’s PF transactions and status. Date wise as well as month-wise transactions made in the EPF account of an employee can be tracked as it is displayed on the online e-passbook. Additional details such as name and date of birth of the employee is also available on the e-passbook.
Some of the features of an e-passbook are:
- It is available to active members only.
- E-passbooks cannot be availed for negative balance, inoperative, or settled EPF accounts.
- E-passbooks are not available for exempted establishments.
- Availing an online passbook requires its members to register themselves by providing all the required details.
The facility of e-passbook is presently only available to members who have uploaded the Electronic Challan Cum Return for the wage of May 2012 onwards. Registering on the EPFO portal does not require to create an id or password. All you need to do is use your mobile number and any identity proof such as PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, etc., to register and login. Once you enter your EPF account number and name, you must click on ‘Get PIN’. Upon clicking, the PIN is sent via SMS on your mobile. Authorisation via PIN is required every time you check your EPF balance or download your EPF balance.
However, only a registered employee can use the EPFO portal to download an online passbook. If an employee has left service or has retired before March 2012, he or she can an e-passbook upon request on the EPFO portal.
Steps to generate e-passbook
- Login to the EPFO site at the following address - http://members.epfoservices.in.
- Register on the site by giving the required details.
- Mention important information such as mobile number and date of birth.
- Add other details as prompted by the website.
- Click on the ‘Get Pin’ tab.
- The PIN is sent as an SMS to your mobile number for authorisation.
- Enter the same PIN on the link.
- You can login using your mobile number or document number.
- Click on download e-passbook.
- Select PF office state as per your respective state.
- Select PF office from the list given on the site.
- Select or enter the company PF code on the given tab.
- Mention your PF account number.
- Mention your name as per office records.
- Click on ‘Get PIN’.
- The PIN is sent to your mobile number.
- Update the same PIN on the link.
- You can get your e-passbook on the page after three working days.