EPF stands for Employees' Provident Fund. It is one of the most popular investment tools for salaried individuals working in government and private sector organizations. EPF is administered by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization of India (EPFO), which is a statutory body of the Government of India. Usually, any organization that has more than 20 employees, has to register with the Employee Provident Fund Organization and open provident fund accounts for its employees. An employee needs to make 12% of his/her basic salary as monthly contribution towards provident fund account. Out of this 12%, 8.33% goes towards Employee's’ Pension Scheme and 3.67% is invested in Employees’ Provident Fund account. For example, if your basic salary is Rs. 15,000, you will have to contribute Rs. 1800 per month as your contribution towards your Employee Provident Fund account.
What is an EPF statement?
An EPF statement contains a record of your approved transactions of advances, settlement, transfer-in and transfer-out across various organizations in India where you have worked. It is a kind of e –passbook, an online version of your PF status. All transactions done as per month and date will be included in statement or e-passbook. Apart from offering updated status of your PF account, the EPF statement will also include your personal details such as your name and date of birth.
How to check EPF statement online
EPF statements are available online on the official website of Employee Provident Fund Organization. The provision of receiving EPF balance statement online is only available for the employee provident fund contributors. The only thing you need to know is your employee provident fund number to access your EPF statement online
How to download my e-passbook/statement online
EPF contributors can download their e-passbook as and when required. In fact, it can be downloaded multiple times in a month. The Employee Provident Fund Organization does not provide any hard copy of annual provident fund statement. Employees can download their EPF account statement online by using the new e-passbook facility available on the EPFO website. In order to view and download your e-passbook, you need to register with EPFO. You need to enter the following information to register with EPFO:
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Any of the following KYC documents (PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Voter ID Card and Driving License etc.) and the number appearing on it.
- Email ID
Once, you are registered, you can view and download your EPF statement online. The facility of e-passbook or e-statement will be available for active provident fund contributors only.
Check your EPF balance online with e-passbook
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) has introduced a new e-passbook facility on its portal to enable its members to check their EPF balance online. The facility will allow subscribers to get details of their updated PF Status online. The facility is called the EPF Account Passbook through which you can download your e-passbook any number of times in a month. You can no longer avail the hard copy of the annual PF statement from the PF department.
You can access the e-passbook from the EPFO website only if you are registered on the site. The e-passbook can be downloaded online by entering the PF number, member name, and establishment code as mentioned in your PF slip.
What is an e-passbook?
E-passbook is an online PF status book which records an employee’s PF transactions and status. Date wise as well as month-wise transactions made in the EPF account of an employee can be tracked as it is displayed on the online e-passbook. Additional details such as name and date of birth of the employee is also available on the e-passbook.
Some of the features of an e-passbook are:
- It is available to active members only.
- E-passbooks cannot be availed for negative balance, inoperative, or settled EPF accounts.
- E-passbooks are not available for exempted establishments.
- Availing an online passbook requires its members to register themselves by providing all the required details.
The facility of e-passbook is presently only available to members who have uploaded the Electronic Challan Cum Return for the wage of May 2012 onwards. Registering on the EPFO portal does not require to create an id or password. All you need to do is use your mobile number and any identity proof such as PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, etc., to register and login. Once you enter your EPF account number and name, you must click on ‘Get PIN’. Upon clicking, the PIN is sent via SMS on your mobile. Authorisation via PIN is required every time you check our EPF balance or download your EPF balance.
However, only a registered employee can use the EPFO portal to download an online passbook. If an employee has left service or has retired before March 2012, he or she can an e-passbook upon request on the EPFO portal.
Steps to generate e-passbook
- Login to the EPFO site at the following address - http://members.epfoservices.in.
- Register on the site by giving the required details.
- Mention important information such as mobile number and date of birth.
- Add other details as prompted by the website.
- Click on the ‘Get Pin’ tab.
- The PIN is sent as an SMS to your mobile number for authorisation.
- Enter the same PIN on the link.
- You can login using your mobile number or document number.
- Click on download e-passbook.
- Select PF office state as per your respective state.
- Select PF office from the list given on the site.
- Select or enter the company PF code on the given tab.
- Mention your PF account number.
- Mention your name as per office records.
- Click on ‘Get PIN’.
- The PIN is sent to your mobile number.
- Update the same PIN on the link.
- You can get your e-passbook on the page after three working days.
- PF Withdrawal
- PF Status Online
- EPFO Login
- EPF Balance Check on Mobile
- EPF Contribution
- EPF Form 31
- Online PF Transfer
- EPF Registration
- PF Claim Form
- PF Settlement Form
- PF Transfer Form
- PF Withdrawal Rules
- PF Interest Calculator
- EPFO e Sewa
- UAN Registration
- PF Challan
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- Transfer PF Online
- Provident Fund Rules
- Gratuity Calculator
- UAN Login
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- PF Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- EPF Form 5
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- EPF Form 11
- PF Limit
- PF Nomination Form
- Form 2
- EPF Name Correction
- PF Account Number
- PF Withdrawal Forms
- SBI EPF Account
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- PF Act
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer
- PF Advance withdrawal
- How to withdraw PF online
- EPF - All about Employees Provident Fund
- Difference between GPF and PPF
- difference between epf and ppf
- difference between pf and ppf
- EPF Balance Check Online
- Tax free Withdrawal limit for PF
- PF Withdrawal Reasons
- PF Declaration Form for Annual Leave Encashment
- EPF Grievance Online
- PF Loan
- New EPF withdrawal Form
- UAN for PF Settlement
- EPF Withdraw without Employer Signature
- Check Employer EPF Contribution
- EPF Transfer after Job Change
- Merge Two UAN Accounts
- EPF KYC