A Quick Look at Bank of Baroda Debit Cards
- Bank of Baroda offers PIN and EMV Chip based customer friendly debit cards designed to give you maximum benefits with every spend.
- Get quick access to cash via 6900+ Bank of Baroda ATMs and over 1 lakh member bank ATMs.
- Enjoy shopping to the hilt with high withdrawal and spending limits at merchant locations and online.
- Bank of Baroda Debit Cards are available in Visa, MasterCard and RuPay variants
About Bank of Baroda
Headquartered in Vadodara, the Bank of Baroda is an Indian state-run banking and financial services organization with total assets amounting to over Rs.3.58 trillion. The bank was founded in the year 1908 and is the second largest bank in India, after State bank of India. Ranked 801 on the Forbes Global 2000 list, Bank of Baroda enjoys a worldwide presence with branches, subsidiaries and ATMs located across major countries like Australia, Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, UAE, UK, USA, New Zealand, Mauritius and many more.
Catering to a diverse client base comprising of corporate and retail customers, Bank of Baroda offers a suite of financial products and services which span across several verticals like consumer banking, corporate banking, finance, insurance, investment banking, mortgage, loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management and credit cards.
For cashless banking, Bank of Baroda has introduced a fleet of PIN and EMV Chip based debit cards in VISA, MasterCard and RuPay variants. For convenience of transacting, these debit cards can be used not only for cash withdrawals at 6900 plus ATMs but also for making purchases at merchant outlets and online shopping portals. However, customers must keep in mind that the bank allows 3 financial and non-financial transactions, free of charge, each month for Saving Account holders in major metro cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai. Beyond the third transaction, customers will be charged Rs.20 for every financial transaction and Rs.10 for every non-financial transaction. For customers in non-metro cities, the bank allows 5 free of charge transactions (financial and non-financial) each month.
Types of Debit Cards from Bank of Baroda
Visa Electron Debit Card
- A flexible debit card designed for convenience while shopping, travelling and dining.
- Features a daily spending limit of Rs.50,000 and cash withdrawal limit of Rs.25,000.
- This is a PIN based card which works with security verification to secure all your transactions.
Visa EMV Chip Debit Card
- An international debit card which can be used for ATM withdrawals, online transactions and making payments worldwide.
- Premium category debit card with higher daily withdrawal limit of Rs.1,00,000 and purchase limit of Rs.2,00,000 per day at PoS.
- This is an EMV Chip based card which requires a PIN number for the transaction to be completed.
Baroda MasterCard Gold Debit Card
- Designed for the Premium category customers of Bank of Baroda and can be used at all MasterCard enabled ATMs and merchant outlets.
- Features a high daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.50,000 and spending limit of Rs.1,00,000.
- This is a PIN based card which requires a PIN number for the transaction to be authorized.
RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card
- This is an international debit card which can be used at all RuPay enabled ATMs and merchant outlets
- The RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card features a high daily purchase limit of Rs.2,00,000 and ATM withdrawal limit up to Rs.1,00,000.
- Like other chip-based cards, this debit card also requires a PIN number to authenticate and secure transactions.
RuPay Debit Card
- This is a domestic use debit card introduced in association with NPCI and can be used only within India at RuPay enabled PoS and ATMs.
- Features high daily limits on transactions (Rs.50,000) and ATM withdrawals (Rs.25,000).
Non-personalized Debit Card
- This is a non-personalized debit card which will be given to customers at the time of opening an account.
- Being a RuPay debit card, it can be used only within India at all RuPay enabled merchant outlets and ATMs.
- Carries per day transaction limit of Rs.50,000 and cash withdrawal Rs.25,000.
RuPay Platinum Debit Card
For added convenience of cashless transactions, Bank of Baroda has introduced the RuPay Premium Debit Card. Introduced in association with NPCI, this RuPay Debit Card offers a host of benefits such as enhanced daily cash withdrawal limits of up to Rs 50,000 and purchase limit of Rs 1,00,000 for e-commerce and POS transactions. All online transactions done with this card are secured not only with a PIN but also a CVD2. You can this RuPay Debit Card at any Bank of Baroda interconnected ATMs located across India and also at NFS member bank ATMs. and also The RuPay Debit Card can also be used internationally at point of sale terminals and ATMs with the Diners Club international, Pulse or Discover logos. Cardholders are eligible for special offers when they activate their card and also for card related transactions.
RuPay Debit Card
Customers looking for a simple and hassle-free debit card to use within India needn’t look any further than the RuPay Debit Card offered by Bank of Baroda. This is a domestic use-only debit card which can be used at any RuPay enables ATM or point of sale terminal and comes with enhanced daily purchase limit of Rs. 50,000 and daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 25,000. Being a PIN enabled card, this RuPay Debit Card is very secure in terms of usage and significantly lowers the threat of misuse in case the card is lost of stolen. The RuPay Debit Card can be used at over 6,000 ATMs interconnected with the Bank of Baroda, at more than 100 NFS member banks which have over 1,18,000 ATMs located across the country, at all NPCI member bank ATMs and at all point of sale terminals which accept RuPay cards. All Bank of Baroda customers eligible to receive a debit card can opt for the RuPay Debit Card.
Offers and Deals
Being one of the major retailers of debit cards in the country, Bank of Baroda offers a host of exciting deals to its MasterCard, Maestro and Visa debit card holders. All MasterCard/Maestro debit card holders are entitled to exclusive offers and discounts on purchases from major online shopping, travel and entertainment portals like Myntra, Jabong, eBay, Cleartrip and BookMyShow. For its Visa debit card holders, Bank of Baroda introduces ‘The Grand Movie Sale’ which offers up to 50% off on movie tickets booked via the BookMyShow mobile app.
Benefits of Holding a Bank of Baroda Debit Card
There are multiple benefits which accompany the Bank of Baroda range of debit cards. Some of the notable benefits are as follows:
- Quick and hassle-free access to cash at over 6900 ATMs across the country.
- High per day transaction/purchase and cash withdrawal limits.
- Safe transactions with a PIN or Chip based security verification process.
- Make the most of your card by availing a host of exciting deals, offers and discounts meant only for Bank of Baroda debit cardholders.
Quick Tips for Using Your Debit Card
- To ensure the safety of your debit card, never disclose your debit card PIN number to anyone
- .It is advisable to carry out online transactions with merchants whose websites employ adequate transaction security services like Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- In case of loss or theft of card, please inform the bank immediately so your card may be blocked to prevent misuse of funds.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card FAQ’s
1. Do I need to have a separate password to use the RuPay PaySecure service with my Bank of baroda RuPay Debit Card?
No. You do not need a separate password to use the RuPay PaySecure service. All you need is the ATM PIN number of your Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card. The authentication process for the transaction requires other credentials like image selection and a pass phrase.
2. Is it mandatory to use the PIN number while making purchases with my Bank of Baroda Debit Card?
Yes, according to the RBI mandate, the PIN number is a must for all PoS transactions carried out with Bank of Baroda Debit cards.
3. Can I receive the OTP for transactions carried out with my Bank of Baroda Debit Card on my mobile phone?
Yes, you can choose to receive the OTP for a transaction on your mobile number which is registered with the Bank of Baroda.
4. Where can I use my Bank of Baroda RuPay debit card?
Since RuPay is a domestic card scheme, your Bank of Baroda RuPay debit card can be used only in India to withdraw money, make purchases and e-payments at RuPay enabled ATMs, merchant outlets and Points of Sale.
5. How can I secure my Bank of Baroda Visa debit card transactions while shopping online?
Customers holding a Bank of Baroda Visa debit card must sign up for the Verified by Visa (VBV), a secured online payment process which allows you to shop securely online.
6. In case money has been wrongly debited from your account following a card transaction., how many days will it take the bank to recredit the deducted amount back into my account?
In case of a wrong debit from your account, as per the regulations of the RBI, the bank may take up to 12 working days to re-credit the deducted amount back into your account.
7. In case the bank takes more than 12 working days to re-credit the wrongly deducted amount to my account, will I be eligible for any compensation caused due to this delay?
Yes, in case the bank takes more than 12 working days to re-credit the amount that has been wrongly deducted from a user’s account, the customer will be eligible to receive Rs.100 per day after the period of 12 working days. The amount will directly be credited to the user’s bank account, for which the customer will not have to make any claim.
8. In the unlikely event that the aforementioned compensation is not credited to the user’s account following a delay in re-credit, what can the customer do to escalate the issue?
In case the bank fails to credit the amount of compensation following delay in re-credit of wrongful debit, the aggrieved customer can directly escalate the complaint by lodging a complaint directly with the local Banking Ombudsman.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- Bank of Baroda Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Education Loan
- Bank of Baroda Car Loan
- Bank Of Baroda Car Loan Interest Rates
- Bank Of Baroda Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Bank of Baroda Personal Loan
- Bank of Baroda Used Car Loan
- Bank of Baroda RD Interest Rates
- Bank of Baroda Fixed Deposit Rates
- Bank of Baroda IFSC Code
- SBI Saving Account Interest Rate
- Zero Balance Account
- Best Bank in India
- Savings Account Interest Rate
- HDFC Saving Account
- High Interest Savings Accounts
- Axis Bank Minimum Balance
- PNB Saving Account Interest Rate
- ICICI Bank Minimum Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking
- Citibank Savings Account
- Yes Bank Saving Account
- RBL Bank Account Opening
- Kotak Saving Account
- Andhra Bank Online Account Opening
News About Bank of Baroda Debit Cards
IFFCO & Bank of Baroda Launch Co-Branded Debit Cards for Farmers
Bank of Baroda and IFFCO have launched co-branded debit cards targeted at farmers as part of a move towards a cashless economy. The cards, which come with an in-built overdraft limit of Rs.2,500 in a special savings bank account, can be used to purchase agricultural products at IFFCO counters.
As part of the launch, the bank’s Managing Director and CEO, Mr. P.S. Jayakumar, handed out debit cards to 51 farmers in the national capital.
As part of this initiative, 2 lakh debit cards will be issued to farmers at present, with most of them being issued in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
While the move is commendable, the debit cards can be used for purchasing IFFCO products only.
23rd May 2017
Bank of Baroda and IFFCO launch co-branded debit card
Following the demonetisation by the Modi-led government on high-value tenders, the government has taken rapid steps towards digitization and cashless transactions. Giving this digitization move a good push are banks across the country. Recently, Bank and Baroda and IFFCO have joined hands and have launched a co-branded debit card - with aiding farmers being their priority. IFFCO deals with manufacturing of agri-products, fertilizers and seeds. They also have 168 Farmers Service Centres (FSCs) and quite a number of e-bazaar stores. The Bank of Baroda and IFFCO’s co-branded debit card has been currently issued to farmers belonging to Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and soon will be distributed across the country as well. This co-branded debit card will help farmers make cashless transaction and it even has a built-in overdraft facility.
8th February 2017
Bank of Baroda Introduces MUDRA Debit Card
Bank of Baroda has launched “Baroda MUDRA Card”, a loan product for underbanked categories under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) scheme. This card can be used as debit card at ATMs for withdrawals from overdraft account or cash credit.
This MUDRA debit card will be issued to all PMMY borrower categories including KISHORE, TARUN and SHISHU. MUDRA loans are categorized into three segments such as SHISHU for ;loans up to Rs.50,000, KISHORE for loans from Rs.50,001 to Rs.5 lakh and TARUN for loans from Rs.5 lakhs to Rs.10 lakh.
25th September 2015
Special loan product by Bank of Baroda under PM’s Mudra Yojan
Bank of Baroda, country’s renowned public bank has introduced a customized loan product for those people hailing from unbanked or underbanked rural or semi-urban regions. It is named as Baroda MUDRA Card, which serves the dual purpose of a debit card aside from being the loan product. You can withdraw from money credit as well as overdraft account at any Point of Sale or ATM.
This product is backed by the esteemed Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) policy which was initiated by the government this April to "fund the unfunded". This scheme basically targets non-agricultural SMEs in trade and commerce with credit requirements up to ten lacs. It will be given to every PMMY applicants.
These mortgages are segmented into three, which is as follows:
- SHISHU - Up to INR 50,000
- KISHORE – From INR 50,001 to INR Five Lacs
- TARUN – Between INR 5 lacs to INR 10 lacs
24th September 2015
RuPay Platinum Debit Card by Bank of Baroda enters the Premium Card Segment
Bank of Baroda has recently launched a premium debit card - RuPay Platinum, in conjunction with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The move is directed at providing better offers to the bank’s customers.
RuPay Platinum Debit cards will be coming with a Rs. 2 lakh insurance cover, cash back on bill payments and train ticket booking and conditional fuel surcharge waiver. The Mobile Store as well as Cafe Coffee Day will be providing activation offers for the card. Complimentary airport lounge access and concierge services are also being provided on this debit card.
In addition to this new card, the bank has also launched services like Card to Card Transfer and IMPS for RRBs (Regional Rural Banks). The first service makes things easier with transferring funds to other accounts or banks by utilising only the Debit Card number of the receiver instead of the IFSC code and account number. Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) being enabled for RRBs will allow fund transfer across more than 1800 branches of the RRBs of the bank in a much shorter span of time.
As per the MD & CEO of Bank of Baroda, Mr. Ranjan Dhawan, convenient service delivery to customers calls for digital innovation and implementation. The launch of the new card and the products are definitely in the same direction.
8th July 2015
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.