- Bank of Baroda offers PIN and EMV Chip based customer friendly debit cards designed to give you maximum benefits with every spend.
- Get quick access to cash via 6900+ Bank of Baroda ATMs and over 1 lakh member bank ATMs.
- Enjoy shopping to the hilt with high withdrawal and spending limits at merchant locations and online.
- Bank of Baroda Debit Cards are available in Visa, MasterCard and RuPay variants
About Bank of Baroda
Headquartered in Vadodara, the Bank of Baroda is an Indian state-run banking and financial services organization with total assets amounting to over Rs.3.58 trillion. The bank was founded in the year 1908 and is the second largest bank in India, after State bank of India. Ranked 801 on the Forbes Global 2000 list, Bank of Baroda enjoys a worldwide presence with branches, subsidiaries and ATMs located across major countries like Australia, Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, UAE, UK, USA, New Zealand, Mauritius and many more.
Catering to a diverse client base comprising of corporate and retail customers, Bank of Baroda offers a suite of financial products and services which span across several verticals like consumer banking, corporate banking, finance, insurance, investment banking, mortgage, loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management and credit cards.
For cashless banking, Bank of Baroda has introduced a fleet of PIN and EMV Chip based debit cards in VISA, MasterCard and RuPay variants. For convenience of transacting, these debit cards can be used not only for cash withdrawals at 6900 plus ATMs but also for making purchases at merchant outlets and online shopping portals. However, customers must keep in mind that the bank allows 3 financial and non-financial transactions, free of charge, each month for Saving Account holders in major metro cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai. Beyond the third transaction, customers will be charged Rs.20 for every financial transaction and Rs.10 for every non-financial transaction. For customers in non-metro cities, the bank allows 5 free of charge transactions (financial and non-financial) each month.
Types of Debit Cards from Bank of Baroda
Visa Electron Debit Card
- A flexible debit card designed for convenience while shopping, travelling and dining.
- Features a daily spending limit of Rs.50,000 and cash withdrawal limit of Rs.25,000.
- This is a PIN based card which works with security verification to secure all your transactions.
Visa EMV Chip Debit Card
- An international debit card which can be used for ATM withdrawals, online transactions and making payments worldwide.
- Premium category debit card with higher daily withdrawal limit of Rs.1,00,000 and purchase limit of Rs.2,00,000 per day at PoS.
- This is an EMV Chip based card which requires a PIN number for the transaction to be completed.
Baroda MasterCard Gold Debit Card
- Designed for the Premium category customers of Bank of Baroda and can be used at all MasterCard enabled ATMs and merchant outlets.
- Features a high daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.50,000 and spending limit of Rs.1,00,000.
- This is a PIN based card which requires a PIN number for the transaction to be authorized.
RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card
- This is an international debit card which can be used at all RuPay enabled ATMs and merchant outlets
- The RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card features a high daily purchase limit of Rs.2,00,000 and ATM withdrawal limit up to Rs.1,00,000.
- Like other chip-based cards, this debit card also requires a PIN number to authenticate and secure transactions.
RuPay Debit Card
- This is a domestic use debit card introduced in association with NPCI and can be used only within India at RuPay enabled PoS and ATMs.
- Features high daily limits on transactions (Rs.50,000) and ATM withdrawals (Rs.25,000).
Non-personalized Debit Card
- This is a non-personalized debit card which will be given to customers at the time of opening an account.
- Being a RuPay debit card, it can be used only within India at all RuPay enabled merchant outlets and ATMs.
- Carries per day transaction limit of Rs.50,000 and cash withdrawal Rs.25,000.
RuPay Platinum Debit Card
For added convenience of cashless transactions, Bank of Baroda has introduced the RuPay Premium Debit Card. Introduced in association with NPCI, this RuPay Debit Card offers a host of benefits such as enhanced daily cash withdrawal limits of up to Rs 50,000 and purchase limit of Rs 1,00,000 for e-commerce and POS transactions. All online transactions done with this card are secured not only with a PIN but also a CVD2. You can this RuPay Debit Card at any Bank of Baroda interconnected ATMs located across India and also at NFS member bank ATMs. and also The RuPay Debit Card can also be used internationally at point of sale terminals and ATMs with the Diners Club international, Pulse or Discover logos. Cardholders are eligible for special offers when they activate their card and also for card related transactions.
RuPay Debit Card
Customers looking for a simple and hassle-free debit card to use within India needn’t look any further than the RuPay Debit Card offered by Bank of Baroda. This is a domestic use-only debit card which can be used at any RuPay enables ATM or point of sale terminal and comes with enhanced daily purchase limit of Rs. 50,000 and daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 25,000. Being a PIN enabled card, this RuPay Debit Card is very secure in terms of usage and significantly lowers the threat of misuse in case the card is lost of stolen. The RuPay Debit Card can be used at over 6,000 ATMs interconnected with the Bank of Baroda, at more than 100 NFS member banks which have over 1,18,000 ATMs located across the country, at all NPCI member bank ATMs and at all point of sale terminals which accept RuPay cards. All Bank of Baroda customers eligible to receive a debit card can opt for the RuPay Debit Card.
Offers and Deals
Being one of the major retailers of debit cards in the country, Bank of Baroda offers a host of exciting deals to its MasterCard, Maestro and Visa debit card holders. All MasterCard/Maestro debit card holders are entitled to exclusive offers and discounts on purchases from major online shopping, travel and entertainment portals like Myntra, Jabong, eBay, Cleartrip and BookMyShow. For its Visa debit card holders, Bank of Baroda introduces ‘The Grand Movie Sale’ which offers up to 50% off on movie tickets booked via the BookMyShow mobile app.
Benefits of Holding a Bank of Baroda Debit Card
There are multiple benefits which accompany the Bank of Baroda range of debit cards. Some of the notable benefits are as follows:
- Quick and hassle-free access to cash at over 6900 ATMs across the country.
- High per day transaction/purchase and cash withdrawal limits.
- Safe transactions with a PIN or Chip based security verification process.
- Make the most of your card by availing a host of exciting deals, offers and discounts meant only for Bank of Baroda debit cardholders.
Quick Tips for Using Your Debit Card
- To ensure the safety of your debit card, never disclose your debit card PIN number to anyone
- .It is advisable to carry out online transactions with merchants whose websites employ adequate transaction security services like Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- In case of loss or theft of card, please inform the bank immediately so your card may be blocked to prevent misuse of funds.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card FAQ’s
Do I need to have a separate password to use the RuPay PaySecure service with my Bank of baroda RuPay Debit Card?
No. You do not need a separate password to use the RuPay PaySecure service. All you need is the ATM PIN number of your Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card. The authentication process for the transaction requires other credentials like image selection and a pass phrase.
Is it mandatory to use the PIN number while making purchases with my Bank of Baroda Debit Card?
Yes, according to the RBI mandate, the PIN number is a must for all PoS transactions carried out with Bank of Baroda Debit cards.
Can I receive the OTP for transactions carried out with my Bank of Baroda Debit Card on my mobile phone?
Yes, you can choose to receive the OTP for a transaction on your mobile number which is registered with the Bank of Baroda.
Where can I use my Bank of Baroda RuPay debit card?
Since RuPay is a domestic card scheme, your Bank of Baroda RuPay debit card can be used only in India to withdraw money, make purchases and e-payments at RuPay enabled ATMs, merchant outlets and Points of Sale.
How can I secure my Bank of Baroda Visa debit card transactions while shopping online?
Customers holding a Bank of Baroda Visa debit card must sign up for the Verified by Visa (VBV), a secured online payment process which allows you to shop securely online.
In case money has been wrongly debited from your account following a card transaction., how many days will it take the bank to recredit the deducted amount back into my account?
In case of a wrong debit from your account, as per the regulations of the RBI, the bank may take up to 12 working days to re-credit the deducted amount back into your account.
In case the bank takes more than 12 working days to re-credit the wrongly deducted amount to my account, will I be eligible for any compensation caused due to this delay?
Yes, in case the bank takes more than 12 working days to re-credit the amount that has been wrongly deducted from a user’s account, the customer will be eligible to receive Rs.100 per day after the period of 12 working days. The amount will directly be credited to the user’s bank account, for which the customer will not have to make any claim.
In the unlikely event that the aforementioned compensation is not credited to the user’s account following a delay in re-credit, what can the customer do to escalate the issue?
In case the bank fails to credit the amount of compensation following delay in re-credit of wrongful debit, the aggrieved customer can directly escalate the complaint by lodging a complaint directly with the local Banking Ombudsman.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- Bank of Baroda Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Education Loan
- Bank of Baroda Car Loan
- Bank Of Baroda Car Loan Interest Rates
- Bank Of Baroda Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Bank of Baroda Personal Loan
- Bank of Baroda Used Car Loan
- Bank of Baroda RD Interest Rates
- Bank of Baroda Fixed Deposit Rates
- Bank of Baroda IFSC Code
- SBI Saving Account Interest Rate
- Zero Balance Account
- Best Bank in India
- Savings Account Interest Rate
- HDFC Saving Account
- High Interest Savings Accounts
- Axis Bank Minimum Balance
- PNB Saving Account Interest Rate
- ICICI Bank Minimum Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking
- Citibank Savings Account
- Yes Bank Saving Account
- RBL Bank Account Opening
- Kotak Saving Account
- Andhra Bank Online Account Opening