Online shopping has been the boon for our generation, which values instant gratification. From hotels bookings to vegetables, clothes and shoes to washing machines, from cars to home loans, everything is now available online at the mere click of a button. However, online shopping has only been made possible with the invention of credits cards and debit cards. Speaking of debit cards, they have greatly facilitated the trend of online shopping with the convenience and flexibility which they offer. With your laptop, desktop or smartphone, you have access to almost anything you may wish to purchase, be it a product or service from any corner of the world. In India, there are various leading banks which offer debit cards designed for online shopping.
Here are the top 5 banks to offer such debit cards to customers.
ICICI offers a wide selection of debit cards which are ideal for online shopping. Being one of the leading banks to provide debit cards,, the bank has understood the needs of customers well and offers some of the most feature rich debit cards. These debit cards offer some exclusive features and benefits on online shopping at a variety of websites which offer products and services pertaining to travel, entertainment, utility, education, finance, wellness and more. These cards come are packed with features like high transaction limits, exciting cash back and offers, discounts and much more. Some of the most popular debit cards for online shopping are the ICICI Bank MasterCard World Debit Card, ICICI Bank Visa Signature Debit Card, ICICI Bank Women’s Debit Card, ICICI Bank Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card, among many others.
Another leading bank to offer debit cards is HDFC.The bank offer an extensive range of debit cards which have been designed to make shopping easier, quick and secure for you.With the HDFC debit cards, you get to enjoy a plethora of features and benefits on your online shopping transactions like cashback on every purchase, enhanced transaction security for online transactions by MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa channels. Also, from time to time, HDFC brings out special offers for online shopping transactions. Some of the most popular cards offered by HDFC for online shopping include the EasyShop Platinum Debit Card, EasyShop Titanium Royale Debit Card, EasyShop Debit Card and EasyShop Woman’s Advantage Debit Card.
Another leading bank to offer debit cards is Axis Bank. Designed to offer you a world of privileges and to complement your lifestyle, these debit cards give you access to exclusive discounts and offers for shopping. Make online shopping a breeze with the Axis Bank range of debit cards which feature enhanced security for your online transactions. With these debit cards, you can also pay your utility bills with just a few clicks. Some of the most popular debit cards offered by Axis Bank for online shopping include the Axis Bank Privee Debit Card, Priority Platinum Debit Card, Ladies first Debit Card, Titanium rime Debit Card, Titanium Rewards Debit Card, Gold Plus Debit Card, MasterCard Classic Debit Card.
Enjoy flexibility of hopping online from the comfort of your house with the Yes Bank range of debit cards. Enjoy browsing through online stores for a range of lifestyle needs like clothing, electronics, gifts, travel and holidays, consumer items, groceries and much more. Also, all your online transactions are secured each time you shop online. Also, you get to benefit from Yes Bank’s exclusive rewards program called Yes Rewardz or choose from a world of offers as part of the Yes Privileges program. Yes Bank offers a well appointed range of debit cards, some of which are Yes Bank Gold Debit Card, Yes Bank Silver Debit Card, Yes Bank EMV Platinum Debit Card, EMV yes First World Debit Card, EMV Yes First Business World Debit Card and more.
One of the most leading banks and provider of debit cards in India is IndusInd Bank. The bank has introduced a wide range of debit cards for customers, catering a wide range of lifestyle needs and choices. All these debit cards have been designed to not only offer greater value by way of exciting features, offers, reward points and much more. Enjoy online shopping like never before with accelerated reward points for making online transactions, high shopping limit of up to Rs 2.50,000 or online transactions. Enjoy exciting discounts and cashback offers when you shop at online stores. Some of the more popular debit cards offered by IndusInd for online shopping are Platinum Plus Debit Card, International Classic Visa Debit Card, International Gold Visa Debit Card, Maximum Platinum Visa Debit Card, Signature Debit Card and the Platinum Premier Debit Card.
Online Purchase Limit on The IndusInd Range of Debit Cards
Online Daily Shopping Limit
Platinum Plus Debit Card
International Classic Visa Debit Card
International Gold Visa Debit Card
Maximum Platinum Visa Debit Card
Platinum Premier Debit Card
FAQs of Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Q. How can I begin using my ICICI debit card for making purchases online?A. If you wish to activate your debit card for making purchases online or even at retail outlets, all you need to do is make a minimum of one cash withdrawal or balance enquiry transaction at any ICICI Bank ATM.
- Q. Is it safe to carry out an online transaction if the payment gateway does not ask for my PIN?A. To make an online transaction, you will be required to go through the MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa channel, which adds authentication to online transactions.
- Q. Will I be required to provide my 3D Secure Password at all online merchant sites?
A. No, you will not be asked to provide your 3D Secure Password by all merchant websites. Only those online merchants who have enrolled for this service will ask you to provide this code. However, it is mandatory for all merchants in India to be registered for this service for all online transactions.
- Q. Is 2nd level authentication mandatory for all online transactions done with my Debit Card?
A. As per the RBI, all online transactions must go through a 2nd level authentication when the transaction is carried out. Therefore, in order to complete an online transaction, debit cards must be registered for MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa. Also, online transactions can only be carried out by websites which are Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code channels.
- Q. Can I pay bills online using by HDFC debit card?
A. Yes, you can conveniently pay bills using your HDFC debit cards.
- Q. What is the percentage of cashback that I can avail on the HDFC Woman’s Advantage Debit Card for online shopping transactions?
A. You can get cashback up to 0.5% on your online shopping transactions using your this debit card.
- Q. What safety features do these cards carry?
A. The Yes Bank Debit Cards come with PIN and CHIP level of protection for secure online transacting.
- Q. Will I get updates or alerts for the transactions that I make with my debit card?
A. Yes, you will automatically get alerts on your registered mobile number for any transactions which you make with your debit card.
- Q. What do I do if I have lost my debit card?
A. In case of loss of debit card, please report the loss immediately to the bank.
- Q. How are my online transactions protected?
A. Axis Bank offers the Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code service to protect your online transactions at all times. You can easily register for any of these services, depending on whether you have a MasterCard or Visa debit card.
- Q. What safety feature do IndusInd debit cards carry for online shopping?
A. You can easily sign up for Verified by Visa to make secure online transactions, a feature common across all IndusInd debit cards.
- Q. Do I get any cashback or reward points for making online transactions with my IndusInd debit card?
A. Yes, you get to enjoy cashback and points for all your online transactions with the Accelerated IndusMoney Program.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.