An American multinational financial services corporation, MasterCard Worldwide, has its headquarters in New York, United states (in MasterCard International Global headquarters). The primary business of MasterCard Worldwide is to coordinate and process payments between the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks. MasterCard is also a global provider of debit and credit cards. MasterCard Worldwide has been a publicly traded company since 2006.
MasterCard Debit Cards have gained a huge popularity all across the world since it came into being. Customers swear by the swift service, impeccable customer care and lucrative benefits and rewards provided by the same.These type of debit cards have many features and advantage.
Features and Benefits
- MasterCard Debit Cards are accepted across the world
- MasterCard Debit Card holders can enjoy 24 hours of uninterrupted banking services
- You get to enjoy the convenience of cash access across the world. This also gives you the benefit of having secure access to your funds anywhere, anytime.
- With a MasterCard Debit Card you can get the twin facility of withdrawing cash from ATMs and also making purchases from merchant outlets, or online.
- MasterCard Debit Cards enable you to keep a detailed monthly record of all the purchases you have made during a particular month, which have been charged to your card.
- Not just MasterCard Debit cardholders but also Maestro and Cirrus customers are eligible to get access to more than 900,000 Maestro/Cirrus/MasterCard ATMs all over the world.
- Amongst the various ranges of MasterCard Debit Cards provided, the standard, enhanced and World Debit MasterCard are quite popular. These are primarily popular with the western customers.
- MasterCard Debit Cards provide its customers with a 24 hour active helpline. This can be used under emergency situations like loss or theft of card, especially when the cardholder is travelling abroad.
- Indian customers get the added advantage of contacting their card issuing bank directly for any information related to their account or report loss/theft of card. This is because all leading Indian banks issue MasterCard Debit cards.
- The card gives you the convenience of enjoying your dream vacation or paying for daily needs like groceries, by charging these expenses to your card. This mode of payment gives you freedom from paying by cash or cheques.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What benefits do I get to enjoy if I avail the World Debit MasterCard?
World Debit MasterCard customers enjoy enhanced transaction security, convenience, control and a host of premier benefits. They also experience high class customer service and access to privileged travel experience.
Can I use my MasterCard Debit Card outside India?
Yes, MasterCard Debit Cards have a worldwide acceptance. So, you can use your MasterCard Debit Card not just to withdraw cash, but also to make purchases. In fact, not just MasterCard Debit cardholders, but also Maestro and Cirrus customers are eligible to get access to more than 900,000 Maestro/Cirrus/MasterCard ATMs all over the world.
What am I supposed to do if lose my MasterCard Debit card or it gets stolen?
Since all leading banks in India issue MasterCard Debit cards, immediately notify the bank which has issued your card. They will provide assistance in blocking your card immediately, to prevent fraudulent transactions and activities through your card.
Is it possible to substitute carrying cash in my wallet with just carrying a MasterCard Debit Card?
Yes, of course. The USP of MasterCard Debit cards is the convenience, freedom and security it provides to the cardholders. In a similar vein, the card gives you the freedom to pay for daily needs like groceries or for something as exotic as buying tickets for a vacation. So, make use of all the privileges you are entitled to enjoy as a MasterCard Debit Card customer.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges