For those holding a savings account, checking one’s account balance is imperative. Not only does it help the customer keep a track of their finances and know how much they have spent and what is left in their account, but also help one keep track of any fraudulent activity and trace money that has been debited from their account for no reason. Indian Bank customers have 5 options when it comes to checking their account balance. They can either login to their internet banking account or the IndPay mobile app or they can make use of the phone banking facilities (via the missed call and SMS service) to check their account balance. For the phone banking facilities, the Indian Bank customer will have to ensure that their mobile number is registered with the bank. In addition, Indian Bank customers can also check their account balance at any bank ATM. For customers who wish to check their account balance via the aforementioned means, they can follow the steps as listed below.
Steps to check Indian Bank account balance through the SMS service
For customers who do not have an internet connection or online accounts with Indian Bank, they can resort to checking their account balance via the SMS facility. For this, the customer will have to register his/her mobile number at the home branch using the SMS banking application form and once he/she has received the MPIN and the confirmation message that his/her number has been registered, they can proceed to make use of the SMS facility. Steps to be followed:
- Register your mobile number with Indian Bank at the branch where your account is held.
- Once you have received the MPIN, send a message to Indian Bank at 94443-94443 in the format listed below to know your balance.
- Indian Bank will then respond to your request by sending you an SMS of the balance in your account.
Customers can not only check their account balance, but can also use the SMS service to request for a mini-statement as well as check the status of a cheque that they have issued. Customers should SMS Indian Bank at 94443-94443 in the format given below.
|Type of request||SMS Code||SMS Format|
|Regular balance enquiry||BALAVL||BALAVL <Ac no> <MPIN>|
|Request for mini-statement||LATRAN||LATRAN <Ac no> <MPIN> (or)
|To check status of cheque||CHQSTS||CHQSTS <chq no> <Ac no> <MPIN> (or)
CHQSTS <chq no> <MPIN>
|To check status of deposited cheque||DCHSTS||DCHSTS <chq no> <Ac no> <MPIN> (or)
DCHSTS <chq no> <MPIN>
|To change mobile banking PIN||CHGPIN||CHGPIN <New MPIN< <OMPIN>|
|For any bank related query||HELP||HELP <Code> <MPIN>|
Steps to check Indian Bank account balance via the missed call service
Provided that the customer has registered his/her mobile number with Indian Bank Account, he/she can proceed to use the missed call service to know their balance. To use this service, customers have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Customers have to register their number with Indian Bank to use the service.
- Once that is done, the customer has to give a missed call to 09289592895 to know their balance.
- Upon receiving a missed call from the customer, the bank will send the customer an SMS of the balance in their account.
Steps to know Indian Bank account balance through the online banking facility
For customers that have an internet banking account with Indian Bank, they can follow the steps mentioned below to check their account balance.
- Visit the Indian Bank online banking portal
- On the main page, choose the ‘personal banking’ option.
- Use your username and password to login to your account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions set by the bank to proceed.
- Once you have logged in, click on the ‘accounts’ tab on the left-side of the screen.
- As soon as you do that, the page will display the balance in your account. Click on ‘detailed statement’ to check your recent transactions.
Steps to know Indian Bank account balance through the IndPay mobile app
Indian Bank customers can also make use of the mobile app to check their account balance by following the steps mentioned below. First, the customer will be required to download the IndPay mobile app and register before he/she can carry out any banking procedure.
- Log in to your IndPay mobile banking app using your username and password.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Having logged onto the app, click on ‘accounts’.
- As soon as you have done that, the app will display the balance in your account. You can choose to go through the detailed statement of your account as well.
Check Related info about Indian Bank Mobile Banking
Steps to know Indian Bank account balance at an ATM
Indian Bank customers can also check their account balance at an ATM of their choice. Customers need to follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
- Visit an ATM closest to you.
- At the ATM, insert your Indian Bank debit card.
- Click on ‘balance enquiry’.
- The ATM will then display the balance in your account.
1. Is it possible to check the balance of another Indian Bank customer?
No, that would not be possible. You can only check the balance of your account
2. Are there any charges for using the Indian Bank SMS and missed call facility?
For the Indian Bank SMS facility, regular SMS charges will be applicable. Other than that, Indian Bank does not charge for both the SMS and the missed call facility.
3. Do I have to register my mobile number for the online banking facility and the IndPay app?
Yes, when registering for the internet banking facility and the IndPay app, you will have to register your mobile number. By registering your mobile number, you can change your password, and will receive notification messages for every transaction made using your internet banking account and IndPay mobile app.
4. To register for the SMS banking facility of Indian Bank, is it necessary to submit my KYC documents?
You will only have to fill in the application form for the SMS banking facility and submit it at the bank branch where your account is held. Submitting your KYC documents for this facility would not be necessary as you would have submitted them already when opening the account.
5. Is it possible to block a cheque being encashed through the SMS facility of Indian Bank?
No, you can only check the status of the cheque using the SMS facility. That said, you can block a cheque from being encashed using your internet banking account and through the IndPay mobile banking app.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account