About Indian Bank Debit Cards
Indian Bank was established in the year 1907 during the Swadeshi movement. One of the largest public sector banks in India, Indian bank has a vast footprint with over 2400 branches in India. With branches on Jaffna, Colombo and Singapore, Indian Bank has a strong presence in over 69 countries with 213 correspondent banks. A forerunner in specialized banking services, Indian Bank has exclusive branches for dealing with foreign transactions and SME operations. The bank offers an array of financial and banking services including loans, deposits and accounts and debit cards.
Indian Bank debit cards are carefully designed to offer the maximum benefits and convenience for the customers. Debit Cards offered by Indian Bank can be used for ATM withdrawal, online shopping and utility bill payments.
Features and Benefits of Indian Bank Debit Cards
The following advantages offered by Indian Bank debit cards makes it very popular choice amongst the customers.
- Indian Bank debit card can be used in more than 30,000 ATMs.
- Customers gain flexibility to make cash withdrawals 24/7 and also to make cheque deposits easily.
- Through ATM, customers can request for a cheque book using the card.
- The Maestro debit cards offered by Indian Bank can be used in over 1 million ATMs globally and 23 million Point of Sale (PoS) terminals worldwide.
- In India, the card can be used at over 15,000 ATMs and more than 1,50,000 merchant terminals.
- The debit card is issued at no extra cost and can be used at all ATMs of other major banks.
Eligibility for Indian Bank Debit Cards
To avail an Indian Bank debit card, you must hold a savings or current account with Indian Bank. For the eligibility criteria for savings and current accounts offered by Indian bank, do enquire with the nearest branch.
Documentation for Indian Bank Debit Cards
A customer might be asked to submit the following documents for Indian bank debit card.
- Identity proof – Passport, Voter ID etc.
- Address proof – Electricity Bill, Passport etc.
- Duly filled and signed application form
- Salaried applicants will be asked to submit proof of employment and salary slips.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges