Overview of Axis Bank
Axis Bank is the third largest private sector bank in India with a network of 2402 branches and 12,922 ATMs spread across the country. The bank also has its presence in the international arena with offices in Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong, Colombo and Shanghai. Axis Bank caters to a diverse clientele comprising of retail businesses, MSME, agriculturists and large and mid-corporates. Axis Bank holds the distinction of being the first Indian private sector bank to upgrade their representative office in Shanghai to a full-fledged overseas branch. With a wide spectrum of innovative banking products, Axis Bank provides an array of debit cards offering customers convenient cashless shopping, exciting discounts, rewards from the eDGE Loyalty program and personalized card designs. Axis Bank debit cards come with enhanced security features for purchase transactions on Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard SecureCode platforms.
What does your Axis Bank debit card offer?
- Customise and craft your own Axis Bank debit card with MyDesign!
- Higher withdrawal and purchase transaction limits on every Axis Bank debit card.
- Complimentary access to VIP airport lounges.
- Fuel surcharge waivers at petrol bunks across India.
- Enhanced insurance coverage for the primary debit card holder.
Types of Axis Bank debit cards
The Burgundy World Debit Card is a global card with lifestyle privileges tailor made to meet the requirements of a Premium banking customer. Loaded with benefits, this card offers higher transaction limits, dining and travel benefits, rewards redemption, free ATM withdrawal options and insurance coverage to a Premium debit card holder.
Wealth Account holders can design their own version of the Axis Bank Wealth Debit Card available with unlimited privileges, complimentary access, no issuance and annual fee charges, fuel surcharge waivers and free ATM withdrawal options.
Introduced mainly for Priority customers of Axis Bank, the Priority Platinum Debit Card offers 25% cashback on movie spends, fuel surcharge waivers, issuance and annual fee waivers and insurance coverage for the debit card holder.
Targeted at the younger generation, the Youth debit card can be procured by Axis Bank customers aged between 18 and 25. The card offers withdrawal and transaction limits of Rs 40,000/- per day, purchase protection, shopping and dining discounts, along with zero lost card liability options.
Designed exclusively for homemakers, the Ladies First Debit Card helps them manage their household finances better with a monthly spends tracker, interest on savings, spa and lifestyle privileges, rewards on grocery and apparel purchases, convenient transaction options and an instant debit card procurement process.
The Power Salute debit card is generally issued to defense personnel with a load of benefits like insurance coverage, issuance and annual fees waivers and free ATM withdrawals across India.
The NRI Domestic Titanium debit card comes with insurance benefits, purchase protection, zero lost card liability, 24/7 customer support mainly issued for NRO accounts.
Value Added Cards
As a rewards debit card holder, customers can be part of the Axis Bank eDGE rewards program enjoying privileges on shopping and dining and get other benefits like airport lounge access, 5% cashback on movie spends, higher transaction and withdrawal limits, fuel surcharge waivers and design their own Titanium Rewards Debit Card.
Let your Axis Bank debit card be a reflection of ‘You’. Choose or create an image of your choice to be printed on your debit card along with the variant of the card that you need. Depending on the type of card, Axis Bank will charge a nominal designing fee for every MyDesign debit card created.
Prime savings account holders can enjoy rewards program benefits, zero issuance charge, insurance coverage and higher purchase limits with their Titanium Prime Debit Cards.
Titanium Prime Plus Debit Card is an out and out shopping card offered to Prime Plus savings account holders, loaded with benefits like insurance coverage, 10% cashback on movie tickets, rewards program, zero issuance charges along with MyDesign options.
As an international debit card, the Visa Classic debit card offers enhanced protection to users as a chip or PIN enabled debit card along with unlimited shopping, dining, and travel benefits.
Commercial Debit Cards
The MasterCard Business Debit Card is a commercial card packed with attractive benefits, safety features and high transaction limits mainly for self-employed entrepreneurs, helping them manage their business expenses efficiently.
Your Axis bank debit card can be your business identity with your business name and logo printed on your card! Business banking customers can benefit immensely from the Business Platinum debit card with specially designed programs like Business Savings Plan and other value-added benefits helping them to efficiently manage their businesses. The card also offers other privileges like fuel surcharge waivers, insurance coverage, rewards program and airport lounge access.
Offering the best rewards program to its business banking customers, Axis Bank presents the Business Titanium Rewards debit card with enhanced insurance coverage and high transaction limits.
The Smart Privilege Debit Card is issued to women customers holding Smart Privilege accounts with Axis Bank. The card comes with withdrawal and purchase limits of up to Rs 1,00,000, rewards program and insurance coverage for the card holder.
Rewards+ Debit Card
Axis Bank presents the Rewards+ Debit Card, a contactless debit card which offers you a world of the most exclusive benefits and privileges. Making contactless debit card payments is now possible with your Rewards+ debit card which comes with high daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000 and a daily transaction limit of Rs 4 lakh. Enjoy a waiver on fuel surcharge when you swipe your card for fuel purchases and also enjoy up to 5% cashback on movie tickets booked online or purchased at the box office. Travel in comfort as your Rewards+ Debit Card provides you access to some of the finest airport lounges in cities like New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai. This card also offers you multiple insurance covers such as Personal Accident Cover Insurance (including Permanent Total Disability) worth Rs 3 lakh, Air Accident Cover worth Rs 1 crore, zero lost card liability and purchase protection worth Rs 1,75,000 and also access to the Axis Bank 24hr customer helpline for resolution of any card related issues or queries. Not to forget, you can personalize your Rewards+ Debit Card with an image of your choice to flaunt your style.
Secure+ Debit Card
Leave behind all worries of debit card misuse or fraud with the Secure+ Debit Card from Axis Bank. Available as a contactless debit card as well, the Secure+ offers a wide range of benefits such as high purchase limits of Rs 75,000 and cash withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000, Personal Accident insurance cover worth Rs 5 lakh for your and your family’s safety, emergency hotel / travel assistance up to Rs 80,000 when you’re traveling abroad or within India and emergency cash assistance worth Rs 5,000 when you’re travelling within India. The Secure+ card also comes with cover worth Rs 75,000 for fraudulent transactions carried out with your card in the event of loss, skimming, phishing, theft, counterfeit, online usage, PIN based transactions which have been done 15 days before the loss of the card. Also, with the Secure+ Debit Card, you get to be part of Axis Bank’s eDGE Loyalty Rewards program where you get to earn reward point for card transactions. Points can be redeemed for 500+ rewards and exciting offers.
Display Debit Card
Enjoy the best of safety and cashless convenience with the Axis Bank Display Debit Card which offers enhanced coverage and added benefits along with transaction security provided by NetSecure. The card comes with high daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 1 lakh and a daily purchase limit of Rs 4 lakh, along with providing complimentary lounge access at airports across India. For freedom if usage, this card allows an enhanced number of 10 charge-free financial and non-financial transactions at non-Axis ATMs and also allows unlimited access to ATMs internationally (subject to a 3.5% mark-up fee). The Display Debit Card offers a robust armor of insurance cover with Personal Accident Coverage Insurance cover worth Rs 5 lakh, Air Accident Cover worth Rs 25 lakh, zero lost card liability against loss due to loss, theft or fraudulent usage of the debit card. Additionally, Display Debit Card holders automatically become eligible for the Axis eDGE Loyalty Rewards program where card purchases let you earn reward points which can then be redeemed on offers or rewards.
Switching Off Axis Bank Debit Card
Axis Bank allows customers to switch off their debit cards when they are not in use. This feature is an added security measure for customers who have large amounts of money in their accounts and wish to safeguard it against any fraudulent activity. In addition to safeguarding the customer’s account, this feature also allows the account holder to control the amount that they spend on their debit card.
Another reason why this feature has been introduced is due to the near-field communications (NFC) technology that is enabled on most Axis Bank debit cards. The NFC feature enables customers to make cashless transactions up to Rs.2,000 without having to enter their ATM PIN. Axis Bank allows their customers 5 NFC transactions per day.Switching off a debit card is a fairly simple process and the request is instantly activated. The following are the steps to switch off an Axis Bank debit card:
- Login to the Axis Bank internet banking website
- Click on the ‘Accounts’ tab, followed by the ‘My Debit Cards’ option.
- Clicking on this option provides all the debit cards linked to the account.
- Select the debit card that is to be switched off
- Select the ‘Switch ON/OFF Card’ option from the drop-down menu and click on the ‘Go’ button.
- Withdrawal limits and purchase limits of the debit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Switch Off’ button at the bottom of the page.
The debit card is instantly switched off once this process is complete and can be switched on again following the same steps.
Benefits of holding an Axis Bank Debit Card
- Customers are entitled to world class offers, discounted prices, luxury indulgences and flexible banking options with their Axis Bank debit cards.
- MyDesign - Make your Axis debit card as unique as you! Design a card with your favourite image and special effects in just three easy steps.
- Online shopping is now safer with your Axis Bank debit card, enabling users to transact on secured platforms using Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard SecureCode services.
- Purchase transactions using your Axis Bank debit card are also secured and validated using your debit card PIN at all retail outlets.
Axis Bank Debit Card Offers
- The eDGE Loyalty program from Axis Bank gives you an opportunity to earn and redeem your accrued reward points from over 500 attractive reward options comprising of electronics, travel tickets, retail merchandise and dining offers.
- Shop at various online retail merchants and travel sites using your Axis debit cards and pay back your purchases with easy monthly instalments within a period of 3 or 6 months.
- Enjoy a minimum of 15% discount on dining at over 1400 restaurants using your Axis Bank debit card.
Quick tips to use your Axis Bank Debit Card
- Ensure completion of a debit card transaction at merchant outlets and ATMs to avoid fraudulent activity on your card.
- Axis Bank customers are advised to take necessary precautions to safeguard their PIN details and not disclose it unnecessarily.
- While using your Axis Bank debit card at PoS terminals customers should make sure that the merchant establishment has subscribed to Visa or Visa Electron services.
- Customers should mandatorily sign at the back of their debit cards for merchants to validate their signatures at the time of purchases.
FAQs for Axis Bank Debit Cards
Do I have to enter my Axis Bank debit card PIN during purchase transactions?
Yes, customers have to enter their debit card PINs for all domestic purchase transactions. In the cases of international transactions the PIN feature has been implemented only in a couple of countries other than India. In all other countries customers do not have to enter their PINs to authenticate purchase transactions.
What happens when a customer enters an invalid PIN during transactions?
During purchase transactions, if the wrong PIN is entered then the transaction will be declined by the bank. While withdrawing cash from ATMs, the debit card will be temporarily blocked by the bank after three invalid attempts.
What does the Card Protection Plan from Axis Bank offer?
The Card Protection Plan from Axis Bank offers fraud protection, free replacement of cards, emergency cash advance facility, emergency travel and hotel assistance and valuable documents registration.
What are the options available to an Axis Bank customer for generating an ATM PIN?
Axis Bank debit card users can generate their PINs easily at the nearest Axis Bank ATM or by using the phone banking facility.
How are online transactions secured by Axis Bank?
Axis Bank allows users to transact safely using their debit cards on Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard SecureCode platforms.
- ATM Withdrawal Limit
- SBI ATM Card
- ATM Card
- International Debit Card
- PNB ATM Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- Bank of India Debit Card Apply Online
- Best Prepaid Travel Card India
- Union Bank ATM Limit
- Andhra Bank Platinum Debit card
- Coral Debit Card Benefits
- HDFC Platinum Debit Card Offers
- EMI on Debit Card
- BOB Debit Card
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Axis Bank Personal Loan
- Axis Bank Education Loan
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Used Car Loan
- Axis Car Loan
- Axis Bank Car Loan Interest Rates
- Axis Bank Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Axis Bank Credit Card
- Axis Bank Recurring Deposit Rates
- Axis Bank Fixed Deposit Rates v
- Axis Home Loan
- Axis IFSC Code
- Axis Bank Two Wheeler Loan