- A Visa debit card is an infinitely safer alternative to carrying hard cash
- VISA debit cards are accepted widely all over the world at millions of merchant establishments.
- Convenience of instant access to cash, any time you need it at over 1.9 million VISA and PLUS
- logo bearing ATMs.
- Make online shopping highly secure with Visa’s Secure Network.
Overview of VISA Debit Cards
VISA has been a name all of us are familiar with. Might have been a credit card in our parent’s wallet or our very own debit card which we now hold dear, in our wallets. Ever wondered, how VISA came to be? Well, it all started in the year 1958, when Bank of America launched its Bank Americard program, which was devised to provide a centralized system of payments across the state of California. During the course of the following years, several other banks across the U.S obtained licenses to adopt the Bank Americard system from the Bank of America.
Finally, in the year 1976, the Bank Americard system of centralized payments was finally renamed as VISA, a card which is now enjoys a popular presence in over 200 countries. Visa holds tremendous significance in the global financial markets as one of the key methods of making payments while also helping to set global standards when it comes to financial transactions and how they are carried out. Read on to find out more about how VISA debit cards have helped secure transactions worldwide and bringing peace of mind to millions of customers.
Visa Debit Cards – Types Of Cards Offered
Visa offers a range of debit cards, each of which has been designed to meet a specific set of needs and individual requirements. These cards present you with exclusive privileges for a host of lifestyle activities like shopping, travel, dining, golf, etc. Learn more about each of these cards below.
Accepted at millions of locations worldwide, the VISA Classic debit card can be used not only to withdraw cash from ATMs but also to pay for purchases at merchant establishments.
Experience the finer side of life with the VISA Gold debit card which offers special offers at dining, retail, entertainment and travel establishments. In addition, you are also entitled to receive medical and travel assistance and legal referral / assistance, along with toll-free access to the 24 Hour Customer Assistance Service.
Step up and enjoy a world of privileges and rewards with the VISA Platinum debit card. Make the most of exclusive deals & discounts or call on the assistance of the 24x7 Concierge Service, be it for restaurant recommendations, flight reservations, etc.
An individual of discerning tastes deserves nothing but the best. The VISA Signature debit card complements your lifestyle by providing you with unrivalled access to the best rewards, deals and discounts there are. Welcomed worldwide, the VISA Signature also entitles you to the 24 Hour Concierge service, along with round the clock assistance regarding your card.
Indulge your pleasures like never before with the VISA Infinite debit card. Enjoy complimentary lounge access at airports across India and discover the most exclusive deals and discounts. This card is accepted worldwide at millions of ATMs and merchant locations, allowing you instant access to cash, whenever you may need it.
Visa Debit Cards - Key Features & Benefits
Visa Global Customer Assistance Service
It is possible to lose your card in the securest of conditions. But don’t panic. The Visa Global Customer Assistance Service shall immediately assist you with any card related issues or queries, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
24 Hour Concierge Service
The 24 Hour concierge Service is here to assist you with a host of services like flight reservations, trip planning, car rental reservations, hotel reservations, restaurant reservations, even ticket purchases and more. You may contact the Concierge Service online or over the phone from anywhere in the world.
Online shopping, no matter how attractive it may be, carries a string of risks. Which is why, people all over the world prefer to shop online with Visa’s Secure Network, powered by VisaNet. This system provides multiple levels of protection to any online transaction with Verified by Visa and 3-Digit Security Code.
Widespread ATM Network
Need for cash can arise anytime and anywhere. With a VISA debit card, you have access to over 1.9 million ATMs in over 200 countries around the world. Be it at home or overseas, you will always find a VISA ATM near you.
Make shopping a worry free experience with your VISA debit card which comes armed with a host of safety features like Verified by Visa and 3-Digit Security Code to help secure all your card-related transactions.
Quick Tips for Using Your Visa Debit Card
You must always remember the following when using your VISA debit card:
- For online transactions, look out for the connection to change from ‘HTTP’ to ‘HTTPS’ when you’re about to make the payment.
- Ensure that you sign up for Verified by Visa via your bank so that all your card transactions are safe and secure.
- Always keep your passwords confidential.
- Avoid making online purchases from websites and e-retailers which aren’t established, known and otherwise not legitimate.
- Do not share personal details with an online store as the same may be used to access your online information for banking accounts.
How do I find out if my Visa Debit card is accepted at a particular ATM?
Your VISA card can be used at all ATMs, which have a VISA or PLUS symbol, be it within India or overseas. However, it would be wise to contact your bank to find out about any ATM usage restriction, if any have been imposed.
I am travelling overseas and I’m wondering if my VISA Debit Card PIN will work there or not?
Yes, the PIN number which you use for card related transaction in your home country shall work overseas as well.
Is there an additional charge levied on ATM transactions done overseas with a Visa Debit Card?
Yes, for ATM transactions done overseas, a nominal charge is likely to be levied. For more details, it is advised to check with your card issuing bank.
What are the security features present on my Visa Debit Card?
When you make purchases using your Visa Debit Card, the transaction is automatically processed through the VISA network which provides constant fraud monitoring for detection of any suspicious activity and a 3-digit security code which verifies your identity for purchases done online i.e. via internet or on your phone.
Besides withdrawing cash, what else can I use the ATM for?
Besides withdrawing money, you may also check your account balance on an ATM.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account