Highlighting Features of Karnataka Bank Debit Cards
- Quick and easy access to cash anytime, anywhere.
- Designed for use in India and abroad.
- Enhanced security with Zero Lost Card Liability
Overview of Karnataka Bank Debit Cards
Based in the coastal city of Mangalore, Karnataka Bank Limited or KBL (also known as Karnataka Bank) is one of the major public sector banks with a far reaching presence across India. Designated as an A1+ Class scheduled bank by the RBI, KBL operates via a network of 678 branches and 1000+ ATMs located in 21 states and 2 Union territories. Striving to deliver quality services to its customers, the bank has also won several accolades in various banking and financial segments. Catering to a large customer base, the bank offers a suite of financial products and services which include finance, insurance, mortgage, loans and more under retail banking and corporate banking.
Under its retail banking arm, KBL offers the KBL Moneyplant range of debit cards is available in VISA and RuPay variants. Each card is accompanied by a set of features addressing particular financial needs.
Types of Debit Cards Offered by Karnataka Bank
VISA Classic Debit Card
The KBL Moneyplant Visa Classic Debit Card provides you with instant access to your account and is accepted worldwide not only at ATMs but also POS terminals. This card comes with a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000 and a POS limit of Rs 75,000. You can use this card at over 1 lakh ATMs and 10 lakh POS terminals in India. As an additional safety measure, the Classic Debit Card comes with Zero Lost Card Liability, a feature which insures the cardholder against any loss which may arise from fraudulent use of a misplaced/lost/stolen debit card.
VISA Gold Debit Card
The VISA Gold Debit card ushers you into the world of privileges which complement your lifestyle and status. Accepted worldwide, this debit card grants you instant access to cash and features high transaction limits of Rs 60,000 for cash withdrawals and Rs 1,50,000 at merchant establishments. Also, Gold Debit card holders are entitled to special discounts in association with VISA from time to time. For added safety of your transactions, this debit card offers Zero Lost Card Liability, a feature which insures the cardholder against any loss which may occur due to fraudulent use of a lost/stolen/misplaced card.
VISA International Debit Card
For the jet setter, KBL introduces the VISA International Debit Card which replaces your regular ATM / debit card. Accepted worldwide, this unique card features enhanced transaction limits of Rs 60,000 for cash withdrawal and Rs 1,50,000 for POS transactions. In addition to that the card also comes with Zero Lost Card Liability which insures the cardholder against any loss arising due to unauthorized / fraudulent use of a missing, lost or stolen debit card.
RuPay PMJDY Debit Card
The RuPay PMJDY debit card is the perfect replacement for cash as it allows you to conveniently carry out transactions at all RuPay enabled POS terminals, in addition to providing you instant access to cash at Moneyplant or NFS ATMs. This card features transaction limit of Rs 40,000 for cash withdrawals and a POS limit of Rs 75,000. NPCI, in association with New India Assurance, provides the RuPay PMJDY debit card holders with insurance cover against Accidental Death or Permanent Disablement for an amount of up to Rs 1 lakh.
RuPay Classic Debit Card
Widely accepted at over 1 lakh ATMs and more than 10 lakh POS terminals in India, the RuPay Classic Debit Card is a great alternative for carrying cash. This card comes with a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000 and a daily POS limit of Rs 75,000 at merchant establishments. Additionally, the card also features insurance cover against Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement, courtesy of the NPCI’s arrangement with New India Assurance. In case of any card related queries, the bank provides also runs a dedicated 24 hour emergency helpline.
RuPay Kisan Debit Card
Experience flexibility of use and cashless convenience with the RuPay Kisan Debit Card. Not only do you get instant access to cash at over 1 lakh ATMs but also the freedom to make purchases at over 10 lakh Point of Sale terminals within India. This card features high transaction limits of up to Rs 40,000 for cash withdrawals and up to Rs 75,000 at merchant establishments. As a result of the agreement between National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and New India Assurance, the RuPay debit card provides you with insurance cover against Permanent Disablement or Accidental Death.
RuPay Mudra Card
The RuPay Mudra Card is issued by the Karnataka Bank to individuals having a business under the Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Ltd. (MUDRA). Recently, the government offered loans to individuals having businesses under the Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Ltd (MUDRA) through the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana Scheme (PMMY). Through this scheme, entrepreneurs could avail loans for their business up to Rs.10 lakh. Once the account is opened and the loan availed, the owner of the business is granted a RuPay Mudra Card.
Features of the RuPay Mudra Card:
- The maximum card limit is Rs.10 lakh.
- Entrepreneurs can utilize the card for online transactions or merchant banking.
- The transaction limit is Rs.40,000 per day and for POS transactions is Rs.75,000 per day.
- The card is valid 5 years from the date of issue.
- Customers having the RuPay Mudra Card can avail accidental death insurance cover and a permanent disability insurance cover.
KBL Gift Card
Customers can buy a gift card and send it to their loved one’s, giving them the choice to choose a gift they really desire. Once can buy their loved ones a gift card either for their wedding, a festive occasion, birthday and so on. By providing your regular KYC documents at the bank, one can purchase a gift card over the counter immediately.
Features of the KBL Gift Card:
- Gift cards are available in denominations between Rs.500 to Rs.25,000 and can be purchased over the counter.
- Can be used at all VISA merchants across the country.
- Once the card is purchased, it is valid for six months to a maximum of a year.
- Using the card, one can purchase gifts at any merchant outlet or online, giving the receiver of the gift card a huge variety to choose from.
- Customers can check the status and balance of their gift card online.
Certain conditions with regard to the KBL gift card:
- The gift card cannot be used at ATMs.
- When purchasing the gift card, a processing fee of Rs.50 is charged along with applicable GST charges.
- The KBL gift card can be used only in India.
KBL Travel Card
Rather than take the risk of carrying money in your bag or pockets when going abroad, the KBL Travel Card comes with enormous benefits, including making withdrawals in the local currency, and making payments at all VISA certified merchants across the globe. The Travel Card can be availed at any KBL Bank branch across the country.
Features of the KBL Travel Card
- Using the KBL Travel Card, one can make withdrawals in nine different currencies - Euros, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Japanese Yen, Swiss Francs, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Swedish Kroner and in the Canadian Dollar - anywhere across the globe.
- Withdrawals and transactions can be made at any VISA ATM or at any VISA certified merchant across the globe.
- Encashing cheques and money exchanges has been made a lot easier through the KBL Travel Card.
- Online banking facilities, to make transactions, check balance and so on.
- Every Travel Card holder is given a 4-digit PIN. If one has lost his/her card, the card can be blocked immediately.
- Just by holding the card, one is granted insurance up to Rs.2 lakh and can enjoy the assistance of Visa's Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS) in case of any inquiries.
Benefits of Holding a Karnataka Bank Debit Card
- Flexibility of Use – Use your KBL Moneyplant debit card not only to withdraw cash but also make purchases at merchant establishments.
- Widely Accepted - The KBL Moneyplant range of debit cards is accepted across India at over 10 lakh merchant establishments and 1,86,000 ATMs.
- Instant Access To Funds – With a KBL debit card, you are never left fending for cash. The KBL debit cards can be used at any Moneyplant ATM or any NFS ATM.
- Additional Security – All VISA KBL debit cards come with Zero Lost Card Liability, a feature which protects the card holder against any loss which may take place if a lost / stolen / misplaced debit card is out to fraudulent or unauthorized use.
- Insurance Coverage – NPCI, in association with New India Assurance, provides all KBL RuPay debit card holders with insurance cover against Permanent Disablement or Accidental Death.
- 24 Hour Emergency Helpline – In case you have any queries regarding your KBL debit card, the bank runs a dedicated 24 Hour Emergency helpline to provide any kind of assistance and resolve all your card-related issues.
- What are the charges associated with the VISA International debit card?
Following is the schedule of charges applicable for the KBL VISA International debit card:
- Renewal Fee – Rs 100 + GST
- Issuance of card – Rs 100 + GST
- Card Replacement – Rs 100 + GST
- Regeneration of PIN – Rs 100 + GST
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.