Highlighting Features of Karnataka Bank Debit Cards
- Quick and easy access to cash anytime, anywhere.
- Designed for use in India and abroad.
- Enhanced security with Zero Lost Card Liability
Overview of Karnataka Bank Debit Cards
Based in the coastal city of Mangalore, Karnataka Bank Limited or KBL (also known as Karnataka Bank) is one of the major public sector banks with a far reaching presence across India. Designated as an A1+ Class scheduled bank by the RBI, KBL operates via a network of 678 branches and 1000+ ATMs located in 21 states and 2 Union territories. Striving to deliver quality services to its customers, the bank has also won several accolades in various banking and financial segments. Catering to a large customer base, the bank offers a suite of financial products and services which include finance, insurance, mortgage, loans and more under retail banking and corporate banking.
Under its retail banking arm, KBL offers the KBL Moneyplant range of debit cards is available in VISA and RuPay variants. Each card is accompanied by a set of features addressing particular financial needs.
Types of Debit Cards Offered by Karnataka Bank
VISA Classic Debit Card
The KBL Moneyplant Visa Classic Debit Card provides you with instant access to your account and is accepted worldwide not only at ATMs but also POS terminals. This card comes with a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000 and a POS limit of Rs 75,000. You can use this card at over 1 lakh ATMs and 10 lakh POS terminals in India. As an additional safety measure, the Classic Debit Card comes with Zero Lost Card Liability, a feature which insures the cardholder against any loss which may arise from fraudulent use of a misplaced/lost/stolen debit card.
VISA Gold Debit Card
The VISA Gold Debit card ushers you into the world of privileges which complement your lifestyle and status. Accepted worldwide, this debit card grants you instant access to cash and features high transaction limits of Rs 60,000 for cash withdrawals and Rs 1,50,000 at merchant establishments. Also, Gold Debit card holders are entitled to special discounts in association with VISA from time to time. For added safety of your transactions, this debit card offers Zero Lost Card Liability, a feature which insures the cardholder against any loss which may occur due to fraudulent use of a lost/stolen/misplaced card.
VISA International Debit Card
For the jet setter, KBL introduces the VISA International Debit Card which replaces your regular ATM / debit card. Accepted worldwide, this unique card features enhanced transaction limits of Rs 60,000 for cash withdrawal and Rs 1,50,000 for POS transactions. In addition to that the card also comes with Zero Lost Card Liability which insures the cardholder against any loss arising due to unauthorized / fraudulent use of a missing, lost or stolen debit card.
RuPay PMJDY Debit Card
The RuPay PMJDY debit card is the perfect replacement for cash as it allows you to conveniently carry out transactions at all RuPay enabled POS terminals, in addition to providing you instant access to cash at Moneyplant or NFS ATMs. This card features transaction limit of Rs 40,000 for cash withdrawals and a POS limit of Rs 75,000. NPCI, in association with New India Assurance, provides the RuPay PMJDY debit card holders with insurance cover against Accidental Death or Permanent Disablement for an amount of up to Rs 1 lakh.
RuPay Classic Debit Card
Widely accepted at over 1 lakh ATMs and more than 10 lakh POS terminals in India, the RuPay Classic Debit Card is a great alternative for carrying cash. This card comes with a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000 and a daily POS limit of Rs 75,000 at merchant establishments. Additionally, the card also features insurance cover against Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement, courtesy of the NPCI’s arrangement with New India Assurance. In case of any card related queries, the bank provides also runs a dedicated 24 hour emergency helpline.
RuPay Kisan Debit Card
Experience flexibility of use and cashless convenience with the RuPay Kisan Debit Card. Not only do you get instant access to cash at over 1 lakh ATMs but also the freedom to make purchases at over 10 lakh Point of Sale terminals within India. This card features high transaction limits of up to Rs 40,000 for cash withdrawals and up to Rs 75,000 at merchant establishments. As a result of the agreement between National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and New India Assurance, the RuPay debit card provides you with insurance cover against Permanent Disablement or Accidental Death.
Benefits of Holding a Karnataka Bank Debit Card
- Flexibility of Use – Use your KBL Moneyplant debit card not only to withdraw cash but also make purchases at merchant establishments.
- Widely Accepted - The KBL Moneyplant range of debit cards is accepted across India at over 10 lakh merchant establishments and 1,86,000 ATMs.
- Instant Access To Funds – With a KBL debit card, you are never left fending for cash. The KBL debit cards can be used at any Moneyplant ATM or any NFS ATM.
- Additional Security – All VISA KBL debit cards come with Zero Lost Card Liability, a feature which protects the card holder against any loss which may take place if a lost / stolen / misplaced debit card is out to fraudulent or unauthorized use.
- Insurance Coverage – NPCI, in association with New India Assurance, provides all KBL RuPay debit card holders with insurance cover against Permanent Disablement or Accidental Death.
- 24 Hour Emergency Helpline – In case you have any queries regarding your KBL debit card, the bank runs a dedicated 24 Hour Emergency helpline to provide any kind of assistance and resolve all your card-related issues.
- What are the charges associated with the VISA International debit card?
Following is the schedule of charges applicable for the KBL VISA International debit card:
- Renewal Fee – Rs 100 + Service Tax
- Issuance of card – Rs 100 + Service Tax.
- Card Replacement – Rs 100 + Service Tax
- Regeneration of PIN – Rs 100 + Service Tax
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges