For those holding an account - saving account, current or overdraft , knowing the balance in the account is absolutely imperative, and Central Bank of India gives its customer a number of ways to know the finances in their account and keep a track of their funds. Central Bank of India customers have the option of either using the online banking platform to check their balance, or they can use the mobile app of Central Bank of India - Cent Mobile - to check their account balance instantly. In addition, if by chance the account holder of Central Bank of India does not have internet connection and has no access to the online options of checking his/her balance, the customer can make use of the SMS facility and the missed call service of Central Bank of India. For this to be a possibility, the customers has to first register his/her mobile number when opening the account by filling and submitting the mobile registration form at Central Bank of India. Once the application is approved, the bank will send the customer the MPIN in a few days. Central Bank of India customers also have the option of registering their mobile number at any Central Bank of India ATM. Once the number is registered, using that number only, the customer will can make use of the SMS and missed call service. In addition, the customer will receive notifications every time he/she makes a high-value transaction. For those Central Bank of India customers who wish to check their account balance via the SMS and missed call service, they would need to follow the steps mentioned below.
Features and benefits of the Central Bank of India SMS service
Central Bank of India customers can make use of the service for the following reasons:
- To check the last 5 transactions from one’s Central Bank of India account - basically a mini statement.
- To make a general balance enquiry.
- To change their mobile banking PIN.
- To check the status of a cheque that they have issued.
- To generate the MMID for IMPS.
- To send money through IMPS.
Steps to check account balance through the Central Bank of India SMS service
Customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to check their Central Bank of India account balance through the SMS services, as well as carry out a number of other services.
- In order to use this service, the customer has to first register his/her mobile number with Central Bank of India.
- Once the mobile registration application of the customer is approved, the bank will SMS the MPIN to the registered mobile number of the customer.
- Using the registered mobile number and the MPIN, the Central Bank of India customer has to SMS the request using the code and the MPIN to 99675-33228in the format given below. The code differs based on the request of the customer.
|Service Request||Request Code||SMS Format|
|For a balance enquiry||BALAVL||BALAVL|
|To know the last 5 transactions of default account (or account last used)||LATRAN||LATRAN|
|To know the last 5 transactions of other Central Bank of India account||LATRAN||LATRAN|
|To change mobile banking PIN||CHGPIN||CHGPIN||CHGPIN|
|To check cheque status (for default account)||CHQSTS||CHQSTS|
|To check cheque status (for any other Central Bank of India account)||CHQSTS||CHQSTS|
|To get help of any kind from Central Bank of India customer care||Help||Help|
|To generate MMID for IMPS||MMID||to +919967533228|
|In order to send money through IMPS||IMPS||to 9988771234 987654 100 1234|
Customers have to ensure that they keep their MPIN confidential, and delete the SMS from Central Bank of India and service request SMS from their mobile phones for security reasons.
How to check Central Bank of India account balance using the missed call facility
In order to check their account balance through the missed call facility, here too, Central Bank of India customers will have to make sure that their mobile number is registered with the bank. Using the missed call facility, unlike the SMS facility where customers can check their balance, cheque status, change mobile banking PIN and so on, customers can only check the last 5 transactions and the balance in their account. All that the customer has to do is to use his/her registered mobile number and call the numbers listed below, depending on the request.
- For a mini statement request: 95551 44441.
- For balance enquiry: 95552 44442.
All that the customer has to do is give a missed call to the numbers listed above - depending on the type of service request that he/she wishes. Once the customer has made the missed call using his/her registered mobile number, Central Bank of India will send an SMS to the customer containing either the balance in the account of the customer of an SMS of the last 5 transactions made by the customer.
- Is it possible for me to use the SMS service and the missed call facility of Central Bank of India to check the balance of my friend’s account? I am a Central Bank of India account holder as well.
- Are there any charges for the missed call service of Central Bank of India?
- What are the most important requirements to use the Central Bank of India SMS and missed call facility?
- Does Central Bank of India charge for the SMS service?
- Are there any other ways to check my Central Bank of India account balance?
No, you will be able to use the SMS service and the missed call facility to check the balance for your account only and cannot do it for your friend using your number. This is because Central Bank of India will recognise the request based on the registered number of the customer and SMS the information pertaining to the account of that particular customer only.
There are no charges for the missed call service offered by Central Bank of India.
In order to use this service, customers have to ensure that firstly that they have registered their mobile number with Central Bank of India and that the bank has given them the MPIN. Only by making the request through the registered mobile number and using the MPIN will the account holder be able to seamlessly use the services.
Central Bank of India does not charge for the SMS service but regular SMS services are applicable.
Apart from using the SMS and the missed call facilities to check your account balance, you can even use the online banking facility of Central Bank of India, the mobile app of Central Bank of India - Cent Mobile - or you can make a balance enquiry and mini statement request at any Central Bank of India ATM across India.
- ATM Withdrawal Limit
- SBI ATM Card
- ATM Card
- International Debit Card
- PNB ATM Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Debit Card
- Bank of India Debit Card Apply Online
- Best Prepaid Travel Card India
- Union Bank ATM Limit
- Andhra Bank Platinum Debit card
- HDFC Platinum Debit Card Offers
- EMI on Debit Card
- BOB Debit Card
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card