When opening a Punjab National Bank savings account, customers are granted a free debit card. Using this debit card, customers can carry out transactions at POS (Point of sale) terminals or online. While using one’s debit card to make transactions either online or at physical stores is relatively safe and secure, one must take precaution to ensure that their debit card details are not duplicated (through the process of skimming) or fall into the hands of fraudsters online. If the PNB (Punjab National Bank) customer at any point either loses his/her card, or it is stolen or one feels that the money in the account is being fished out by a fraudster, the first thing that they should do is ensure that their debit card is blocked. A Punjab National Bank customer has three options to block his/her debit card, either through the internet banking facility, via SMS or by calling the customer care unit of Punjab National Bank. Let’s discuss how one can block their debit card through the aforementioned procedures. Let’s begin.
Steps to block Punjab National Bank through the net banking facility
PNB customers should follow the steps mentioned below to block their debit card if it either stolen or lost. Before that, customers should ensure that their internet banking account is active and they know their username and password. Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official banking website of Punjab National Bank.
- Choose the personal banking account link.
- The page will be redirected. Now, login using your Punjab National Bank username and password.
- Choose the language of your choice before clicking on the “sign in” button.
- The page will be redirected once you have logged in. On the top bar of your screen, click on the “value added services” button.
- From the drop down menu, choose the “debit card hotlisting” link.
- Next, once you have clicked on that, choose the bank account linked to the particular debit card that you wish blocked. This is provided you have multiple accounts with Punjab National Bank.
- Once you have chosen the account, click on “continue”.
- An OTP (One-time password) will be send to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on “confirm”.
- Once you have done that, your Punjab National Bank debit card will be blocked.
Steps to block your Punjab National Bank via the PNB customer care unit
Punjab National Bank customers can block their PNB debit card if lost or stolen by calling the below listed numbers:
- Punjab National Bank toll-free number: 1800 180 2222 or 1800 103 2222
- Punjab National Bank helpline number: 0120-2490000
- ATM switch direct call: 011-23319972
Now, as soon as the PNB customer care executive answers the phone, share the details of your debit card with him/her and answer the questions for validation of your account. Once you answer them properly, the card will be blocked immediately. Punjab National Bank will then send you a confirmation message that your card has been blocked.
Steps to block your PNB debit card via SMS
This is probably the easiest way a Punjab National Bank customer can block his/her debit card if it is lost or stolen. That said, for this to be a possibility, the customer has to have his/her number registered with the bank.
To block one’s PNB debit card, the customer has to send an SMS stating “Hot
1. What should I do if I have blocked the wrong debit card?
Well, this might happen if you have multiple accounts with Punjab National Bank. You can unblock the card and reactivate it through your internet banking account or by calling the Punjab National Bank customer care unit.
2. What if the above mentioned means of blocking one’s Punjab National Bank are not successful?
If you have not been able to block your ATM card either through your internet banking account, through the customer care service or via SMS, then you will have to visit the bank branch holding your account and request them to block the ATM debit card for you.
3. Will I be charged a penalty for blocking my card?
No, there will be no charges for blocking your Punjab National Bank ATM card.
4. What should I do once my Punjab National Bank debit card is blocked?
If your Punjab National Bank has been blocked following you reporting it either lost or stolen, then the next step for you would be to request the bank for a new ATM debit card. This can be done either through your net banking account or by visiting the Punjab National Bank holding your account.
5. Should I block my Punjab National Bank ATM debit card if I realise that some money in my account has gone missing?
If you feel that some money in your account has gone missing, start by running through your bank statements to check the source of where and when money has been debited from your account. Once you’re sure that you did not carry out the transactions, contact the bank immediately and request them to investigate the case. If you feel this has resulted from your card details either being duplicated or forged due to some fraudulent activity, it is safer to block your card then and there without any delay. As soon as you have blocked your card, you can request the bank to issue a new debit card of your choice.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.