- Enjoy the convenience of cashless shopping in India and abroad
- Widely accepted at over 30 million merchant locations worldwide
- Earn reward points on every spend
- Enhanced Insurance Cover against a variety of perils
Overview of IDBI Bank Debit Cards
Established in 1964, IDBI Bank is the commercial banking arm of IDBI (formerly known as the Industrial Development Bank of India). As the 10th largest government owned development bank in the world, IDBI boasts a widespread network of 1746 branches in India and overseas, 1285 centers and 3000 ATMs. Headquartered in Mumbai, IDBI has been awarded for being the ‘Best Overall Bank’ and the ‘Best Public Sector Bank’ in the Dun & Bradstreet Awards, 2011. In 2013, the bank was placed #1197 in the Forbes Global 2000 list.
As one of the most prominent commercial banks in India, IDBI offers a host of financial products and services, among which are debit cards. Choose from a range of well-appointed debit cards, each of which has been designed specially to provide cashless convenience, along with a host of features like enhanced transaction limits, transaction alerts, insurance cover and more. Looking to get a debit card for yourself? Read on and find out which IDBI debit card is best suited for you.
Types Of Cards Offered By IDBI Bank
International Debit-cum-ATM Card
- Get instant access to cash, anytime, at over 1630 IDBI ATMs and over 1 lakh shared network ATMs in India and over 18 lakh ATMs abroad.
- This debit card is internationally valid, which means that it can be used not only within India but also on your trips abroad to withdraw cash from shared network ATMs and also for shopping at over 29 million merchant locations.
- As an IDBI International Debit Card holder, you are entitled to thrilling discounts and offers while shopping with merchant outlets associated with IDBI bank.
- Enjoy high daily transaction limits on your International Debit Card – Rs 25,000 for ATM withdrawals and Rs 25,000 at point of sale terminals.
- Keep track of your account activity with instant SMS alerts for every debit card transaction.
- Shop online, book tickets, make bill payments, all using your International Debit Card.
- As an IDBI International Debit Card Holder, you are entitled to insurance cover for loss or counterfeit of card up to Rs 1 lakh.
- Earn loyalty points for every Rs 100 spent on your IDBI debit card.
Gold Debit Card
- As a Gold Debit Card holder, you get to enjoy high daily transaction limits of Rs 75,000, for ATM cash withdrawals and POS transactions respectively.
- This is an internationally valid card which can be used to make purchases not only within India but abroad as well.
- Avail exciting discounts and special offers at select merchant outlets associated with IDBI Bank.
- Track your account activity easily with instant SMS alerts for every debit card transaction.
- Earn Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 spent on your Gold Debit Card and redeem the same for cash credit to your account.
- As a Gold Debit Card holder, you are entitled to insurance cover against loss or counterfeit of card for an amount up to Rs 1 lakh; Personal Accident cover up to Rs 5 lakh; Loss of Checked Baggage Cover up to Rs 50,000; Purchase Protection up to Rs 20,000 and cover against Fire and Burglary for Household Contents for up to Rs 50,000.
- Save more on fuel with Petrol Surcharge Waiver for fuel purchase between Rs 400 to Rs 2000 done with your Gold Debit Card.
Platinum Debit Card
- To meet your lifestyle demands, the Platinum Debit Card features enhanced daily transaction limits of Rs 2 lakh for shopping and Rs 1 lakh for ATM cash withdrawals.
- Enjoy quick access to cash whether you are in India or abroad. IDBI boasts of a nationwide network of over 1600 ATMs and over a lakh shared network ATMs.
- This debit card comes is accepted worldwide and comes with an international validity of 5 years.
- Earn 2 Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 charged to your Platinum Debit Card and redeem the same for cash credits.
- As a Platinum Card holder, you are exempted from fuel surcharge at the rate of 2.5% for fuel purchases between Rs 400 to Rs 5000, each month.
- Benefit from enhanced insurance cover offered along with this card. You get insurance cover for lost or counterfeit cards; Purchase Protection up to Rs 20,000; Personal Accident Cover up to Rs 5 lakh, Loss of Checked Baggage up to Rs 50,000 and cover against Fire or Burglary for Household Contents up to Rs 50,000.
- Avail exciting discounts and special offers while shopping at merchant outlets associated with IDBI bank.
Women’s Debit Card
- For every purchase of Rs 100 done with your card,, you earn one Loyalty Point. Accumulated Loyalty Points can be redeemed for cash rewards.
- Women’s Debit Card holders are entitled to Insurance cover of up to Rs 1 lakh for lost or counterfeit cards.
- For your convenience, this debit card offers a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000 and purchase limit of Rs 40,000 as well.
- Shop online with ease using your Women’s debit card which can be used for online transactions, booking tickets and paying utility bills.
- Get access to cash when you most need it. IDBI boasts of a nationwide network of over 1600 ATMs and over a lakh shared network ATMs.
- This debit card, like other IDBI debit cards, features a 5 year international validity.
- Women’s Debit Card holders can avail special offers and discounts which are part of IDBI’s association with select merchant outlets.
- To facilitate easier tracking of account transactions, the Women’s Debit Card comes with a special feature of Itemized Billing. Under this feature, you will get the details of your purchase like your card number, transaction date, merchant name, etc. in your bank statement itself.
- Emergencies strike without warning. As a Women’s Debit Card holder, you are entitled to avail the Global Customer Assistance Service, offered by VISA for any card related emergency like reporting the loss of theft of a card, for emergency card replacement or cash disbursement, emergency enquiries or any other card related miscellaneous enquiries.
Kids Debit Card
- A debit card specially designed for children, to instill and encourage the habit of saving.
- Kids Debit Card holders are covered for an amount of up to Rs 8,000 for loss or counterfeit of cards.
- This card features a daily transaction limit of Rs 200, for cash withdrawals and purchases respectively.
- Card holders stand to earn 2 Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 spent using their Kids Debit card.
- Kid can avail some fantastic discounts and special offers from time to time at various merchant establishments associated with IDBI bank.
- The Kids Debit Card is valid across India for a period of 5 years.
- Use this card not only to withdraw cash from over 1600 IDBI ATMs but also for purchases at over a lakh merchant outlets across India.
Being Me Debit Card
- This card has been specially designed for young professionals and students between the ages 18-25 years.
- Experience the ease of shopping online with your Being Me Debit Card which can be used for booking tickets and making bill payments.
- This debit card is valid for a duration of 5 years.
- Save more on fuel with waiver of the standard 2.5% surcharge at all petrol stations.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability cover with this debit card. Cardholders are protected against any fraudulent misuse of the card from the moment the loss is reported.
- Earn 2 Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 charged to your card.
- Avail some exciting discounts at select merchant outlets associated with IDBI Bank.
Signature Debit Card
One of the most sought after commercial banks in the country, the IDBI (Industrial Development Bank of India) offers a variety of debit cards for their dedicated customers. One of them is the Signature debit card. Just by owning the the Signature debit card, customers can avail privileges and discounts in areas such as Travel, Fine Dining, Health and Fitness, etc.
Features and Benefits of the Signature Debit Card
- For those customers having a Signature debit card, they can enjoy the privilege of having free access to airport lounges across the country. This is limited to two lounge visits a year.
- The withdrawal limit is Rs.3 lakh per day, and for Point of Sale transactions is Rs.5 lakh.
- Those having the Signature debit card can book travel and movie tickets online with attractive discounts. The online transaction limit is Rs.3 lakh per day.
- For a customer shopping at merchant locations, a customer will get 3 points for every Rs.100 that is spent. For Signature debit card holders, they can redeem a cash credit if they have accumulated more than 3,000 points in a calendar year.
- For purchase of fuel between Rs.400 to Rs.5,000, Signature card holders are exempt of the 2.5 % surcharge added on fuel bills.
- Apart from the Rs.5 lakh insurance cover offered to every customer having a Signature debit card, there are many other insurance covers associated with the debit card:
- Rs.1 crore air accident insurance cover is granted.
- Rs.5 lakh is granted in case of a personal accident.
- For those who have lost their check-in luggage, they can avail an insurance cover up to Rs.50,000.
- For those who have made a purchase using the Signature debit card, they can avail a Purchase Protection cover worth Rs.20,000 which is valid for a period of three months.
- Rs.50,000 insurance cover is granted in case of a fire or a burglary.
To be eligible for the insurance covers, a customer should have made at least two purchases using their Signature debit card in the last 90 days.
- Every card holder can make use of the Global Customer assistance service, in any part of the world. A service offered by Visa, customers can avail the services if:
- They have to report a lost or stolen card.
- Emergency cash disbursement or card replacement.
- Emergency or miscellaneous inquiries.
- As already mentioned below, all Signature debit card holders are eligible to avail a number of services at a privileged or discounted rate. Some of the privileges are:
- Discount for Visa Signature Club
- Excellent rate at Visa Signature’s Golf Club
- Fine Dining discounts using the Visa Signature debit card
- Privileged rates for travel assistance, car rentals, sports and entertainment across the globe, pre-trip assistance service and business services.
When opening a IDBI Bank account, a customer can choose to have a Signature debit and inevitably have access to all the privileges that the card comes with.
Classic Debit Card
With over 30 million merchant establishments in India and across the globe, owning a Classic debit card makes the whole process of cashless transactions a lot better. Apart from the privileged discounts every customer having the Classic debit card has, a customer can make ATM withdrawals anywhere in the world in the local currency.
Benefits of the Classic Debit Card
- A customer having a Classic debit card has access to more than a 100,000 ATMs (domestic and shared network ATMs) and over 5 lakh merchant establishments in India and over 29 million across the globe.
- A customer can make withdrawals in the local currency abroad as well.
- Since IDBI is tied up with millions of merchant establishments, shopping at these establishments comes with luring discounts.
- The daily withdrawal limit is Rs.25,000 per day and transactions at POS (Point of Service) is also at Rs.25,000 per day.
- Using the Classic debit card, a customer can make online transactions, pay bills and so on.
- Every customer receives an instant transaction SMS to alert him/her of the transaction amount that has just been made and their available balance.
- Customers holding a Classic debit card are offered a insurance cover for lost or counterfeit cards up to Rs.1 lakh. For a customer to be eligible for the insurance cover, he/she should have made at least two transaction purchases in the last 90 days.
- For every Rs.100 spent using the Classic debit card, one loyalty point is granted.
Customers can opt for a Classic debit card when opening their account. They can even contact the toll-free numbers 1800-22-1070 or 1800-200-1947, if they want to shift to a Classic Debit card.
Contactless Debit Cards
With technology focused on enhancing the convenience of the customer, IDBI has rolled out their very own contactless debit cards. Now, customers do not have to stand in long queues to make a transaction, all that they have to do is to wave their card in front of a Near Field Communication (NFC) terminal and the purchase is paid for even without entering their PIN.
Functioning of a contactless debit card:
Every contactless debit card comes with a contactless Visa PayWave logo, which has a sensor embedded in it. Customers can swipe a maximum of Rs.2,000 a day using the contactless debit card. To make a payment, one just needs to wave at the POS terminal which functions on Near Field Communication (NFC) technology which facilitates the use of radio transmissions. The bill amount will be displayed on the POS terminal when one is exiting the shop, and just by waving your card parallel to POS terminal, the amount is paid for without the customer even entering his/her PIN code. The green light emitted from the POS terminal indicates that your bill has been paid.
Rupay Platinum Chip Debit Card
The Rupay Platinum Chip Debit Card has been customized and designed by IDBI in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Customers owning this Rupay Platinum Chip Debit Card are eligible to a number of benefits, including a higher withdrawal limit, enhanced insurance schemes and so on, with the focus of the bank to make their customer feel truly privileged.
Benefits and features of the Rupay Platinum Chip Debit Card
- Absolutely free access to airport lounges across the country and globe. The number of visits is limited to two per year.
- Customers holding a Rupay Platinum Chip debit card are eligible for a number of privileged benefits such as referrals or reservations at hotels across the globe, golf clubs, fine dining hotels, gift deliveries, card rentals and so on.
- The withdrawal limit for this debit card is limited to Rs.1 lakh and for POS transactions the limit is Rs.1 lakh as well.
- By registering with the “Rupay Paysecure”, one can enjoy attractive discounts on travel and movie tickets.
- For every Rs.100 that is spent using the Rupay Platinum Chip debit card, 2 loyalty points are granted.
- Exemption of fuel surcharge for purchase of fuel between Rs.400 to Rs.4,000.
- Rupay Platinum Chip debit card holders are granted an insurance cover of Rs.1 lakh for lost or counterfeit cards. Apart from this, holding a Rupay Platinum Chip debit card comes with a variety of other insurance covers:
- In case of an accidental death, the customer is liable for an insurance cover of Rs.5 lakh.
- Permanent disability cover of Rs.2 lakh.
- In case one has lost their baggage, an insurance cover of Rs.50,000 may come in handy.
- A card holder is even granted a purchase protection of Rs.20,000, valid for a period of three months.
- Fire and burglary insurance cover of Rs.50,000.
To avail the accidental death cover, a customer should have made at least two purchases using the debit card in the last 45 days. For the other insurance covers, he/she should have made a purchase in the last 30 days to be eligible.
Activating an IDBI Bank ATM Card
IDBI Bank offers their customers a number of services and one of its services is a debit card. When a customer opens an account with IDBI Bank, they receive a welcome kit that includes a debit card and the ATM PIN. An IDBI Bank customer can activate their debit card by following the steps listed below.
- Visit an IDBI Bank ATM. The first transaction with the debit card should be carried out at an ATM owned by the bank.
- Insert the debit card and enter the PIN provided by the bank.
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Confirm activation by withdrawing some amount from the ATM.
- If the transaction is successful and cash has been dispensed, it implies successful activation of the card.
- If the transaction is unsuccessful, visit the nearest bank branch to have the issue rectified.
Quick Tips For Using Your IDBI Debit Card
- You must never leave your debit card unattended in the presence of other people.
- Do not disclose your PIN number to anyone. Change your PIN number frequently.
- Keep your debit card in a safe place, like your wallet, where it does not rub against keys or other objects which can damage the magnetic strip of the card and render it useless.
- In order to avoid undue charges, make sure to enquire with your bank on the number of transactions you can carry out at IDBI and shared network ATMs, without attracting usage charges.
IDBI Debit Card FAQs
1. Do I need to collect a minimum number of points in order to redeem the same?
Yes, in order to redeem Loyalty Points for cash credits, you must accumulate a minimum of 200 points.
2. Can I earn Loyalty Points on a debit card issued against a Current Account?
No, Loyalty Points can not be earned on spends using a debits card issued against a current account.
3. What are the annual charges for the IDBI Bank International Debit-cum-ATM Card?
Annual charges for the IDBI Bank International Debit-cum-ATM Card is at a special discounted rate plus GST. That said, for the first year there are no charges, but annual maintenance charges are applicable from the second year onwards.
4. What is the mode of payment for a Platinum Debit cum ATM Card?
When a customer applies for a Platinum Debit cum ATM Card, the charges are automatically debited from his/her’s bank account - savings or current. A customer does not need to pay any fees otherwise to a bank executive or to the bank.
5. What are the benefits of being a Platinum Debit cum ATM Cardholder?
A customer having a Platinum Debit cum ATM card can enjoy numerous benefits, with the first being that he can make a transaction or withdrawal not only in India but anywhere in the world. That said, privileged discounts on travel fares, hotels, fine dining, booking movie tickets and so on are some of the other benefits.
6. What is the validity period of the Debit cum ATM Card?
From the date of issue, the debit card is valid for a period of 5 years.
7. How can I get the IDBI Bank Gold Debit Card?
When opening an account at any IDBI Bank branch, you can opt for a IDBI Bank Gold Debit Card. Note that every debit card comes with different annual charges and benefits. Choosing a debit card that will suit your needs and not just that it has the word “gold” in it is the smart way forward.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.