- Enjoy the convenience of cashless shopping in India and abroad
- Widely accepted at over 30 million merchant locations worldwide
- Earn reward points on every spend
- Enhanced Insurance Cover against a variety of perils
Overview of IDBI Bank Debit Cards
Established in 1964, IDBI Bank is the commercial banking arm of IDBI (formerly known as the Industrial Development Bank of India). As the 10th largest government owned development bank in the world, IDBI boasts a widespread network of 1746 branches in India and overseas, 1285 centers and 3000 ATMs. Headquartered in Mumbai, IDBI has been awarded for being the ‘Best Overall Bank’ and the ‘Best Public Sector Bank’ in the Dun & Bradstreet Awards, 2011. In 2013, the bank was placed #1197 in the Forbes Global 2000 list.
As one of the most prominent commercial banks in India, IDBI offers a host of financial products and services, among which are debit cards. Choose from a range of well-appointed debit cards, each of which has been designed specially to provide cashless convenience, along with a host of features like enhanced transaction limits, transaction alerts, insurance cover and more. Looking to get a debit card for yourself? Read on and find out which IDBI debit card is best suited for you.
Types Of Cards Offered By IDBI Bank
International Debit-cum-ATM Card
- Get instant access to cash, anytime, at over 1630 IDBI ATMs and over 1 lakh shared network ATMs in India and over 18 lakh ATMs abroad.
- This debit card is internationally valid, which means that it can be used not only within India but also on your trips abroad to withdraw cash from shared network ATMs and also for shopping at over 29 million merchant locations.
- As an IDBI International Debit Card holder, you are entitled to thrilling discounts and offers while shopping with merchant outlets associated with IDBI bank.
- Enjoy high daily transaction limits on your International Debit Card – Rs 25,000 for ATM withdrawals and Rs 25,000 at point of sale terminals.
- Keep track of your account activity with instant SMS alerts for every debit card transaction.
- Shop online, book tickets, make bill payments, all using your International Debit Card.
- As an IDBI International Debit Card Holder, you are entitled to insurance cover for loss or counterfeit of card up to Rs 1 lakh.
- Earn loyalty points for every Rs 100 spent on your IDBI debit card.
Gold Debit Card
- As a Gold Debit Card holder, you get to enjoy high daily transaction limits of Rs 75,000, for ATM cash withdrawals and POS transactions respectively.
- This is an internationally valid card which can be used to make purchases not only within India but abroad as well.
- Avail exciting discounts and special offers at select merchant outlets associated with IDBI Bank.
- Track your account activity easily with instant SMS alerts for every debit card transaction.
- Earn Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 spent on your Gold Debit Card and redeem the same for cash credit to your account.
- As a Gold Debit Card holder, you are entitled to insurance cover against loss or counterfeit of card for an amount up to Rs 1 lakh; Personal Accident cover up to Rs 5 lakh; Loss of Checked Baggage Cover up to Rs 50,000; Purchase Protection up to Rs 20,000 and cover against Fire and Burglary for Household Contents for up to Rs 50,000.
- Save more on fuel with Petrol Surcharge Waiver for fuel purchase between Rs 400 to Rs 2000 done with your Gold Debit Card.
Platinum Debit Card
- To meet your lifestyle demands, the Platinum Debit Card features enhanced daily transaction limits of Rs 2 lakh for shopping and Rs 1 lakh for ATM cash withdrawals.
- Enjoy quick access to cash whether you are in India or abroad. IDBI boasts of a nationwide network of over 1600 ATMs and over a lakh shared network ATMs.
- This debit card comes is accepted worldwide and comes with an international validity of 5 years.
- Earn 2 Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 charged to your Platinum Debit Card and redeem the same for cash credits.
- As a Platinum Card holder, you are exempted from fuel surcharge at the rate of 2.5% for fuel purchases between Rs 400 to Rs 5000, each month.
- Benefit from enhanced insurance cover offered along with this card. You get insurance cover for lost or counterfeit cards; Purchase Protection up to Rs 20,000; Personal Accident Cover up to Rs 5 lakh, Loss of Checked Baggage up to Rs 50,000 and cover against Fire or Burglary for Household Contents up to Rs 50,000.
- Avail exciting discounts and special offers while shopping at merchant outlets associated with IDBI bank.
Women’s Debit Card
- For every purchase of Rs 100 done with your card,, you earn one Loyalty Point. Accumulated Loyalty Points can be redeemed for cash rewards.
- Women’s Debit Card holders are entitled to Insurance cover of up to Rs 1 lakh for lost or counterfeit cards.
- For your convenience, this debit card offers a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000 and purchase limit of Rs 40,000 as well.
- Shop online with ease using your Women’s debit card which can be used for online transactions, booking tickets and paying utility bills.
- Get access to cash when you most need it. IDBI boasts of a nationwide network of over 1600 ATMs and over a lakh shared network ATMs.
- This debit card, like other IDBI debit cards, features a 5 year international validity.
- Women’s Debit Card holders can avail special offers and discounts which are part of IDBI’s association with select merchant outlets.
- To facilitate easier tracking of account transactions, the Women’s Debit Card comes with a special feature of Itemized Billing. Under this feature, you will get the details of your purchase like your card number, transaction date, merchant name, etc. in your bank statement itself.
- Emergencies strike without warning. As a Women’s Debit Card holder, you are entitled to avail the Global Customer Assistance Service, offered by VISA for any card related emergency like reporting the loss of theft of a card, for emergency card replacement or cash disbursement, emergency enquiries or any other card related miscellaneous enquiries.
Kids Debit Card
- A debit card specially designed for children, to instill and encourage the habit of saving.
- Kids Debit Card holders are covered for an amount of up to Rs 8,000 for loss or counterfeit of cards.
- This card features a daily transaction limit of Rs 200, for cash withdrawals and purchases respectively.
- Card holders stand to earn 2 Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 spent using their Kids Debit card.
- Kid can avail some fantastic discounts and special offers from time to time at various merchant establishments associated with IDBI bank.
- The Kids Debit Card is valid across India for a period of 5 years.
- Use this card not only to withdraw cash from over 1600 IDBI ATMs but also for purchases at over a lakh merchant outlets across India.
Being Me Debit Card
- This card has been specially designed for young professionals and students between the ages 18-25 years.
- Experience the ease of shopping online with your Being Me Debit Card which can be used for booking tickets and making bill payments.
- This debit card is valid for a duration of 5 years.
- Save more on fuel with waiver of the standard 2.5% surcharge at all petrol stations.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability cover with this debit card. Cardholders are protected against any fraudulent misuse of the card from the moment the loss is reported.
- Earn 2 Loyalty Points for every Rs 100 charged to your card.
- Avail some exciting discounts at select merchant outlets associated with IDBI Bank.
Quick Tips For Using Your IDBI Debit Card
- You must never leave your debit card unattended in the presence of other people.
- Do not disclose your PIN number to anyone. Change your PIN number frequently.
- Keep your debit card in a safe place, like your wallet, where it does not rub against keys or other objects which can damage the magnetic strip of the card and render it useless.
- In order to avoid undue charges, make sure to enquire with your bank on the number of transactions you can carry out at IDBI and shared network ATMs, without attracting usage charges.
Q. Do I need to collect a minimum number of points in order to redeem the same?
A. Yes, in order to redeem Loyalty Points for cash credits, you must accumulate a minimum of 200 points.
Q. Can I earn Loyalty Points on a debit card issued against a Current Account?
A. No, Loyalty Points can not be earned on spends using a debits card issued against a current account.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges