At a Glance!
- Pay your utility bills easily
- Enjoy special offers when shopping, dining, traveling etc.
- The EMV chip and PIN on Canara Bank debit cards enhances security
Canara Bank was established in July 1906, in Mangalore, by Shri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai and since then it has grown rapidly. In June 2006, the bank celebrated its hundred years of existence in the banking sector and expanded further with nine sponsored institutions/joint ventures in India and abroad. Canara Bank made their presence felt by setting up 5641 branches across all geographical sectors in December 2014. Customer satisfaction and convenience is their first priority and while keeping this in mind, the bank has setup 7599 ATMs in 3839 centres.
Canara Bank offers several products and services, one of them being debit cards. You can withdraw money anytime using your debit card at the ATMs and avail cashbacks and discounts on movie tickets, traveling, dining and other leisure activities. At Canara Bank ATMs, you can withdraw money free of service charge. In case of other bank ATMs, the service charge is waived for the first 5 times but Rs. 15 is charged per ATM transaction after the first 5 transactions.
Types of Canara Bank debit cards
Canara Bank Platinum Debit Card
The EMV Chip and PIN based Platinum debit card is a global debit card offering a great amount of security and makes your transactions safe. This Canara Bank debit card is valid for 10 years and accepted all over the world. Avail Rs. 25000 as purchase protection and life insurance worth up to Rs. 4 lakh. The Travel Assistance feature of this card helps you to locate important places and also provides you with pre-departure information. The Emergency Medical Assistance and the Prescription Assistance helps you to locate medical services near you and also delivers prescribed medicines to your location, in case of an emergency. In case of loss or theft of card, you can block the card immediately with help from the customer care team. You can book emergency replacement tickets and have them delivered at a place of your convenience. Earn cashback points on all purchases that you make using Canara Bank Platinum debit card.
Canara Bank Campus Card
The Campus card is specially devised for the students and is issued as a co-branded card, in association with many reputed educational institutes. Students can use this Canara Bank debit card to pay their fees and can also use them to enjoy other benefits of a debit card. The card comes with a photo of the cardholder, hence, making it an identity card for the student. They can avail internet banking and also enjoy the value added services provided at the ATMs. The student applying for the debit card must complete filling the prescribed application form, obtain internet banking facility and submit it to the respective institution. The student and the institution must open an account with the core banking branch.
- Anyone with a savings account or current account associated with Canara Bank is eligible
- NRIs, employees and ex-employees of the bank are eligible
- Students are eligible for the Canara Campus card but they should not be below the age of 13 years
Canara Bank debit card offers
You can save upto 25% on dining while using your Canara Bank debit card. Avail special discounts at spas like the O2 Spa, Spa Alila, Kairali Ayurvedic Spa, Three Aces, Richfeel Hair & Scalp Clinic and more. Enjoy 10% discount on all your purchases at Peora jewellery. Recharge your mobile, DTH and internet, all under one roof, using gorecharge.com
Benefits of holding a Canara Bank debit card
- Canara Bank debit cards provide a lot of security as the cards are protected with EMV chip and PIN feature.
- Customers can withdraw cash, get mini statements, book railway tickets and recharge their mobile at the Canara Bank ATMs.
- Enjoy complimentary life insurance benefits worth up to Rs. 4 lakh and purchase protection worth Rs. 25000.
- Shop online using the E-Shoppe feature and avail special offers at select merchant outlets.
- Earn cash back for all your purchases and pay your utility bills easily.
- The Global Customer Access Service helps you while you are travelling and assists you with all the required information.
- The Emergency Medical Assistance and Prescription Assistance features are very helpful in case of a medical emergency and help you by delivering prescribed medicines to your location.
- Students can pay their fees using the Canara Bank debit card and can make use of the other features too.
Quick tips about Canara Bank debit card
- On receiving the Canara debit card, check if your name has been printed correctly on the card
- Sign on the backside of the card so that it’s easy for you to make payments at merchant outlets
- Make sure that you don’t give anyone access to your card
- In case of loss or theft of card, inform the Canara Bank customer care department immediately
- Ensure that your transaction is complete before leaving the ATM
- Do not refresh or close your browser during an on-going online transaction
FAQs about Canara Bank debit card
What is a Canara Bank debit card?
It is a debit card issued by Canara Bank which allows you to withdraw money from ATMs, get mini statements and lets you enquire about your balance.
What are the variants of Canara Bank Debit Cards?
Canara bank Debit Cards are available in two variants:
- Standard/Classic Canara Bank Debit Card
- Platinum Canara Bank Debit Card
What is a PIN number?
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a 4 digit unique number that not only allows you to carry out online transactions but also enables you to withdraw cash at Canara Bank ATMs and enhances security of your transactions.
Where can I use my Canara Bank debit card?
Canara Bank Debit cards can be used at any merchant establishment or online shopping portal to make payments.
How often can I change my Canara bank debit card PIN?
PIN can be changed as many times as you want.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Canara Bank Education Loan
- Canara Bank Savings Account
- Canara Bank Car Loan
- Canara Bank Car Loan Interest Rates
- Canara Bank Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Canara Bank Personal Loan
- Canara Bank Used Car Loan
- Canara Bank Credit Card
- Canara Bank RD Interest Rates
- Canara Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- Canara Bank Home Loan
- Canara Bank IFSC Code
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.