- Pay your utility bills easily
- Enjoy special offers when shopping, dining, traveling etc.
- The EMV chip and PIN on Canara Bank debit cards enhances security
Shri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai founded Canara Bank in Mangalore in July 1906, and it has developed quickly since then. The bank marked its hundredth year in the banking industry in June 2006, and it continued to expand with nine sponsored institutions/joint ventures in India and internationally. In December 2014, Canara Bank made its presence felt by opening 5641 branches throughout all geographical regions. Customer pleasure and convenience are their top priorities, and to that end, the bank has installed 7599 ATMs in 3839 locations.
Canara Bank provides a variety of products and services, including debit cards. You may use your debit card to withdraw money at ATMs at any time and get cashback and discounts on movie tickets, travel, dining, and other leisure activities. You can withdraw money from Canara Bank ATMs without paying a fee. In the case of other bank ATMs, the service price is waived for the first five transactions, but after that, a fee of Rs. 15 is imposed every ATM transaction.
Types of Canara Bank debit cards
Canara Bank Platinum Debit Card
The Platinum debit card, which is based on EMV Chip and PIN technology, is a global debit card that provides a high level of security and ensures the safety of your transactions. This Canara Bank debit card has a ten-year validity period and is accepted worldwide. Get Rs. 25000 in purchase protection and up to Rs.4 lakh in life insurance. This card's Travel Assistance feature assists you in finding crucial locations and offers you with pre-departure information. In the event of an emergency, the Emergency Medical Assistance and Prescription Assistance programs assist you in locating medical services near you as well as delivering prescription medications to your location.
Canara Bank Campus Card
The Campus card is specially devised for the students and is issued as a co-branded card, in association with many reputed educational institutes. Students can use this Canara Bank debit card to pay their fees and can also use them to enjoy other benefits of a debit card. The card comes with a photo of the cardholder, hence, making it an identity card for the student. They can avail internet banking and also enjoy the value added services provided at the ATMs. The student applying for the debit card must complete filling the prescribed application form, obtain internet banking facility and submit it to the respective institution. The student and the institution must open an account with the core banking branch.
- Anyone with a Canara Bank savings account or current account associated with Canara Bank is eligible
- NRIs, employees and ex-employees of the bank are eligible
- Students are eligible for the Canara Campus card but they should not be below the age of 13 years
Canara Bank debit card offers
You can save upto 25% on dining while using your Canara Bank debit card. Avail special discounts at spas like the O2 Spa, Spa Alila, Kairali Ayurvedic Spa, Three Aces, Richfeel Hair & Scalp Clinic and more. Enjoy 10% discount on all your purchases at Peora jewellery. Recharge your mobile, DTH and internet, all under one roof, using gorecharge.com
Benefits of holding a Canara Bank debit card
- Canara Bank debit cards provide a lot of security as the cards are protected with EMV chip and PIN feature.
- Customers can withdraw cash, get mini statements, book railway tickets and recharge their mobile at the Canara Bank ATMs.
- Enjoy complimentary life insurance benefits worth up to Rs. 4 lakh and purchase protection worth Rs. 25000.
- Shop online using the E-Shoppe feature and avail special offers at select merchant outlets.
- Earn cash back for all your purchases and pay your utility bills easily.
- The Global Customer Access Service helps you while you are travelling and assists you with all the required information.
- The Emergency Medical Assistance and Prescription Assistance features are very helpful in case of a medical emergency and help you by delivering prescribed medicines to your location.
- Students can pay their fees using the Canara Bank debit card and can make use of the other features too.
Quick tips about Canara Bank debit card
- On receiving the Canara debit card, check if your name has been printed correctly on the card
- Sign on the backside of the card so that it’s easy for you to make payments at merchant outlets
- Make sure that you don’t give anyone access to your card
- In case of loss or theft of card, inform the Canara Bank customer care department immediately
- Ensure that your transaction is complete before leaving the ATM
- Do not refresh or close your browser during an on-going online transaction
FAQs about Canara Bank debit card
What is a Canara Bank debit card?
It is a debit card issued by Canara Bank which allows you to withdraw money from ATMs, get mini statements and lets you enquire about your balance.
What are the variants of Canara Bank Debit Cards?
Canara bank Debit Cards are available in two variants:
- Standard/Classic Canara Bank Debit Card
- Platinum Canara Bank Debit Card
What is a PIN number?
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a 4 digit unique number that not only allows you to carry out online transactions but also enables you to withdraw cash at Canara Bank ATMs and enhances security of your transactions.
Where can I use my Canara Bank debit card?
Canara Bank Debit cards can be used at any merchant establishment or online shopping portal to make payments.
How often can I change my Canara bank debit card PIN?
PIN can be changed as many times as you want.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- Canara Bank Education Loan
- Canara Bank Savings Account
- Canara Bank Car Loan
- Canara Bank Car Loan Interest Rates
- Canara Bank Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Canara Bank Personal Loan
- Canara Bank Used Car Loan
- Canara Bank Credit Card
- Canara Bank RD Interest Rates
- Canara Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- Canara Bank Home Loan
- Canara Bank IFSC Code
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.