The Canara Campus Card is an initiative by Canara Bank to enable students to enjoy the benefits of a debit card and facilitate cashless transactions and access to convenient cash withdrawals. The cards are available to students who are enrolled in institutions or colleges that have partnered with Canara Bank. With the Campus Debit Card, students can pay their fees easily and conveniently. They will also have access to Point of Sale Electronic Data Capturing Machine on campus. The cards are also personalised with their photo and the college name, logo or emblem, and can be used as ID proof. For educational institutions, there are also a number of benefits by partnering with Canara Bank for this scheme.
Features of Canara Campus Card
The debit card will bear the photo of the student on the front side of the card. The card can function as a document of identity.
Students will have access to ATMs to make withdrawals using their debit card. They will also be able to carry out any of the other transaction services available on the ATM. Withdrawal limits are on par with the regular debit card. Students can withdraw up to Rs.40,000 per day at Canara Bank ATMs. The limit at other bank ATMs is Rs.10,000 per day.
Students can use their debit cards to make purchases at POS merchant outlets. POS transaction limits are on par with the regular debit card. The card can be used up to Rs.1 lakh per day. There are no limits on POS transaction made within the campus.
The debit card can be used to pay the college or institution fees.
Students can use their debit card at Canara Bank ATMs to carry out mobile recharges and top-ups.
The card will be valid till the student completes the course being pursued as entered in the application form. After course completion, Canara Bank will issue a normal debit card after the student cancels the Canara Campus card as per the prevailing procedure.
The card will be issued in the name of Canara Bank and the reputed educational institution or college.
Canara Bank will install a rent-free Point of Sale Electronic Data Capturing Machine. The POSEDC will be provided at the college campus.
- Any student enrolled in an institution which has tied up with Canara Bank for this scheme.
- Students must be at least 13 years old.
- Students must have an operative account with the core banking branch of Canara Bank. If the student does not have an account, they can open one.
- Joint accounts are not eligible for this scheme.
- No add-on cards are allowed.
How to apply
- Students will be required to fill up the application form for opening a Canara Bank account.
- Students can also get Internet and mobile banking facilities by opting for the same in the application form. The duly-filled form should be submitted along with a photograph. Any other document required will include identity proof and address proof.
- If the student already has a bank account with the core banking branch or designated branch, then the institution will be required to collect the details of the student and provide it to Canara Bank. The bank will then connect the dots and issue the Campus Card.
- For students who are NRIs, PIOs or foreign nationals, they need to also submit a certified copy of their passport along with the application form.
Fees and Charges of Canara Campus Card
Listed below are the fees and charges associated with the Canara Bank Platinum Debit Card:
|EMV Chip Card issuance||Rs.250|
|Hotlisting and duplicate card for lost card||Rs.150|
|Canara Bank ATM Transaction charges||Free|
|Balance Enquiry at other bank ATMs||Rs.10 per transaction|
|Declined transaction at other bank ATMs||Rs.10 per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal at POS within India at Canara Bank Member Establishment||Rs.1,000 per day can be withdrawn at a fee of 1% of the transaction amount plus GST|
|Cash withdrawal at POS abroad at Other Bank’s Merchant Establishment||Rs.1,000 per day can be withdrawn at a fee of 1% of the transaction amount plus GST|
|Transactions at other bank ATMs at metro locations (Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad)||First 3 transactions are free. Subsequent financial transactions are charged Rs.20 and non-financial transactions are charged Rs.10|
|Transactions at other bank ATMs at any other location||First 5 transactions are free. Subsequent financial transactions are charged Rs.20 and non-financial transactions are charged Rs.10|
|SMS alerts||Rs.15 per quarter|
|Charge Slip Request at Canara Bank Member Establishment||Rs.100|
|Charge Slip Request at Other Bank’s Merchant Establishment||Actuals, subject to a minimum of Rs.100|
Information for the Educational Institution
- A POSEDC will be provided rent-free at the college campus.Space for the machine must be provided in the premises on the institution.
- A separate agreement will be executed between Canara Bank and the institution for becoming a member establishment of its POS terminals
- No commission fee will be charged by Canara Bank for using Canara Campus Cards at the POSEDC.
- If any other card is used at the POSEDC, then the college will have to pay the agreed rate of the transaction amount to Canara Bank.
- The institution will have to source the prescribed application forms, photos and documents of the students and submit it to the bank.
- The institution must mention the residual duration of the course of the student as the card will be valid only till the course is completed.
- The institution is required to open a bank account with Canara Bank for the purpose of depositing or collecting tuition fees and other charges from the students.
- Details of the students need to be provided in electronic format in the prescribed format of the bank.
- The institution will bear responsibility for receipt and distribution of the card and PIN mailers with the acknowledgment of the students.
- The logo, emblem or name of the institution will be used on the Campus Card and authorisation to do so must be provided.
- The institution must advise the students to link their Campus Card with the branch at which their bank account has been opened.
- All fees and charges associated with the Campus Card issued to the students by Canara Bank must be accepted by the educational institution.
Canara Campus Card FAQs
- What services are provided at Canara Bank ATMs?
Canara Bank ATMs provide the following services:
- Balance enquiry
- Cash withdrawal
- Mini Statement
- Statement Request
- PIN change
- Mobile recharge or top-up
Yes, you can request for a replacement card from Canara Bank. A fee of Rs.50 will be levied.
Inform Canara Bank immediately by calling the toll free number 1800 425 0018. The card will be blocked. You can request for a new card. A fee of Rs.150 will be applicable.
Yes, you can request for card hotlisting by sending CAN
You can use the Campus Debit Card to carry out the following transactions:
Pay tuition fees
Pay any other fees to the educational institution
Make cash withdrawals from ATMs or POS merchants
Make purchases at merchant outlets
The Campus Card is a regular debit card and can be used for normal transactions allowed on any debit card.
Once you have completed your course at the educational institution, you can request to cancel your Campus Debit Card with Canara Bank. You can dispose of your invalid card by cutting it into four along the magnetic strip. This will protect you against any misuse, fraud or duplication. Canara Bank will issue a regular debit card in place of your Campus Card.
Yes, the Campus Card will give you access to online banking. You need to request for the same in the application form.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.