Highlighting Features of IndusInd Bank Debit Cards
- Make cash withdrawals, cash/cheque deposit, credit card bill payments, balance enquiry, mobile top-up and much more at any of the 1200 IndusInd ATMs.
- Shop at over 4,00,000 merchant locations within India and over 26 million merchants worldwide.
- Exclusive rewards and offers on dining, travel, apparel, wellness and many other lifestyle needs.
- Get rid of all restrictions with high daily transaction limits for purchases and cash withdrawals.
- Sign up for Verified by Visa and shop without a worry not only at stores but also online.
About IndusInd Bank
Founded in the year 1994, IndusInd Bank Limited is among the first new-generation private banks which have carved their own path to success in the financial services sector. Based in Mumbai, the bank currently boasts of a revenue of Rs 82.5 billion and specializes in providing retail banking services. Despite being recently established, IndusInd Bank has, over the course of its short history, garnered much repute in the banking industry with its vision to add value to the businesses of its clients and stakeholders. Over the years, IndusInd has been the recipient of a host of prestigious awards for displaying rapid growth and has also received the ISO certification for its IT operations.
Driven by its passion for innovation, IndusInd Bank also places utmost importance on the principle of ‘Customer Responsiveness’ in order to improve customers’ banking experiences. Some of the many user-friendly innovations brought about to enhance the customer's experience include the introduction of Video Branch. This feature will allow customers to virtually interact with the Branch Manager, Relationship Manager or the Video Branch Executive, while also being able to enjoy all other banking services like opening deposit accounts or transferring money.
Beside this, some of the other helpful features introduced by the bank are Denomination Selection where customers can select from Rs 100, Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denominations during cash withdrawals, Quick Redeem Service allows customers to redeem reward points quickly and the Cash on Mobile ATM will let you withdraw or send money via the IndusMobile App or any of the IndusInd ATMs. IndusInd currently operates with a wide spread network of 638 branches and 1238 ATMs located across 392 locations within India and offers a suite of well-designed financial products and services.
About IndusInd Debit Cards
A world of convenience and excitement awaits you. IndusInd Bank brings you its array of easy to use debit cards which are sure to redefine the way you transact. Being extremely simple and hassle-free to use, these cards also employ robust security features to help keep all your transactions safe. Be it shopping, eating out, traveling or anything else for that matter, IndusInd Debit Cards are here to take care of it all.
The IndusInd Bank range of debit cards includes 4 cards – International Classic VISA Debit Card, International Gold VISA Debit Card, Maximum Platinum VISA Debit Card and the Platinum Plus Debit Card. All these cards carry their own set of benefits and features, along with separate terms and conditions of use and withdrawal limits.
Types of IndusInd Bank Debit Cards
- This debit card makes cash withdrawal easier by giving you access to 1200 IndusInd Bank ATMs, over 60,000 VISA/PLUS ATMs and over a million ATMs worldwide with IndusInd’s associated partners.
- Transaction security is assured, not only online but also at merchant locations, as this card employs world class Verified by Visa (VbV) security.
- Lost your card? No worry. You get Complimentary Card Insurance which covers liability up to Rs 25,000.
- Enjoy exciting offers on apparel, electronics, travel, holidays, jewellry, wellness and a host of other lifestyle products and services with your IndusInd Bank International Classic VISA Debit Card.
- This card carries a daily transaction limit of Rs 25,000 from ATMs, a transaction limit of Rs 50,000 for shopping at online or merchant establishments and a limit of Rs 49,999 per day for Visa Credit Card Bill Payments (subject to your account balance)
- The International Gold VISA Debit Card comes loaded with an entire gamut of offers on lifestyle needs like apparel, electronics, travel, holidays, jewellry, wellness and a lot more.
- Get Complimentary Card Insurance covering liability up to Rs 25,000.
- Enjoy flexible credit limits along with higher daily transaction limits of Rs 50,000 from ATMs, Rs 1,00,000 for shopping at online or merchant establishments and a limit of Rs 49,999 per day for Visa Credit Card Bill Payments (subject to your account balance)
- Online shopping, e-payments, bill payments, credit card bill payment, mobile top-ups are just some of the many benefits which this debit card offers.
- With Indus Money, get rewarded for all kinds of spending on your savings account. Be it shopping, e-shopping, bill payments, cash withdrawals or investments.
- An exclusive card which reflects your style and personal. Explore exciting offers, privileges and benefits across several verticals with your Maximum Platinum VISA Debit Card.
- Say no to limits with this exclusive debit card which allows a daily shopping / purchase limit of up to Rs 2,00,000 per day, Rs 1,00,000 on ATM withdrawals, and Rs 49,999 per day for Visa Credit Card bill payments.
- This card features multiple protection features like air accident insurance worth Rs 30,00,000, lost card liability up to Rs 3,00,000 and purchase protection up to Rs 50,000.
- Get rewarded for all your purchases at merchant outlets, online shopping and e-payments. Enjoy multiple rewards for Points Redemption or opt for Auto Cashback into your account.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waivers and a host of exciting offers on electronics, dining, apparel, travel, holiday, wellness and lots more.
- Enjoy the convenience of cashless transactions along with a ton of other exciting features, rewards and benefits with your Platinum Plus VISA Debit Card.
- Use your debit card to withdraw cash, deposit cheques/cash, make credit card bill payments and much more at any of the 1200 IndusInd Bank ATM’s. Also, you have access to any of the 120,000 VISA/PLUS ATMs in India and over a million network associated ATMs worldwide.
- Enjoy a waiver on your fuel surcharge and bonus points on every Rs 100 charged with your Platinum Plus VISA Debit Card.
- Get exclusive Joining Benefits like vouchers from leading merchants, 500 reward points on your first swipe, 200 bonus points on card activation at an IndusInd Bank ATM, 100 bonus points for activating mobile banking and the freedom to design your own card.
- Enjoy a waiver on your first year’s annual fee. Pay only Rs 799 as annual fee from the 2nd year onwards.
- Cardholders get gift vouchers worth Rs.4000 on the first card swipe. Also, 500 reward points are credited after the first card swipe. Also, bonus points are offered for activating the debit card at IndusInd ATM and for enabling mobile banking
- Customers are offered lost card liability cover worth Rs.3 lakhs, air accident insurance up to Rs.30 lakhs, purchase protection worth Rs.50,000 and personal accident cover up to Rs.2 lakhs.
- Cardholders can use the card at over 1200 IndusInd ATMs across the country for credit card bill payments, cash withdrawal, balance enquiry, mobile top up and other purposes. Also, they can use the card to withdraw cash from over 1,20,000 Visa ATMs and use over a million ATMs abroad. The Signature debit card can also be used at over 9 lakh merchant stores for transactions.
- With over 1200 IndusInd Bank ATMs peppered throughout the country, withdrawing money, depositing cash or cheques, paying credit card bills, checking balance and more have never been easier. IndusInd also has bilateral agreements with associates such as NFS and VISA.
- You can shop stress-free at more than nine lacs mercantile in the country as well as crores of others overseas.
- Transaction Limits: You shall not spend more than INR 2.5 lakhs a day using this card for shopping at any e-commerce portal or mercantile. You may withdraw only up to INR 1.25 lakhs a day from IndusInd or other banks ATMs.
Indus Money is a loyalty program for the customers of IndusInd Bank. The Indus Money program was designed in line with the bank’s view to give more to its customers than what they are expecting. The program awards eligible customers when they use their debit cards for various financial transactions; hence, providing a more rewarding banking experience.
Key Features of the Indus Money program
The Indus Money program allocates points to the loyalty account of customers when they swipe their card at any merchant outlet. Customers can also accrue points when they use any of the Direct Banking Channels of the bank, i.e., ATMs, Mobile Banking facility, and Internet Banking system. The most notable feature of the program is the fact that it rewards customers for ATM withdrawals as well.
- IndusInd International Classic VISA Debit Card - Customers holding this card can avail a bouquet of benefits through the Indus Money loyalty program. They can redeem their points against a catalogue that has an extensive list of items ranging from household goods, children’s accessories, electronics, and designer fragrances. Customers can also choose to redeem points for a cashback transaction into their accounts. Points will be accrued on the card as follows:
|Transaction Mode||Points Accumulated|
|Purchase using the debit card||1 point for every Rs.250 spent, with no upper limit|
|Online payments||2 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|Payments through mobile banking||2 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
Starting from 1st September 2015, IndusInd International Classic VISA Debit Card holders can earn up to 1000 reward points in a month. They will also be awarded bonus points for the first time usage of the net banking facility, the debit card, ATM and the mobile banking system. Additionally, they can benefit from extra 1X points for all online transactions and international purchases.
- IndusInd International Gold VISA Debit Card - The customers in possession of this card can earn reward points for all financial transactions using the card, including online shopping, swiping the card at a merchant location, payment of bills, cash withdrawals, mobile top-ups, investments through SIPs, etc. Reward points will accrue on this card as follows:
|Transaction Mode||Points Accumulated (monthly)|
|Purchase using the debit card||1 point for every Rs.200 spent|
|Online payments and mobile top-ups||5 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|Payments through mobile banking||5 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|SI/ECS||2 points for every Rs.500 spent, up to a cumulative amount of Rs.20,000 per month|
|ATM withdrawals||2 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 IndusInd transactions per month|
Staring from 1st September 2015, Gold Card holders can earn up to 1000 reward points per month. Customers can also get a bonus for the first-time use of the debit card, ATM, mobile banking facility, or net banking system. Additional 1X points are awarded for all online transactions and International purchases.
- Maximum Platinum VISA Debit Card - The Maximum Platinum VISA Debit Card offers the maximum benefits under the Indus Money program. Customers holding this card receive 5 times the reward points for purchases at online shopping websites, swiping the card at merchant locations, mobile payments, or any other type of e-payments. Multiple options for the redemption of rewards are also provided. Customers can choose to redeem the points against a vast catalogue, or even get an auto cashback into the account. Reward points will accrue on the debit card as follows:
|Monthly debit card spend for domestic purchases||Points accrued per Rs.100 spent|
|Up to Rs.5,000||1|
|Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000||2|
|Rs.10,001 to Rs.20,000||3|
|Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000||4|
|Monthly debit card spend for international purchases and e-commerce||Points accrued per Rs.100 spent|
|Up to Rs.5,000||2|
|Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000||3|
|Rs.10,001 to Rs.20,000||4|
|Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000||5|
In addition to the above, points will be awarded as follows:
|Transaction Mode||Points accrued|
|e-Payments||10 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|Mobile Banking payments||10 points for every transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
The redemption options are as shown below:
|Option for redemption||Description|
|Product Catalogue||Customers can redeem their points against an extensive range of branded products from the catalogue|
|Cashback on a monthly basis||Customers can redeem their points for cashback. Each point will have a value of 50 paise|
|Jet Privilege Miles||Customers can convert their points to JP Miles, at the rate of 1 JP Mile for every 2 reward points|
The customer will be awarded bonus points for the first-time use of the debit card, ATM, Mobile Banking facility, or Net Banking system. These points are referred to as Activation Points. The first transaction on each type of usage will earn bonus points based on the earning grid shown below:
|Earning Structure||Regular||Gold||Platinum/Business Platinum||Platinum Plus|
|Point of sale - Domestic (within 90 days of issuance of the card)||100||100||200||500|
|Point of sale - Domestic (after 90 days of issuance of the card)||50||50||100||100|
|International Point of sale or e-commerce transaction||25||25||50||50|
|Internet banking (within 90 days of issuance of the card)||100||100||200||200|
|Internet banking (after 90 days of issuance of the card)||25||25||50||50|
|ATM ON-US (within 90 days of issuance of the card)||100||100||200||200|
|ATM OFF-US (within 90 days of issuance of the card)||50||50||100||100|
|Mobile banking (within 90 days of issuance of the card)||50||50||100||100|
|Mobile banking (after 90 days of issuance of the card)||25||25||50||50|
Usage points are earned as shown in the table below:
|Earning Structure||Regular||Gold||Platinum/Business Platinum||Platinum Plus|
|Point of sale - Domestic||1 point for every Rs.250 spent, up to a maximum of 1,000 RP per month||1 point for every Rs.200 spent, up to a maximum of 1,000 RP per month||Up to Rs.5,000 - RP 1 per Rs.100 Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000 - RP 2 per Rs.100 Rs.10,001 to Rs.20,000 - RP 3 per Rs.100 Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000 - RP 4 per Rs.100 Above Rs.40,000 - RP 5 per Rs.100 This is with a maximum cap of 2,000 RP per month||Up to Rs.5,000 - RP 2 per Rs.100 Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000 - RP 3 per Rs.100 Rs.10,001 to Rs.20,000 - RP 4 per Rs.100 Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000 - RP 5 per Rs.100 Above Rs.40,000 - RP 6 per Rs.100 This is with a maximum cap of 2,000 RP per month|
|International Point of sale or e-commerce transaction||2 points for every Rs.250 spent, up to a maximum of 1,000 RP per month||2 points for every Rs.200 spent, up to a maximum of 1,000 RP per month||Up to Rs.5,000 - RP 2 per Rs.100 Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000 - RP 3 per Rs.100 Rs.10,001 to Rs.20,000 - RP 4 per Rs.100 Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000 - RP 5 per Rs.100 Above Rs.40,000 - RP 6 per Rs.100 This is with a maximum cap of 2,000 RP per month||Up to Rs.5,000 - RP 2 per Rs.100 Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000 - RP 3 per Rs.100 Rs.10,001 to Rs.20,000 - RP 4 per Rs.100 Rs.20,001 to Rs.40,000 - RP 5 per Rs.100 Above Rs.40,000 - RP 6 per Rs.100 This is with a maximum cap of 4,000 RP per month|
|Internet banking||2 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||5 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||10 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||10 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|ATM ON-US||2 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||5 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||10 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||10 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|Mobile banking||2 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||5 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||10 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month||10 points per transaction, up to a maximum of 5 transactions per month|
|ECS/SI||25 points per Rs.500 spent (There is a maximum limit of 50 points per transaction and a cap of 75 points each month)||25 points per Rs.500 spent (There is a maximum limit of 50 points per transaction and a cap of 75 points each month)||50 points per Rs.500 spent, up to a maximum limit of 50 points per transaction and a cap of 150 points per month||50 points per Rs.500 spent, up to a maximum limit of 50 points per transaction and a cap of 150 points per month|
Persistence points will be awarded in the following ways:
|Earning Structure||Regular||Gold||Platinum||Platinum Plus|
|Debit Card - For a minimum Point of sale spend equal to Rs.500 per month, for 3 continuous months.||100||100||200||200|
|Internet Banking - For 1 internet banking transaction each month, for 3 continuous months.||25||25||50||50|
|Mobile Banking - For 1 transaction each month, for 3 continuous months.||25||25||50||50|
It should be noted the above eligibility criteria and benefits will stand valid, subject to certain terms and conditions specified by the bank.
How to Block an IndusInd Debit Card
Customers usually block their debit cards in cases of loss or theft of the card.
Customer Care Helpline
When a customer wants to block their debit card, they can do so by calling the bank’s toll-free customer care number. The customer care executive will block the debit card after obtaining the customer’s details. These personal details include the customer’s account number, date of birth, and most recent transactions.
Sending a Written Request through Email
IndusInd Bank customers can also send an email to the customer support desk and make a written request to have their debit card blocked.
Visiting the bank branch
Debit cards can also be blocked by visiting the bank branch where their account is held.
IndusInd Bank customers can also use their internet banking facilities to block their debit card.
IndusInd Bank Debit Card Offers & Deals
Welcome to a world of benefits and offers which accompany your IndusInd Debit Card. Enjoy exclusive discounts on leisure and lifestyle activities like shopping, travelling, health and wellness centers, dining establishments and so much more. Not only do you get the convenience but also the superior security of Verified by Visa transactions. Enjoy high limits on daily transactions, ATM cash withdrawals and credit card bill payments, along with a series of Joining Benefits as bonus / reward points.
Benefits of Holding an IndusInd Bank Debit Card
- Choose from a host of Rewards Redemption options like products from the Exclusive Product Catalogue, Monthly Cash Back or JetPrivilege Miles
- Avail the most exciting offers on travel, apparel, electronics, jewellry, dining, wellness and much more.
- Stay protected with complimentary Card Insurance which covers air accident insurance, lost card misuse liability and purchase protection for online and e-purchases.
Quick Tips to Use Your IndusInd Bank Debit Card Better
A debit card can come in very handy for making quick purchases. However, there are a few tips to keep in mind while using your debit card to ensure its safety, along with that of your transactions.
- Never disclose your debit card PIN number to anyone or store it written on your card. Only you must be privy to your PIN number.
- While carrying out an online transaction, ensure that the process is secured by verified security agents like Verified by Visa. Also, it is strongly advised to buy from trusted and reliable merchants when shopping online.
- In case your card is lost or stolen, immediately report the same to IndusInd Bank.
- Keep your card safely and avoid exposing it to dirt, keys and other objects which could demagnetize the strip or damage it, rendering the card useless.
FAQ’s for IndusInd Debit Cards
- Is the IndusInd Bank Debit Card valid worldwide?
Yes, you can use your indusInd card at over 26 million merchant locations worldwide to make payments.
- Can I make online payments with an IndusInd Bank debit card?
Yes. This card can be used not only at merchant locations, but also for online purchases and e-payments.
- Can I design my own card?
Yes, with the Platinum Plus VISA Debit Card, you can choose to personalize the card with a design of your choice.
- Do I get a fuel surcharge waiver with my IndusInd Debit Card?
Yes. With different IndusInd Bank Debit Cards, you get varying amounts of fuel surcharge waiver.
- Is it possible to raise a Stop Cheque request for my IndusInd Bank cheque that was deposited at any of the IndusInd Bank ATMs?
Yes, this is possible.
- What happens in the scenario where the Stop Cheque request is confirmed, but later, the cheque is cleared?
You do not have to worry about such an occurrence. The Stop Cheque request is usually initiated online, and if the cheque has been stopped as per the request, it will not be cleared later.
- If the compensation is not credited as per the conditions set by the bank, what can the customer do as a follow-up procedure?
Customers can contact the bank at their customer service helpdesk for such issues. In case the bank does not respond favourably, they can lodge complaints with the local Banking Ombudsman.
- How can I use my debit card for making purchases online?
You can make online purchases with your debit card by registering for Verified by Visa with a secure password. This can be done either through the bank’s website, or at the time of making the online purchase.
- What is Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa is a service that offers the customers additional safety when they use their IndusInd Visa Debit Card for online purchases. This service assures the customers a safe online purchase process, as all transactions are protected by passwords.
- When will my Verified by Visa password expire?
The Verified by Visa password of a customer never expires. As long as it is not specifically changed by the customer, it will remain the same.
- Can I use the Verified by Visa security at online stores that are not affiliated to the service?
No, the IndusInd Bank secure internet payment service is only available at merchant websites that are in compliance with the Verified by Visa service.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.