- Online payments are secured by ‘Verified by Visa’/ ‘MasterCard SecureCode’
- Avail great discounts on shopping, dining, refuelling, entertainment and more
- Cashback on shopping and life insurance cover upto Rs. 10 lakh is provided
- SMS alerts for easy tracking of your expenses through HDFC Debit Card
Established in the year 1994, HDFC, also known as the Housing Development Finance Corporation, was the first private bank to be authorized by the RBI to commence operations. Based out of Mumbai, the bank has been steadily growing since its commencement. The bank provides a lot of products and offers and one of them is debit card. HDFC Bank debit cards are extremely useful for shopping, dining, movie ticket purchases, entertainment etc. Customers are entitled to 5 free transactions at HDFC ATMs and 3 transactions at other bank ATMs, post which, they will be charged a fee of Rs. 20 plus GST, for every ATM transaction. After your transactions, you get SMS alerts to track your expenses.
Types of HDFC Debit Cards
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card
Collect JPMiles and avail free flight tickets. You are also entitled to life insurance cover upto Rs. 25 lakhs. Save more when you refuel at any petrol station across India. The great thing about this HDFC debit card is that, it comes with EMV chip which provides a lot of security.
EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card
Save more at all fuel stations in India. You get Re.1 cash back for spending Rs.100 at retail stores or online stores. The HDFC Bank EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip debit card allows you to withdraw Rs. 1 lakh daily and provides you with a shopping limit of Rs. 2.75 lakhs per day. It is extremely secure against all fraudulence as this HDFC debit card has advanced encryption technology on it.
EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
EasyShop Platinum debit card helps you save when you refuel at any petrol station across India. The daily ATM withdrawal limit is Rs. 1 lakh and daily shopping limit is Rs. 2.75 lakh. Avail life insurance worth upto Rs. 10 lakh and earn cashback for all your purchases.
EasyShop Titanium Royale Debit Card
This debit card entitles you to complimentary access to Clipper Lounges at airports across India along with 1% cashback while shopping at merchant outlets and onne stores. The daily withdrawal limit from HDFC Bank ATMs is Rs. 75000 and the daily shopping limit is Rs. 1.75 lakh. The Fuel Surcharge Reversal feature in this card helps you save a lot when you refuel at any petrol station across India.
EasyShop Gold Debit Card
The EasyShop Gold debit card carries safety features to protect transactions. This HDFC Bank debit card has several offers including fuel surcharge waiver and cashbacks on purchases made online and at retail stores. You are provided with free insurance cover upto Rs. 5 lakh with this HDFC debit card.
EasyShop Titanium Debit Card
The EasyShop Titanium debit card features a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 50000 along with a shopping daily limit of Rs. 1.75 lakh. With enhanced security features to protect your transactions, this debit card also allows you to save money with Fuel Surcharge Reversal.
EasyShop Debit Card
Not only does this debit card provide enhanced security on all your purchases but also allows you to save on fuel surcharge at select BPCL stations.
EasyShop Business Debit Card
Get 0.5% cashback on purchases from both online stores and retail outlets. The Fire and Baggage Insurance protects your luggage from all damages. Save substantially when you are refuelling at any petrol station across India.
EasyShop Woman’s Advantage Debit Card
This HDFC debit card provides you with life insurance worth Rs. 2 lakh. Enjoy 50% discount on locker fees, applicable for the first year of the debit card usage and avail cashback on all purchases done at online stores, merchant outlets and at select BPCL fuel stations.
EasyShop NRO Debit Card
Save more on fuel recharge at select BPCL petrol pumps. The card offers enhanced security and protects your transactions in case of theft or loss of card. The daily HDFC Bank ATM withdrawal limit is Rs. 25000 and the daily shopping limit stands at Rs. 1.75 lakh.
RuPay Premium Debit Card
Not only can you pay your utility bills but also earn 5% cashback and 1% fuel surcharge waiver by using your RuPay Premium debit card. Avail life insurance worth Rs. 2 lakh with this debit card which can be used at RuPay enabled ATMs, merchant outlets and online stores.
Times Points Debit Card
Customers can now earn points for online shopping, dining, and groceries. HDFC has a unique digital loyalty program under which times points is added as a unique currency. With Times Points Debit Card, customers can avail an exclusive discount of 10% on online lifestyle, entertainment, dining, and grocery. You can also earn 2 times points for every Rs.150 spent. The card also comes with accelerated personal accident cover of up to Rs.10 lakhs, international air accident cover, fire and burglary protection of Rs.2 lakhs, and checked baggage insurance sum of Rs.2 lakhs.
HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
You can now earn up to 2,000 reward points every month with the HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card. Using this card, customers can avail a discount of 20% on Apollo branded products. HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card includes insurance cover of Rs.5 lakh and fuel surcharge reversal option.
Eligibility for Applying HDFC Debit Cards
All residents of India and NRIs can apply for HDFC Bank debit cards and enjoy privileges and offers. A person having a savings account / current account / super saver account / salary account is eligible for HDFC debit card.
Benefits of holding an HDFC Bank Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Debit Card is one stop solution to all your cashless tranasctions.
- The payments that you make online are protected by Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode Password / OTP.
- In certain cases, chip cards are added for enhanced security.
- There are some great discounts which you can avail on HDFC Bank debit cards for travelling, shopping, dining, entertainment etc.
- Not only can you enjoy a lot of offers and cashbacks using your debit card but are also entitled to an insurance cover of upto Rs. 10 lakh.
- Keep track of all your expenditures with timely SMS alerts.
Generating an HDFC Bank ATM PIN Using OTP
Previously, when HDFC Bank customers required a new ATM PIN, the bank sent the customers physical copies of their new ATM PIN through the post. HDFC has now changed this practice, and customers who have forgotten their HDFC Bank ATM PIN can generate a new ATM PIN using HDFC’s Go Green initiative.
The following are the steps to generate a new ATM PIN using HDFC’s GO Green initiative:
- Call the HDFC customer care from the registered mobile number and request a change of ATM PIN.
- The bank then sends a 6-digit OTP as an SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Visit an HDFC ATM and insert the debit card.
- Select the ‘Language’ option, followed by ‘Create new ATM PIN using OTP’.
- Enter the OTP sent by the bank, followed by the registered mobile number.
- Create a new 4-digit ATM PIN
The bank levies a certain fee for changing an ATM PIN.
HDFC Bank offers the latest technology called NetSafe which protects your account while making online transactions. Using NetSafe, customers can now create a virtual card from their HDFC Bank Visa Credit or Debit Card or Mastercard Credit or Debit card numbers. This offers complete security to your online transactions. NetSafe is unique because, throughout the online payment process, your debit or credit card number is not relieved on the internet as you can use the virtual card number to draw funds or use it at any online merchant site while shopping. Customers will have to register for NetSafe only one time after which he/she can generate NetSafe Virtual Cards anywhere. Please note that each NetSafe Card can be used for a single transaction only. You can generate a NetSafe card by visiting HDFC Bank website. If you have generated a NetSafe card with a higher amount and have used it partially, any unused amount will be credited back to your credit or debit card.
Things to remember about NetSafe
- All transactions made using NetSafe Virtual Card will appear on the bank statement like any other statement
- Do not use HDFC credit or debit card details on any third-party merchant website
- You can set the amount while generating a NetSafe Virtual Card
- You can use your NetSafe Virtual Card on any merchant website that accepts Visa/Mastercard
Quick Tips for using HDFC Debit Card
- While making an ATM transaction, make sure you enter the correct PIN and wait till the transaction is complete to prevent any fraudulent activity
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone
- Make sure that you sign at the backside of your debit card. This makes it easy for merchants to validate your signature while you make purchases
- In case of theft or loss of card you must immediately inform the bank
HDFC Debit Card FAQs
1. What is the procedure to replace a damaged HDFC bank debit card?
Call up the HDFC phone banking department to provide them with the details of your lost card and put in a request for the issue of a new card.
2. Can I use my HDFC debit card to make purchases online?
You can make purchases not only at merchant locations but also online shopping portals.
3. What should I do if my HDFC debit card is not working?
There could be a technical issue and we advise you to call up the phone banking department and resolve the issue.
4. What is OTP?
OTP stand for One Time Password. This password can be used only once for a single transaction and helps prevent account misuse.
5. Do I need a new PIN for a replaced HDFC debit card?
No. You don’t need a new PIN for a replaced HDFC debit card. In case of theft or loss of card, a new card with the same PIN as before, is issued.
6. Are there any charges applicable on Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card?
If you are shopping at a merchant location, there are no transaction charges applicable on Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card. If any fuel surcharge is levied, it will be reversed within 75 days from the date of levy of the surcharge(up to Rs.750 per month). You can use Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card at all HDFC ATMs free of charge. However, you will be charged a nominal amount when you use your card in other bank ATMs. Also, charges will be levied at railway stations as per industry practice.
7. What should I do If I have a void transaction on my Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card?
You will have to fax us a copy of the void transaction slip. Simultaneously, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the same at your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
8. What are the offers I will get as an HDFC Times Debit Card Holder?
As a HDFC Times Debit Card Holder, you will receive 20 welcome offers from multiple leading e-com merchants from India. Also, there will be more than 350 offers on a regular basis on any given day. The minimum discount you will get apart from the discount given by the merchant is 10%.
9. What should I do if I face any issues while availing merchant offers?
For any issues you face while availing merchant offers, please send an Email to CS@timespointsdebit.com.
10. Is there a validity period on the offers I see as an HDFC Times Debit Card Holder?
Yes. The offers will be valid for minimum 3 months and maximum 12 months.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- HDFC Bank Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Education Loan
- HDFC Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan Eligibility
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
- HDFC Bank Car Loan
- HDFC Bank Used Car Loan
- Hdfc Car Loan Interest Rates
- Hdfc Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- HDFC RD Rates
- HDFC Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- HDFC Home Loan
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- HDFC IFSC Code
- HDFC Two Wheeler Loan
- SBI Saving Account Interest Rate
- Zero Balance Account
- Best Bank in India
- Savings Account Interest Rate
- HDFC Saving Account
- High Interest Savings Accounts
- Axis Bank Minimum Balance
- PNB Saving Account Interest Rate
- ICICI Bank Minimum Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking
- Citibank Savings Account
- Yes Bank Saving Account
- RBL Bank Account Opening
- Kotak Saving Account
- Andhra Bank Online Account Opening
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.