Overview of EasyShop Debit Card
HDFC Bank (The Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited) is one of the largest banking and financial companies in India. The bank, headquartered in Mumbai, has over 4000 branches and over 11,800 ATM’s. The bank also has over 76,000 employees. It was founded in 1994 and has customers around the globe. Some of the key products and services that the bank provides are Investment Banking, Finance & Insurance, Private Equity, Private Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Mortgages, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Investment Management, Consumer Banking and Corporate Banking.
HDFC’s EasyShop Debit Card is one of the many debit cards that the bank offers. The card is furnished with Card Security so that in the event of your card being stolen/misplaced, you will be protected. Cardholders can also save with Fuel Surcharge Reversal when using the card to pay for fuel at select BPCL fuel stations across India.
Features and Benefits of HDFC Bank EasyShop Debit Card
- HDFC’s EasyShop Debit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of Rs. 25,000 and shopping limit of Rs. 1,25,000 at merchant establishments.
- When you pay for fuel using the EasyShop Debit Card at any of the select BPCL Fuel Stations, it will be reversed back to you in a month’s time (from the date that you used the card to fill fuel). This feature can be of great help in these times of rising fuel prices. Up to Rs. 750.00 can be availed each month with this feature.
- Stay on top of your transactions with the Mobile Phone Alerts which send your messages every time there is a transaction on your card.
- No matter where in the world you are, EasyShop Debit Card holder will be assured to get the support of the very efficient team at Visa and MasterCard.
- If your card has been stolen/lost and you have reported it within 30 days, you will not have any liability in the event of any fraudulent Point of Sale transactions on the same EasyShop Debit Card.
- All your transactions online (online shopping and bill payments) are ensured to be completely safe thanks to the Verified by Visa/ MasterCard Secure Code service.
Eligibility Criteria for EasyShop Debit Card – HDFC Bank
Both NREs and Residents can apply for this debit card.
Indian Residents should be having any of the following to be eligible for this debit card:
- Savings Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
- SuperSaver Account
- Salary Account
- Current Account
How to apply for an EasyShop Debit Card?
If you are already a HDFC Bank Account holder, you just need to download the application form for the HDFC Debit Card, get a print-out of it and fill it in with your details. You can download the application form from the official HDFC Bank page. You must submit the duly filled form a branch of HDFC Bank. That’s it! Once processed, you will receive your card in the mailing address provided.
If you don’t have a HDFC Account, then you must download the Account Opening form, get a print-out of it, and fill in your information. Since this form includes the EasyShop Debit Card application, you do not need to fill out an additional form for the card. Once filled out, you must take the form to a branch of HDFC Bank in order to complete the process.
Another option is to get an Insta Debit Card which is available for this variant of Debit Card. You can just walk into a branch of HDFC and collect the Insta Debit Card and PIN. You must have a valid ID proof and cancelled cheque leaf on you when you go to the bank to get the card. It will take one working day for the card to be activated.
EasyShop Debit Card FAQs
What should I do in the case of a void transaction?
If there has been a void transaction, you just need to fax a copy of the void transaction slip to HDFC. You have the option of sending it to one of the PhoneBanking numbers or to a branch of the bank. You can email the same to the bank as well.
Where all can I use the EasyShop International Debit Card?
You can use the debit card at any of the HDFC Bank ATMs. At merchant outlets just look out for the Visa logo as they will all accept this particular debit card. In the case of ATMs, as long as they display a Visa or PLUS logo, you can use this debit card for transactions.
What is the transaction limit for this card?
The ATM withdrawal limit on this card is Rs. 25,000 per day. The shopping limit is Rs. 1,25,000 at merchant establishments .
Will I be charged for using my debit card in non-HDFC ATM in a foreign country?
Yes. You will be charged Rs. 25 + taxes per Balance Enquiry as well as Rs. 125 + taxes per Cash Withdrawal.
Will I be charged for ATM PIN generation?
Yes, you will be charged Rs. 50 + applicable taxes for ATM PIN generation
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.