Bank of India Debit Cards – Highlights
Bank of India Overview
A group of renowned businessmen founded Bank of India on 7th September, 1906. It was nationalised in the year 1969 and opened its first office in Mumbai. With 4828 branches spread across India, Bank of India has become one of the top nationalised banks. Bank of India has pioneered several ground-breaking services and it is one of the first nationalised banks to launch an entirely computerised branch and ATM facility, back in the year 1989.
Bank of India has its presence in 22 foreign countries across the globe. With 56 branches, 1 joint venture and 5 subsidiaries, Bank of India is well established internationally in countries like Tokyo, London, Singapore, Paris, New York, Hong Kong and Jersey. You can make unlimited cash withdrawals from Bank of India ATMs and 5 free transaction from other bank ATMs, every month. Rs. 20 is charged for any transaction after that.
Types of Bank of India debit cards
MasterCard debit cards
Master debit card
This Bank of India debit card is valid for both international and domestic transactions and can be used at any ATM or merchant outlet. Enjoy a daily withdrawal limit of Rs 25000 and a daily purchase limit worth Rs 25000.
This particular Bank of India debit card is specially devised for medium and small business entrepreneurs and helps the cardholder to maintain his current account.
Bank of India Bingo card is a debit card designed especially for students and they can enjoy TOD (Temporary Overdraft) facility up to Rs 2500. This Bank of India debit card can be issued to individuals aged between 15 and 25.
Master Platinum EMV card
The Master Platinum debit card can be used at any ATM and merchant outlet worldwide. Enjoy high daily ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs 50000 and purchase limit of Rs 1 lakh.
Visa debit cards
BOI Star Pension Aadhaar card
The Bank of India Star Pension Aadhaar card is specially designed for senior citizens who draw pension. This card can be used only in India and it caters to employees of central civil, defence, railways and other state government departments.
Visa debit card
The Visa debit card can be used for both international and domestic purposes. Enjoy a higher daily withdrawal limit up to Rs 25000 and a daily purchase limit of Rs 25000.
Visa EMV card
The Visa EMV card is globally accepted debit card which comes with an embedded EMV chip and PIN to provide enhanced security to card transactions.
Visa Platinum EMV card
The Bank of India Visa Platinum EMV debit card is issued to privileged customers who are diamond account holders and it can be used worldwide. It is protected by an embedded EMV chip and PIN which protects your transaction from all fraudulent activities.
RuPay debit card
Enjoy daily ATM withdrawal limits of Rs 25000 and a maximum purchase limit worth Rs 25000. It can be used in all ATMs, online stores and merchant outlets across India.
Dhan Aadhaar card
This card comes with biometric authentication via UIDAI for micro ATM and PIN based authentication in case of ATM transactions. The card holder’s photograph is printed on the card and the UID number is provided by the Government of India.
RuPay Kisan Card
This Bank of India debit card is devised only for farmers and can be used only at RuPay enabled ATMs and merchant outlets. Card holders can enjoy daily ATM withdrawal limits of Rs 15000 and purchase limits of Rs 25000.
RuPay Kisan Aadhaar card
This debit card is issued to cash credit account holders who have their UID numbers registered in the Central Banking System.
Sangini debit card
This debit card is specially designed for women, issued under the RuPay platform. With a validity of 5 years this card can be used at all ATMs and merchant outlets which accept RuPay cards. Enjoy shopping, travel, movie ticket purchases, etc using your Bank of India debit card.
Star Vidya card
Specially designed for college students, this debit card contains the card holder’s photo and can be used at college campus ATMs to withdraw money, also serving as a photo ID.
People having savings accounts, joint accounts, current accounts and overdraft accounts are eligible for Bank of India debit cards.
Bank of India debit card offers
- Bank of India debit cards offer a daily withdrawal limit up to Rs 25000 and a daily purchase limit up to Rs 25000
- Enjoy special offers on dining, travel, entertainment and other lifestyle activities.
- Bank of India debit cards are protected by chip and PIN, providing maximum security against cyber attacks
Benefits of holding a Bank of India debit card
- Bank of India debit cards offer enhanced security in the form of an embedded EMV chip and PIN number.
- Customers are also entitled to avail special offers on travel, dining and movies.
- Bank of India debit card users can enjoy higher daily ATM withdrawal limits and purchase limits.
- Students can avail a lot of additional benefits and can also withdraw money from ATMs inside their institute campus.
- Always sign on the magnetic strip at the back of your card as soon as you receive it
- Do not disclose your PIN to any individual
- In case of loss or theft of card, inform the Bank of India customer care department immediately
- Register your mobile number with the bank to receive free SMS alerts on all transactions
- Always complete your transactions at ATMs
- Do not close a browser during an ongoing transaction
FAQs about Bank of India debit cards
Will I get an SMS alert for every transaction?
Yes. For every transaction you will receive SMS alerts from Bank of India.
Are there any charges for withdrawals from Bank of India ATMs?
No. You can withdraw as many times you want without paying extra charges.
My card has been blocked due to 3 successive incorrect PIN entries. What do I do?
In such a situation, you will have to wait for 24 hours and it will be unlocked automatically. You can also call up the Internet Banking department of Bank of India and get your debit card unblocked.
What do I do when my Bank of India debit card is lost?
In case of loss or theft of card, inform Bank of India immediately by calling up the customer care department.
Can I have additional accounts attached to my primary BOI account?
The first account on your BOI debit card application form will serve as your primary account and you may link 5 additional accounts to that.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- Bank of India Credit Card
- Bank of India Education Loan
- Bank of India Car Loan
- Bank Of India Car Loan Interest Rates
- Bank Of India Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Bank of India Personal Loan
- Bank of India Used Car Loan
- Bank of India RD Interest Rate
- Bank of India Fixed Deposit Rates
- Bank of India Home Loan
- Bank of India IFSC Code
- Bank of India Two Wheeler Loan
News about Bank of India Debit Card
Bank of India Launches Solution against Fraudulence
Bank of India (BoI) has introduced with a risk management solution against fraudulence for all its deals related to debit cards and credit cards to give ultimate security to clients while transacting. The government-run bank has associated with Atos' supplementary Worldline India to deliver a tailored endwise solution according to a press release by the bank. This is expected to spot swindles, thwart those misusing technological devices and also entail having a devoted maintenance team to listen to customer grievances. Federal Bank launched an immediate fund transfer arrangement between two debit cards. It could be the cards of Federal Bank itself or of 11 other associated banks offering the same feature.
04th September 2015
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.