Highlighting Features of Saraswat Bank Debit Cards
- Chip embedded debit cards for enhanced security
- Facilitates cashless transactions and eliminates the need to carry cash
- Widely accepted all over the world
Overview of Saraswat Bank Debit Cards
Established in the year 1918, Saraswat Bank is a Maharashtra based co-operative banking institution which achieved the distinction of being the first bank to provide merchant banking services. Having attained the status of a ‘scheduled bank in 1988, the bank currently operates via nationwide network of 267 fully-computerized located in states like Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka and Goa. Driven by a glorious history of 75 years, the Saraswat bank has charted impressive growth over the years and now offers an extensive range of financial products and services. These include current accounts, mortgages, investment, insurance, remittance services, mutual funds and debit cards.
Under debit cards, Saraswat Bank offers three types of cards, which are, Visa Classic EMV International Debit Card, Visa Platinum EMV International Debit Card and the RuPay Classic Chip International Debit Card.
Types of Debit Cards offered by Saraswat Bank
Visa Classic EMV International Debit Card
This EMV Chip embedded Visa debit card can be used not only to withdraw cash at all ATMs (in India and abroad) but also for making purchases at merchant establishments. The combined daily transaction limit allowed on this card is Rs 50,000, which includes ATM transactions, online and POS transactions. Another noteworthy feature of this debit card is that it offers insurance cover for a Lost Card for an amount of Rs 50,000. Additionally, you may also use this card for booking tickets online through secured and trusted e-commerce payment gateways.
Visa Platinum EMV International Debit Card
The Platinum Debit Card is another EMV Chip embedded card offered by Saraswat Bank which features all the benefits offered by the Classic Debit Card, like instant access to cash at ATMs, facilitating cashless purchases at merchant establishments and making online purchases via reliable and trusted payment gateways. In addition to all these benefits, the Platinum Debit Card offers two other noteworthy benefit, which are: (i) An enhanced combined daily transaction limit of Rs 1,00,000 (for ATM, POS and online transactions) and (ii) Insurance against Lost Card for an amount of Rs 1,00,000.
RuPay Classic Chip International Debit Card
With the introduction of the RuPay Classic chip International Debit Card, Saraswat Bank holds the honor of being the first co-operative bank to issue a RuPay card. The embedded chip is a prominent feature of this card which basically lends safety and security to all your transactions. The Rupay Classic Debit Card can be used at RuPay ATMs and also merchant establishments displaying the Diner’s Club International, Pulse and Discover logo. Another distinct feature of this debit card is the high daily transaction limit of Rs 50,000 which it allows for ATM, POS and online transactions combined.
Benefits of Holding a Saraswat Bank Debit Card
There is a string of some very useful benefits attached with the Saraswat Debit Cards, some of which are listed below.
- These debit cards offer high transaction limits for cash withdrawals and making purchases.
- Debit cards have been a more accepted and reliable form of making payments over cheques.
- The embedded Chip feature on this debit card lends added safety and security to all your card related transactions.
- Experience the convenience of cashless transactions with this debit card which eliminates the need to carry cash, making purchases quicker and easier.
- The Saraswat Bank debit cards are widely accepted not only in India but also worldwide, be it at ATMs or Point of Sale terminals.
- This debit card make it easier for you to keep track of your account activity and expenses as money gets immediately deducted.
- Lost your card? Don’t worry, as Saraswat bank offers insurance cover for Lost Cards for its VISA debit cards.
- What is the maximum withdrawal limit allowed on the Visa Classic Debit Card at other bank ATMs?
You can make a maximum withdrawal of Rs 50,000 in one day, with a limit of Rs 10,000 for each transaction.
- At which ATMs can I use my Visa Debit Card?
You may use your Visa debit card at all Saraswat bank ATMs and all VISA enabled ATMs.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.