PNB Debit Cards at a Glance
- High withdrawal and transaction limits with PNB Debit Cards
- Enjoy cashless shopping not only online but also at retail stores / merchant locations.
- Get up to 2 Add-on Cards with select PNB Debit Cards
- 3D Secure Password protection for PNB Debit Cards helps ensures safe transactions
About Punjab National Bank
Founded in 1894, Punjab National Bank, famously known as PNB, is one of India’s oldest public sector financial services company, catering to over 80 million customers. Based in New Delhi, PNB currently runs 6300 branches and 7900 ATM’s across 764 cities. Additionally, the bank has extended its operations worldwide by establishing branches in Hong Kong, Dubai and Kabul. It also has representative offices in Almaty, Shanghai, Oslo and Sydney. Catering to a diverse customer base, PNB offers a range of products and services which include consumer banking, corporate banking, private banking, finance & insurance, mortgage loans, private equity, wealth management and credit cards.
PNB enjoys the reputation of being not only the third largest bank in India, in terms of assets, but is also ranked as the 248th largest bank worldwide. Having been a consistent performer, PNB was awarded the ‘Best Public Sector Bank’ by CNBC TV18 and recognized as the ‘Most Socially Responsive Bank’ by Businessworld & PwC in 2012. Also, it has figured in major rankings like the Forbes Global 2000 in 2013 and Fortune India 500 in 2011.
For the discerning Indian customer, PNB offers a range of debit cards, designed to address different needs. These cards offer the convenience of cashless transactions and quick access to cash from many of the PNB ATMs or any other associated ATMs. Please remember, PNB does not levy any charge on the debit cards for cash withdrawals from either PNB ATMs or any other bank ATMs.
Types of Debit Cards
Classic Debit Card (Magstripe)
- This is a PIN based Debit Card designed for Saving Account holders with PNB.
- The card is available in 2 variants - Personalized version which carries the card holder’s name and the Non-Personalized version which does not carry the customer’s name.
- The Classic Debit Card features a daily withdrawal limit of Rs 25,000/-, per transaction limit of Rs 15,000/- and a daily limit of Rs 60,000 for PoS and e-commerce transactions.
- Transfer funds easily from one account to another PNB account using this debit card.
Platinum Debit Card (Magstripe)
- This debit card is specially designed for Premium customers of PNB.
- You can personalize your Platinum Debit card with not only your name but also your photograph.
- This card features an ATM withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000, PoS / e-commerce transaction limit of Rs 1,25,000 and a limit of $500 for all cross-border ATM, PoS and e-commerce transactions.
Add-On Cards (For Classic & Platinum Debit Card)
- Customers with a Classic or Platinum Debit Card can take up to 2 add-on cards
- The primary cardholder will be liable for all transactions carried out with the associated add-on card.
MITRA ATM Card
- This card is dedicatedly designed for all MITRA Account holders but other customers can opt for it as well.
- Can be used only at PNB ATMs without any charge but cannot be used for PoS/online transactions.
- It is available in a Biometric variant and has a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs 5,000.
RuPay Debit Card
- This PIN based RuPay Debit card features a magnetic strip and can be used only within India.
- The PNB RuPay Debit Card is compatible only with RuPay enabled ATMs and PoS Terminals.
RuPay Kisan Card
- This card is designed for Kisan Account holders.
- It features a daily ATM cash withdrawal limit of up to Rs 25,000 with a per withdrawal limit of up to Rs 15,000 and a PoS Transaction limit of Rs 60,000 per day.
Eligibility for PNB Debit Cards
The following categories of customers are eligible to apply for PNB Debit cards.
- All KYC compliant Savings / Current Account holders who:
- Maintain the minimum balance in their accounts
- Regularly operate their PNB accounts
Benefits of PNB Debit Cards
- These debit cards are accepted at all MasterCard Acceptance Marks
- Widely accepted throughout India at all Maestro merchant locations and all ATMs with the Cirrus / MasterCard logo.
- All your transactions are secured with a PIN number, which can be changed by you as and when you like.
- For added transaction protection, PNB Debit cards function with a 3D Secure code which must be created by the cardholder themselves.
Quick Tips to Transact Safely with your PNB Debit Card
- You must never disclose your PIN number to anyone.
- Do change your PIN number once you start using your PNB Debit Card.
- To prevent fraudulent use of your debit card, never hand your card to anyone else to operate.
- If you have hot-listed your debit card, please ensure that the card is destroyed by cutting it into pieces, once the hot-listing process is complete.
FAQ’s for PNB Debit Cards
What is the maximum number of accounts which can be linked to my PNB Debit Card?
You can link a maximum of three accounts to your PNB Debit Card, given that all the linked accounts are held in the same name and capacity.
If a lost card is eventually traced/found and restored to the cardholder, can it be re-activated?
No. A card once hot listed / blocked cannot be re-activated. You must put in a request for a fresh card.
Is there any Issuance Fee for debit cards?
No. All PNB Debit Cards are issued free of cost. However, a nominal fee of Rs. 100 per year will be charged after one year of card issuance.
Where can I use my PNB Debit Card?
You can use your debit card to withdraw cash at all ATMs bearing the Cirrus/Maestro logo, not only within India but also worldwide.
What is the validity of a PNB Debit Card?
PIN based Maestro Debit card has no expiry date. However Signature based Debit Card is valid for 7 years from the date of issue.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- Punjab National Bank Credit Card
- Punjab National Bank Education Loan
- PNB Savings Account
- Punjab National Bank Personal Loan
- Punjab National Bank Car Loan
- Punjab National Bank Car Loan Interest Rates
- Punjab National Bank Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Punjab National Bank Used Car Loan
- PNB RD Interest Rate
- Punjab National Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- Punjab National Bank Home Loan
- Punjab National Bank IFSC Code
- PNB Two Wheeler Loan