For Canara Bank customers that have an account (savings or current) with Canara Bank but do not have a debit card, they can apply for one at the Canara Bank branch holding their account. The same procedure can be followed for Canara Bank customers that have either lost their debit card or it has been stolen. For lost or stolen debit cards, customers have to first ensure that they block their debit card before applying for a new debit card. Using the debit cards issued by card associates such as VISA, RuPay and MasterCard, customer can make transactions at POS terminals (online and at physical stores) and can make withdrawals at any ATM across the country. For customers that wish to apply for a new debit card at a Canara Bank branch, we’ve listed the features of Canara Bank debit cards, the eligibility criteria, documents required, followed by the steps to avail a debit card.
Features of Canara Bank Debit Card
Listed below are some of the key features of Canara Bank ATM debit cards:
- Issued by card associates such as VISA, MasterCard and RuPay, customers can carry out transactions at POS terminals across the country and online as well, as make withdrawals from their account.
- As soon as the Canara Bank ATM debit card expires, the bank will issue a new card to the customer. In most cases, the ATM debit card will be swallowed by the ATM once it has expired.
- Cash withdrawals at other bank ATMs are restricted to Rs.10,000 per day.
- In times of emergency such as cash crunch and so on, Canara Bank customers can make emergency cash withdrawals from listed merchant establishments - limited to Rs.1,000 per day.
Eligibility criteria to apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
Customers can apply for a Canara Bank ATM debit card if they meet the eligibility criteria:
- Any citizen or resident of the India is eligible to apply for a Canara Bank ATM debit card provided they hold a savings account, overdraft account, or a current account with Canara Bank.
- Even NRIs (Non-resident Indians) that hold a Canara Bank account are eligible to apply for a Canara Bank ATM debit card.
- All students above the age of 10 years old can apply for the specialised Canara Bank Campus debit card.
Documents required when applying for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
Listed below are the documents the customer has to submit at the Canara Bank branch when applying for a debit card:
- Identity Proof - PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving license, etc.
- Address proof - Aadhaar card, Passport, Driving License, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- 6 recent passport size photographs.
Steps to apply for a Canara Bank ATM debit card at the bank branch
Canara Bank account holders have to follow the steps below for the offline method of applying for a Canara Bank ATM debit card.
- Visit the Canara Bank branch holding your account and fill in the application form for a debit card. You can also download the form online.
- Enter all the required details as per your KYC documents. Ensure that there are no discrepancies.
- Ensure that you attest the application form, the KYC documents that you are submitting and the passport photographs as well.
- Submit the application form, KYC documents and passport photographs at the bank counter that deals with the issue of new debit cards.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
Once your application has been approved, the bank will mail you the debit card to your registered address, or you can pick it up from the bank branch itself. For security reasons, the bank will mail your PIN separately. However, one can generate your ATM PIN at an ATM or via the Canara bank net banking facility and need not wait for the PIN to arrive by post.
1. Is it possible to apply for a Canara Bank ATM debit card for joint accounts?
Yes, one can apply for Canara Bank ATM debit card for joint account holders as well. In fact, the primary account holder as well as the secondary account holder will get separate debit cards to make transactions and withdrawals using the joint account.
2. My Canara Bank ATM debit card is worn out and I wish to replace it? Is it possible? What are the charges?
Yes, you can replace you Canara Bank ATM debit card if it is worn out. Currently, Canara Bank charges Rs.50 as replacement charges. That said, the replacement charges are subject to change.
3. Is it possible to make ATM withdrawals at other bank ATMs using my Canara Bank ATM debit card?
Yes, you can make withdrawals from other bank ATMs as well. That said, the number of free withdrawals from other bank ATMs are limited per month. Following which, withdrawal charges will be applicable.
4. What should I do if my Canara Bank ATM debit card is lost or stolen?
The first thing that you need to do is to ensure that your debit card is blocked. This can be done via the internet banking facility of Canara Bank, or by calling the customer care unit of Canara Bank. Next, you can apply for a duplicate card via your internet banking account or at the bank branch holding your account. Currently, Canara Bank charges Rs.150 for issue of duplicate debit cards as a result of it being lost or stolen. Such charges are subject to change though.
5. Do Canara Bank ATM debit cards come with the EMV chip option?
Yes, select Canara Bank ATM debit cards come with the EMV chip. The issuance fee for such cards are slightly higher though.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.