For Axis Bank account holders, as soon as they have opened an account - savings or current - they will be granted a debit card of their choice. As soon as the Axis Bank account holder receives the debit card, the first thing that he/she should do is generate the PIN (Personal Identification Number) of the the debit card and thereby activate the debit card. Axis Bank customers have four choices when it comes to activating their debit card PIN - they can either do it through their internet banking account, the Axis Bank mobile app, at any Axis Bank ATM or through the bank’s phone banking facility. For those Axis Bank customers that wish to activate their debit card PIN, they can choose any of the four procedures and follow the steps listed below.
Steps to generate Axis Bank ATM debit PIN at an ATM
Axis Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to generate their debit card PIN at an ATM:
- Visit any Axis Bank ATM closest to you.
- Insert your Axis Bank debit card and choose the “set PIN” option.
- An activation code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the activation code.
- Now, enter your bank account details such as your registered mobile number and your date of birth.
- Once you have entered all the required details, enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN to confirm.
As soon as you have done that, your debit card PIN will be activated. The bank will inform you of the same.
For joint account holders, the details of the secondary account holder will have to be entered as well.
Steps to generate Axis Bank ATM debit PIN using the Axis Bank Mobile App
Axis Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to activate their debit card PIN on the Axis Bank mobile app:
- Login to the Axis Bank mobile app using your username and password.
- On the top-left corner of the screen, click on the “home” button.
- Choose “Banking” and click on the “services” tab.
- Click on the “debit card” option.
- Choose “set/reset PIN” from the options available.
- Once you have done that, enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN and enter the MPIN as well.
Your Axis Bank debit card PIN will be activated from that point.
Steps to generate Axis Bank ATM debit PIN using the internet banking facility
Axis Bank account holders have to follow the steps mentioned below to generate their debit card PIN using their internet banking account:
- Login to your Axis Net banking account using your username and password.
- Once you have logged in, click on “account” and select “debit card”.
- Choose the “more services” option and click on “set debit card PIN”.
- Now, enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice. Re-enter the PIN and the expiry date of your card.
- An OTP (One-time password) will be sent to your registered mobile number, enter the number to activate your Axis Bank debit card PIN.
Steps to generate Axis Bank ATM debit PIN using the Axis Bank phone banking facility
Customers that wish to activate their debit card PIN using the phone banking facility have to follow the two-step process - the first to get the activation passcode and the second to set the debit card PIN using the passcode.
Steps to get the activation passcode:
- Start by calling either of the Axis Bank toll-free numbers - 1860-419-5555/ 1860-500-5555. Ensure you do so using the mobile number registered with Axis Bank.
- Choose option 1 to know your savings account details.
- Next, choose option 4 for debit card related services.
- Now, to generate your activation passcode, dial 1.
- Enter your debit card number, expiry date of your card, your date of birth. Once that is done, the activation passcode will be sent to your mobile number.
Steps to generate Axis Bank ATM debit card PIN using the activation passcode:
- Redial the toll-free number of the Axis Bank phone banking facility.
- Repeat the steps and choose option 1 and option 4.
- Now, choose the generate PIN option.
- Provided that you have the activation passcode, dial 2.
- Enter your debit card number, expiry date of your card, and your date of birth.
- Enter the PIN of your choice. Re-enter the PIN.
- As soon as this is done, the bank will notify you that your PIN has been activated.
How will I receive the OTP? Will I receive it via email? How long is it valid for?
The OTP will be send to your registered mobile number. It is valid for just 30 minutes.
Can I activate my debit card PIN at any Axis Bank ATM or should it be the one of my home branch?
No, it is not necessary to go to your home branch Axis Bank ATM to activate your debit card PIN. You can do it at any Axis Bank ATM.
For the internet banking and mobile app procedures to activate my debit card PIN, should I upload my KYC documents as well?
No, that would not be necessary since you would have submitted your KYC documents to open the account itself. You just need to enter your bank account details such as your registered mobile number, date of birth, etc. - if required only.
What if I have entered the wrong OTP?
If you have entered the wrong OTP three times in a row, then the transaction will be declined.
Do I have to follow the same steps to reset my PIN? Just to enhance the security of my card.
Yes, you have to follow the same steps to reset your PIN. And yes, it is advisable to change your debit card PIN frequently to enhance the security of your account.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account