Mobile banking has simplified our financial tasks by providing most banking-related services through mobile devices such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc. The advent of mobile banking has made processes such as money transfers, payments, balance enquiries, deposits, etc. possible right from the comfort of your homes.
Keep a watch on your account with our round the clock SMS Banking service. Every debit or credit in your account is intimated to you by an SMS as soon as it happens. Be in a smart position to detect any unauthorised access to your account.
Effective from June 15, 2013 all Savings Account holders registered for SMS Banking (except NRI) will be charged Rs. 15 per quarter (exclusive of taxes).You can unsubscribe by visiting nearest branch and ATM, once unsubscribed you will not be charged from subsequent billing cycle.
You can request information on your account from wherever you are any time of the day or night. Just send the specified keyword as an SMS to +919717000002 or 5676782* to receive the information on your account.
Axis Bank's SMS Banking service provides you information in two ways: Automatic Alerts and SMS Requests.
- You would automatically receive alerts on your registered mobile number for all the transactions done through Card/s, Internet Banking or Mobile Banking. For all other transactions (initiated through branch,system,cheque, etc.) you will receive SMS alerts for transactions above for Rs. 5,000. For Savings accounts having two or more holders, all the account holders who have provided their mobile numbers at the time of account opening or at a later stage will receive these alerts.
- Bill payments due: If you are registered for bill payments, you would receive an alert on your cell phone informing you that a bill is pending for payment.
A. Non- Transactional Service Request through SMS
You can check your balance, go through the last three transactions, find out the status of your cheques and keep a tab on your demat account balances as and when you want it. All you have to do is send an SMS with the specified keyword to the SMS Banking number +919717000002 or 5676782*
You can request for the following information:
- Last three Transactions
- Locate the nearest ATM
- Customer ID
- Cheque Book Request
B. Transactional Service Request through SMS
Now enjoy the convenience of recharging your Mobile, DTH and Datacard by just sending an SMS to 5676782 or 9717000002.
Benefits of Axis Bank Mobile Banking:
- Safety: Every debit and credit above a certain value is intimated to you. Stay updated on your account transactions anywhere in the world.
- Convenience: No more queues at the ATM to check your accounts.
- Time Saving: No traveling to branches or ATMs to keep track of your account.
- Updates: Get automatic updates on bill payments and scheduled payments on your cell.
- Accessibility: Avail of this service from anywhere in the world, even on the move.
- Free of Charges: Avail absolutely free of charges, except he SMS charges
- Bill Payments: Booking services such as movie tickers, air, or train tickets is an add-on service makes more easy and comfort
How to Register for Axis Bank Mobile Banking
To register for Axis Bank’s mobile banking services, you must first register your mobile number with the bank using any the modes mentioned below:
- Using Axis Bank ATM: Visit your nearest Axis bank ATM and insert your debit card. Enter the PIN and select ‘Registrations’ from the menu that appears. After selecting the ‘Registrations’ option, a new menu will open where you will have to select the ‘Mobile Number Update’ option. You can update or change your registered mobile number by entering the new number.
- By visiting Axis Bank Branch: You can visit your nearest Axis Bank branch and submit a request for registering or updating your mobile number. You will be required to fill the ‘Customer Request Form’ to update the number.
After you have registered your mobile number with the bank, you can activate the mobile banking services by following the steps mentioned below:
- Download Axis Bank’s mobile banking app
- Launch the app and click on ‘Login’
- An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number for verification
- Enter your name and set your mPIN.
- After setting the password, you will be logged in to the app.
- You will be required to authenticate by providing your internet banking login ID and password or your debit card details.
- Choose your preferred mode of authentication and provide the necessary details.
- After providing these details, you will be able to use the app and carry out numerous banking tasks through the service.
How to Login to Axis Bank Mobile Banking App
You can log in to Axis Bank’s mobile banking app by following the steps mentioned below:
- Download Axis Bank’s official mobile banking app from the app store.
- Open the app and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- If you are a new user, you will have to go through the registration process.
- If you are already registered with the service, you can enter your login credentials to log in to the app.
How to Change Axis Bank mPIN
mPIN is a 4-digit code that is required for all mobile transactions. Since it is a code meant to secure your transactions, it is important to change the code frequently. To change your mPIN you have to follow these steps:
- Launch the Axis Bank mobile banking app.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu
- Select ‘Change mPIN’ option
- Enter the current mPIN and set the new mPIN
- You can now log in using your new mPIN
If you forget your mPIN and are not able to log in to the app due to that, you can follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Open your Axis Bank app
- Go to the login page and click on ‘Forgot mPIN’ option.
- After verifying your details, you will be able to set a new mPIN.
List of Axis Bank Mobile Apps
|Axis Mobile App Name||Features|
|BHIM Axis Pay||
|Axis Merchant App||
|Axis Tap and Pay||
Axis Bank Mobile Banking: Security Measures
Some of the security measures are:
- In case your phone is misplaced or stolen, your account is still safe as there is no information saved on your SIM card or mobile phone. You can also call customer service in case of misplaced phone to report the theft deactivating your IPIN.
- In case you enter your IPIN incorrectly a number of times consecutively, Axis blocks the pin.
Axis Bank Mobile Banking: Do’s and Don’ts
Following are the Do’s and Don’ts while using Axis Bank Mobile Banking:
- It is preferable that your mobile phone is secured by a unique password, only known to you.
- Ensure you choose a strong password comprising of a mix of alphanumeric and special characters.
- Ensure you change your password on a regular basis to keep it safe and secure.
- In case of a lost or stolen phone, report the incident immediately to the bank as well as the nearest police station.
- Mobile banking is very risky as you access the services while on the move. Therefore, do not enter your details in hurry for any kind of transaction.
- Never share confidential information in any other website, other than the registered bank’s app.
- Do not share any banking information on your phone.
- In case of change in your mobile number, do not forget to inform the bank immediately.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- ICICI Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811