About Axis Bank Internet Banking
Axis Bank introduces their net banking website which combines the ease of online transacting, long with providing access to a variety of valuable services. With the help of online banking, customers can now control and keep track of their banking transactions. Without having to visit the bank, customers can carry out a variety of banking transactions like open savings accounts, pay bills, open a fixed deposit, apply for a credit/debit card, request for a new cheque book, submit cheque payments requests, view their account activity, download previous account statements, in addition to a multitude of other transactions.
Features of Axis Bank Net Banking
- Account Details – You can easily view all your account related details laid out in a compact manner. You can check account balance, download past account statements, view details related to your Demat, Credit Card, Loan account as well.
- Fund Transfer – Transfer funds online quickly and securely with the help of online banking. Not only can you transfer funds between other axis bank accounts but also transfer to non-Axis bank accounts as well.
- Make Service Requests – Easily place requests for a Demand Draft, a new cheque book, Reward points redemption, Stop Cheque Payment, and other services.
- Invest Online Via The Website – The online banking website allows customers to not only view their complete portfolio held with the bank, but also start investments like invest in an IPO, open a Fixed Deposit, etc.
- Benefit of Other Value Added Services – The internet banking website provides some additional value added benefits like enabling you to pay utility bills, register online to receive e-statements, do mobile recharges, pay any Visa Credit Card bill, create virtual cards, register for SMS banking to receive alerts, etc.
What is Netsecure?
Axis Bank offers an enhanced security feature to secure customer’s online transactions. Once the customer registers for Netsecure, he/she can generate a one-time password through SMS, Web-pin or 1-touch Device which will be used along with the transaction password for transacting online. This makes the transaction safe and secure as the customer will have to approve each online transaction by manually entering the password.
Types of Netsecure
- Netsecure with SMS: In this case, the Netsecure Code will be sent to the customer’s registered mobile number. Currently, Axis Bank offers this facility to domestic customers only.
- Netsecure with 1-Touch Device: In this case, the customer has to generate the Netsecure code using the 1-Touch device provided by the bank.
- Mobi-Token Application: Customers should install the Axis Netsecure app from App Store or Play Store to generate the OTP using the app. Currently, Axis Bank offers this feature to NRI customers only.
- Netsecure with Webpin: To get a webpin, customers should register one or more of their frequently used computers. Customers should use Webpin to receive the Netsecure code.
How to register for Netsecure?
- To register for Netsecure, customers should first register their mobile number with the bank.
- Customers will have to visit the nearest Axis Bank ATM or a bank branch to register their mobile number.
- If the customer is receiving mobile alerts from the bank already on their mobile phone, it means that their phone number is already registered.
- Once the phone number is registered, the customer will have to login to Axis Bank Internet Banking and choose “Netsecure with SMS” option on the registration page.
- Once the customer chooses the “Netsecure with SMS” option on the registration page, the Netsecure registration is complete.
Customers registering for Netsecure will be charged a one-time fee of Rs.1,000 for the device. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
Netsecure with Mobile App
Customer can also register for Netsecure using a mobile app. To register for Netsecure with Mobile App, please follow the steps listed below:
- Please make sure that you have an Android or IOS phone to initiate Netsecure through mobile app.
- Resident customers should make sure that their phone number is registered with Axis Bank. Update the phone number that you frequently use. All alerts will be sent to your registered phone number.
- NRI customers should make sure that their email address is registered with Axis Bank. Make sure you provide your most frequently used email address as all future updates will be sent to the registered email ID.
- The step for both resident and NRI customers is to login to Axis Bank Internet Banking and access the registration page.
- On the registration page, customers will have to choose “Netsecure with mobile App” option.
- Existing customers who wish to switch to “Netsecure with mobile app” option using internet banking facility can do so by visiting Axis Bank. They will find this option under the services tab.
- Visit the app store and install “Axis Netsecure” app onto your phone.
- Follow the steps on Internet Banking to complete the registration process.
How Do You Register For Axis Bank Internet Banking
Registering for Axis Bank’s net banking service involves only a few simple steps. Internet banking has enabled customers to skip long queues at the bank and access and manage their account in real time, 24 hours a day. To register for internet banking you need to do the following:
- Visit Axis Bank’s internet banking website. Click on the tab which asks you to ‘Register for Internet Banking’. You will be asked to input your account Number, Customer ID (received with your savings account kit) and your registered mobile number.
- Next, you will be asked o validate your debit/credit card details and will be asked to provide the OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number or email ID.
- Following this, you will be asked to create a password for your Login purpose. Create a strong password following the password creation guidelines and login into your net banking account.
Services Offered Under Axis Bank Net Banking
Along with banking related transactions, you can also place several types of banking / account related requests via online banking. Some of these include requesting for Stop Cheque Payment, request for a new cheque book/Demand Draft, start a Fixed Deposit, register to receive e-statement of your account, register for SMS banking.
Axis Bank Internet Banking FAQs
1. Who can register for Axis Bank Internet Banking?
All individuals who hold Axis Bank Savings Account are eligible to register for Internet Banking service. The customer must have complete authority to operate their online banking account.
2. I have forgotten my online banking password. Can I generate a new one?
There is no need to worry if you have forgotten your internet banking ID and password. You can easily generate both online, for which you need to provide your 16 digit ATM/Debit Card Number and ATM PIN.
3. How safe is it to use online banking? What level of security does Axis Bank employ to safeguard security of my transactions?
Safety of your transactions is of paramount importance. Axis Bank employs multiple layers of advanced protection which includes 128-bit encryption, double level of passwords (for login and transactions) and second factor authentication (Netsecure code) to ensure that your transactions are carried out securely.
4. I think there has been an unauthorized transactions carried out from my account? What do I do?
If you are suspicions that a transactions may have been carried out without your authorization, you must report the same to the bank at firstname.lastname@example.org without any delay.
5. Do I only need one User ID for all Axis Bank relationships?
Yes, you only need one User ID to carry out your online banking transactions and other Axis bank relationships.
6. Is it mandatory to register for Netsecure?
If you want to perform financial transactions like transfer funds, pay bills, recharge your phone etc., it is mandatory to register for Netsecure. If you do not register for Netsecure, you cannot carry out any of these activities. You can only view your account details.
7. How can I switch between two options of Netsecure?
If you wish to change the Netsecure mode, you can do that by logging in to your internet banking. Click on the “Register For” tab and choose the mode of your choice.
8. How can I unregister from Netsecure?
If you wish to unregister from Netsecure, you will have to send an email to email@example.com from your registered email ID or from the Axis Bank Internet Banking mailbox, requesting them to opt you out from Netsecure. Please note that once you unregister from Netsecure, you will not be able to carry out any financial transactions online.
9. Can I use the same Netsecure Code more than once?
For security purposes, you will not be allowed to use the same Netsecure Code more than once. Please note that one Netsecure Code can be used only once. It has to be used before it expires as each Netsecure Code expires in 90 seconds.
10. I am getting an “Invalid OTP” error on entering Netsecure code. What does that mean?
You will get an “Invalid OTP” or “Invalid Credentials” error if you have entered the wrong Netsecure Code. This error can also appear when you use a Netsecure Code that has already expired. Please note that each Netsecure Code is valid only for 90 seconds. When you get this error message, please click on “On Call OTP” option on the screen to get a new Netsecure code through an automated voice call. Use the new OTP to process your transaction. Remember that if you enter an incorrect OTP five consecutive times, your user ID will be suspended for the day and you will not be allowed to make any financial transactions for the next 24 hours.
11. What if the OTP does not reach me on time?
Axis Bank has the technology required to send instant SMS. However, there may be cases where the OTP SMS may not reach on time due to technical difficulties. If you do not receive the OTP SMS on time, please click on the “Resend OTP” option to receive the same Netsecure Code. If you do not receive the OTP in the second attempt, please try the “On Call OTP” option to receive the Netsecure Code through an automated voice call. In this case, you will receive the OTP via a phone call on your registered mobile number.
12. I am an getting “Invalid Netsecure Code” error for the code I generated on my 1-Touch Device. What should I do?
Please note that an “Invalid Netsecure Code” error appears when you enter the wrong OTP or an expired OTP. Netsecure Code is valid for only 90 seconds. If you enter the Netsecure Code after 90 seconds, you will receive an “Invalid Netsecure Code” error. Please generate a new Netsecure Code from your 1 Touch Device to proceed. If the error persists, please try the “Resync” link option for synchronization of your 1 touch device.
Axis Internet Banking Services
Internet Banking with Netsecure allows you to carry out many transactions which you otherwise cannot perform. Listed below are the services you can avail with just your password and with the Netsecure code. You will be able to see that if you register on Netsecure, you can perform various financial transactions.
|Serial number||Internet banking services||Internet banking with password only||Internet banking with password and Netsecure|
|1||View account details||Yes||Yes|
|2||View account balance||Yes||Yes|
|3||Download account statement||Yes||Yes|
|4||Request for a cheque book||Yes||Yes|
|5||Place a request to stop cheque payment||Yes||Yes|
|6||Open a fixed deposit||Yes*||Yes|
|7||View credit card information||Yes||Yes|
|8||Pay credit card bill||Yes*||Yes|
|9||Redeem debit card points||Yes||Yes|
|10||View your demat account details||Yes||Yes|
|11||View your portfolio summary||Yes||Yes|
|12||View your loan details||Yes||Yes|
|13||Register to receive e-statements||Yes||Yes|
|15||Update your personal profile details||Yes||Yes|
|16||Register for SMS banking||Yes||Yes|
|17||Transfer fund to own Axis Bank account||Yes*||Yes|
|18||Transfer fund to other Axis Bank account||No||Yes|
|19||Transfer fund to other bank account||No||Yes|
|20||Transfer Fund to Visa Credit Card||No||Yes|
|22||Request for Demand Draft||No||Yes|
|23||Pay utility bills||No||Yes|
|24||Shop online and pay using Axis Bank Internet Banking||No||Yes|
|25||Apply for IPO Online||Yes*||Yes|
* Available only for users registered for Internet Banking with fund transfer facility.